Clearblue Monitor Estrogen & LH Lines

mummy_blues

Us n our identical BOYS!
Reaction score
Ok, I just got my first clearblue fertility monitor and I have been testing since CD 6. don't really need to read the lines myself since the clearblue monitor reads it for me, but I saved the sticks to play around and see if the lines were coherent with the results!
According to science, Estrogen levels should increase and peak before LH surge and ovulation. So the Clearblue sticks Estrogen line gets lighter as more estrogen is detected (and gives a HIGH Fertility reading). And the LH line gets dark once the surge is detected (and gives a PEAK Fertility).
My lines look pretty close to the expected results of someone ovulating/producing estrogen normally - estrogen gets lighter, LH gets dark approaching ovulation.

I set my M button to 9 AM, so my testing window is between 6AM - 12 noon everyday with first morning urine. here were my test results.

CD 6 - Low Fertility
CD 7 - Low Fertility
CD 8 - HIGH Fertility 2 bars (estrogen rise is detected)
CD 9 - HIGH Fertility 2 bars
CD 10 - HIGH Fertility 2 bars
CD 11 - HIGH Fertility 2 bars
CD 12 - HIGH Fertility 2 bars
CD 13 - HIGH Fertility 2 bars
CD 14 - HIGH Fertility 2 bars at 6am PLUS POSITIVE OPK at 3pm.
I got REALLY SUSPICIOUS because I was having cramps and tonnes of EWCM and high sex drive the last few days. So I thought I should probably listen to my body and not the monitor. Decided to do a Digital OPK test in the afternoon and see what comes up.
TA TA! HUGE POSITIVE after 2 mins with very diluted mid-afternoon urine!
CD 15 - PEAK FERTILITY 3 bars & Egg at 6am, 13 hours after my Positive OPK! :yipee: :yipee:
Time for MORE :sex:

Attachments

• IMG_5525copy.jpg
    IMG_5525copy.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_5521_copy.jpg
    IMG_5521_copy.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_5528copy.jpg
    IMG_5528copy.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 57
  • Resized sticks.jpg
    Resized sticks.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 194
Thanks so much for your post. I have been very fustrated with all the monitors. I just purchased the digital stick in hopes it would help clarify. For the past 4 months I have been using the digital monitor and everything has been like clock work. Cycles are 25 days, ovulation on time. then this month I have no idea what is going on...still waiting! I wish I have saved the sticks!!

Typical for the past 4 months
CD 6 - 1 bar
CD 7 - 1 bar
CD 8 - 2 bars
CD 9 - 2 bars
CD 10 - 3 bars
CD 11 - 3 bars
CD 12 - 2 bar
CD 13 - 1 bar

This month...well I have no idea what is going. I have been having ovulation pain for a week now (typically its been just 2 days)

CD 6 - 1 bar
CD 7 - 1 bar
CD 8 - 2 bars
CD 9 - 2 bars
CD 10 - 2 bars
CD 11 - 2 bars
CD 12 - 2 bars
CD 13 - 2 bars
CD 14 - waiting for the montior to let me test this morning

Update: CD 14 - 2 bars...will check later this afternoon. Crossing my fingers!!!

CD 15 still 2 bars
However, I did have ovulation pain (very mild during the day) from about CD 10 to CD 13 which fits more in line with my prior cycles and readings from the monitor. All pain stopped on CD 14.

Could it be possible that I didnt pick up the LH surge? I am assuming that if I have ovulation pain, that I'm ovulating. Some of the sites I have researched indicated that not moving from 2 bars to 3 bars could mean I didn't ovulate..now how can I have ovulation pain and not ovulate?

BD on CD 8, 9, 10, 14. My next moon cycle begins on CD25 (its very regular). Wonder what is the earliest I could detect pregnancy? If in fact I just didn't pick up the LH surge but still ovulated on schedule like the prior months.

Just a waiting game now!

And one more thing...I drink lots and lots of water. I read somewhere that this could dilute the results? I drink about 80 oz of water a day, even get up in the middle of the night and drink water too. Is been warm here and I'm always thirsty!

