Clearblue fertility monitor...worth the money/risk?

Lulabelle85

Reaction score
I'm currently reading The Impatient Woman's Guide to Getting Pregnant and it suggests getting a clearblue fertility monitor. I've been looking on Amazon and they're not cheap, but would be worth the money if it works. It has a disclaimer though saying it can give false results in women with PCOS. Has anyone with PCOS used one and would you recommend it? If I knew it would give me accurate readings I'd part with the cash in a second!

I bought one like 11 years ago or something and just found it over complicated. I have been using just plain 'ol IC opk's and really like them.. easy to use, easy to read. There are like 15-20% off coupons all over the web for early pregnancy tests .com .. why not try those first?

I didn't rate mine- much prefered the ICs

Thanks ladies. I have some of the IC ones already that I got from Amazon so I'll just try them first x

I have a monitor that a friend gave me so once I reset it I used it for the first time this last cycle. I like it a lot but I also only had to buy new test sticks. I paid like $50 I think for a box of 30 tests and it came with 3 clear blue digi pregnancy tests so it wasn't too bad. A box will last 3 cycles if they are regular. Mine are a regular 28 days. But honestly if I hadn't been given one I think I would have started with just OPKs but since I had the monitor it was just as cheap to buy those test sticks as it was OPKs

I bought the fertility monitor when we first started trying and got tired of it quickly ,discovered I ovulate around the same time each month on CD14 so ever since I just use OPKs starting at CD 10 and I test a few times a day and always catch my surge.

I could never get a line darker than the control with normal opks. I liked being able to poas in the morning rather than afternoon and got pg everytime we dtd every high/peak day. Fingers crossed this time is staying. I had irregular cycles and often early ov so caught it. The sticks are pricey but were worth every penny to me. Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->