clearblue fertility monitor

S

sumatwsimit

does anyone rate it? is it worth the money?

i use the clear blue digital ov stick (the one with the smiley face) but thinking of trying the monitor. opinions please. :flower:

I have a CBFM that I ordered from Costco. I like it very much although I thought it was defective the first month when it made me test for 20 days. I've since found out that it does that to 'learn' my cycle.

It seems accurate, as I've used OPKs as a backup to verity the Peak days. The only drawback is the price of test sticks. They're not cheap and where I am, they cost about $2 per stick plus tax! I'm sure you can find them cheaper elsewhere, like Ebay, but I haven't done that yet.

:dust::dust::dust:

thanks for your input l8tbloomer. have you tried the clearblue ov digi stick to compare?

what i need to know is if it is even more accurate than that or is it the case it is a more sophisticated model with more bips and buttons.

Hi Sumat, I have not tried the clearblue digi stick but I have tried the FR Digi.

In terms of accuracy, compared with the FR Digi, I think it's the same, except like you said, with more bips and buttons. Hope that helps. I should also say that I've just used it for 2 cycles. There are probably others who've used it longer and can provide a more useful comparison.
:dust::dust::dust:

with a bit of luck it will prove its worth and help you get that bfp in no time. best wishes. :flower:

Suma, Despie uses one of these and says it's really good, hopefully she'll pick this up and get back to you :flower:

Suma, Despie uses one of these and says it's really good, hopefully she'll pick this up and get back to you :flower:

jax, i'll ask her about it. my friend has recently bought one and she's used it this month for the first time and found that she has peak fertility at the end of AF! she never knew that before and so it's got me thinking about just how good this things might be. i've used the clearblue digi and got results from it but hoping this machine may speed the next bfp along a bit.

jax, i'll ask her about it. my friend has recently bought one and she's used it this month for the first time and found that she has peak fertility at the end of AF! she never knew that before and so it's got me thinking about just how good this things might be. i've used the clearblue digi and got results from it but hoping this machine may speed the next bfp along a bit.

Suma, anything's worth a try :thumbup: Must admit I've ummed and ahhed over whether to get one but from what I've read most ladies use them when they have irregular cycles and fortunately that hasn't applied to me so I've not coughed up.... I'm getting into me charting!!!!

yes, think that may be why my friend got it too - bc of her cycles and irregular ov pattern.

gonna stick to my smiley digi for a few months more and then maybe reassess. good for you doing the charting. i love it. :hugs:

Ive got one and have been using it since october, the sticks are expensive but you can get them on ebay etc. in fact I brought my cbfm on ebay second hand, and by the looks of it, you can sell them easily on there after you've finished,so you probably have nothing to loose, I do have slightly irregular cycles so it's been good for me, however you only test once a day, so (as I found out this cycle) if your Luteal surge is short, the cbfm may miss it,
I combined mine with temping so I could see what happened this cycle.
Maybe it helped - who knows

sorry to write an essay - if I can help any more, let me know

Hi suma

Just saw this and since i totally love my CBFM (was in tears when i thought i'd forgotten it in a hotel in France!) I just had to respond.

I've used the smiley face clearblue test pack as well (still sometimes do when i feel like obsessively POAS) and i think what the monitor offers is greater accuracy because it measures both the decline of estrogen and the rise of LH.

I tend to have a very short surge of LH and I'm sure that without the CBFM i would miss my surge...it gets you to test within a window period every morning. It grades your fertility status from low to high to peak, so you have a better idea of when to expect the surge which is the 'peak'.

I've had mine for over 18mnths and it's spot-on accuracy gave me 3 bfp's and my cycles are not irregular. So well worth the money I think and there are usually loads available on ebay. A
second-one can easily be re-set.

OK, I'll stop now :haha:

let us know if you get one
xxx

Hi suma

Just saw this and since i totally love my CBFM (was in tears when i thought i'd forgotten it in a hotel in France!) I just had to respond.

I've used the smiley face clearblue test pack as well (still sometimes do when i feel like obsessively POAS) and i think what the monitor offers is greater accuracy because it measures both the decline of estrogen and the rise of LH.

I tend to have a very short surge of LH and I'm sure that without the CBFM i would miss my surge...it gets you to test within a window period every morning.

I've had mine for over 18mnths and it's spot-on accuracy gave me 3 bfp's. So well worth the money and there are usually loads available on ebay. A
second-one can easily be re-set.

OK, I'll stop now, i think you get message :haha:

let us know if you get one
xxx

still deliberating...:haha: thinking of investing in one next month but kind of know my cycle patterns and i ov around the same days each month so wondering if it's spending when not necessary!? plus i got a bfp in aug and dec with the digi one so i dunno. i'm trying to find a quick way to a bfp but there's no easy answer to getting one, i'm desperately trying to find a short cut and in this game there isn't such a thing lol :dohh:

I concieved ds4,and ds5 using cbfm and i had regular 28 day cycle,ds 4 was concieved on 3rd cycle and ds5 was concieved on 1st cycle of using,i sold mine after having ds 5 but just bought another of ebay for £15 and just started 1st cycle as trying for baby no6

Me too Suma :thumbup:

peacebaby, thanks for your post :flower: Very interesting to read that you love it and have had good success when you have regular cycles. For that reason I've always thought it wouldn't be a worthwhile investment for me but you're making me think differently now - thanks! :thumbup:

hi Jax

you're welcome !

you know I actually think it is intended for people with regular cycles,it does say something to that effect in the instruction booklet. It also states that it may not work properly for anyone on clomid.

I just love the ease of use, one less thing to worry about.

Good luck :hugs::hugs:

I have been using mine since October and to be honest, I get more useful info from my OPKs and charting. Some months I got my peak the morning of my temp rise or after FF had confirmed ov, and one month I got no peak at all despite a positive OPK and increased temps. I tend to read high for ages before ov too. I keep going because getting any peak reading is reassuring. Saying that, for some women it is really helpful. Good luck.

I've been using the CBFM since September and I like it :thumbup:. After I came off medication my periods seemed a bit all over the place and I had no idea when I ov'd - turns out I ov a different day every cycle :wacko:. If I didn't use the monitor I'd never know when I was 'fertile'. It is a buzz seeing your peak. I also temp. And use OPKs, but I have only ever had one positive OPK :shrug:. I do love a gadget, and although the sticks are expensive once it starts to recognise your cycle you don't need to POAS from the first day it asks for sticks just when you think you're nearing your peak.

I think it is worth buying the CBFM :)

I used it for 3 months and the 1st and 2nd month I only got high's on the 3rd cycle I got my peak! They say it can take about 3 months for the CBFM to get to know your cycle.

The downside is I run out of sticks after my 3rd cycle, ordered new ones from the USA as cheaper but my parcel got lost! then I went away for a month.

Now I have a good 6 months worth of sticks (praying I wont need them!) and have just started my CBFM again this month.

It's clearer to read than the cheapie sticks you can buy, plus if you dont get a peak for 3 + months its worth going to the doc etc.

I also started charting my BBT last month so together I am hoping this will help! including info for the fertility clinic. We have our first appointment next week!

im 35 and we just dont want to waste and more time.

Good luck to every one!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->