CD16 2 bars
CD16 BBT 98.3 at 5AM

CD17 2 bars
CD17 BBT 98.1 at 6:30 AM

I have not been tracking my BBT on a regular basis, which I had. But I think it typically runs between 97.0-97.7, on average about 97.5 so its elevated a bit (by .6-.9). I have been out in the sun getting the garden ready for planting the past couple of days..so not sure if getting sun all day has affected the readings on this.

Will start Pregnancy Testing on CD 18 - CD 21, as my next moon cycle starts on CD25.

Crossing fingers that I missed the LH surge with the monitors - that is causing it to just continue to read high fertility (2 bars) and no peak fertility (3 bars). I am going with what my body has done over during the cycle. I wish I had trusted my body to get one more BD in between CD11-CD13...darn. Let's just hope the little sperm survived long enough!

I also track my PH balance of my body. Urine, Vagina Fluid and Saliva. During the most of the cycle they have all read in the alkaline area of the test strips. In the Vagina Fluid did during "what I think" was my ovulation, and typically its acidic. There was a couple of days where it was alkaline, the quickly changed back to acid so prehaps it was a friendly enivornment for the sperm even if it was a couple of days and enough made it past to the next level. Plus, the alkaline readings would indicated the boy sperm could survive a bit longer. I think I might be pregnant and it could be a boy - we will see!

CD 17 had a very high temp this afternoon 100.3 took a 2 hour nap and it came in around 98.7 when I got up. Felt very tired. And some cramping started on the left side. Found a cool web site that everyone post their two week wait and what happens day by day after ovulation. Very cool. google twoweekwait and search for the dpo forum

I have very sensative to smells for two days. Even made a friend shampoo his carpet because I could smell the dogs everywhere. I was crabby so he just whipped out the cleaner and did it right away...great friend.

Body Ph balance is around 7.0 via urine test. I see the acupuncturist tomorrow. Stopped taking the chinese medicine herbs.

Funny thing I just remembered. I woke up on CD15 in the middle of the night and it felt like my boobs swelled up (I'm a small C cup,,,they looked like double CC to me) but where normal in the morning. noticed that my tank top looked stretched out. Weird!

CD18 2 bars
BBT 98.2
First Preg Test this morning - BFN
Didnt sleep most of the night. Had slight aching pain on lower left side all night.
Felt sick brushing teeth this morning!

CD19 2 bars (no surprise there)
BBT 98.1 (still elevated - yeah)
2nd Preg Test this morning - BFN
Still feel sick to stomach and very tired, went back to bed for two more hours this morning!

oh dear... maybe you just ovulate later this month due to some reason?

Nope, just had blood test. Hcg is 6 now (CD 20 / 10 DPO)!!! Was zero on CD17. The monitors (and I had three of them!!!) never picked up the LH surge how weird is that. So went with the body pains...and glad I did!!!!! I just felt like ovluation on CD10 and implantation pains on CD17. And of course a ton of body changes in between and since then!!!

I have my next blood test on Monday to see how the hormone levels are progressing. Keeping my fingers crossed. Hoping to hit the baby lotto!!!!

And the monitor still shows 2 bars:)

Had blood work this week. don't have any veins left:)

Monday HCG was less than 1 (8 dpo - CD 18)
Wednesday HCG was 6 (10 dpo - CD20)
Thursday HCG was 10 (11 dpo - CD21)

Looks like doubling every 30-36 hours.

Blood test scheduled for Monday....Yeah!

CD22
12DPO

Faint line on urine test.....YEAH!

Can't believe I won the baby lotto!

Age 44 first month TTC no drugs used just naturally!

Congratulations rmparker!

I got my monitor yesterday but have to wait 18 days before I can start using it. My fiance and I are going to start trying in late July when he gets back from 9 weeks away at work. I'm really impatient about being able to start using my new toy! :happydance:

congrat parker! have a safe and healthy pregnancy!!!!
and good luck manuiti!! hope you get preggers first round as well!
well, i reseted my monitor, and 2 weeks after my miscarriage, it gave me another peak, althought this time I had like 10 low fertility and jumped straight to peak!
more pics of the new sticks here:
https://www.babyandbump.com/trying-to-conceive/359347-am-shocked-doctor-knew-cbfm-missed.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->