Clicking in belly when baby kicks?

Abz1982

Mum to 2 nutters!
Reaction score
Has anyone else had this? What is it? Sometimes baby kicks and its followed by like a click/pop noise. Like bubble wrap. It doesnt hurt, its just VERY weird sounding!

It happens to me alot too....I am stalking to see if anyone else has the same.

Same thing has been happening to me! Wonder what it is...

Yes I've had this a few times, usually when baby kicks my pelvic area. It's so weird!

OK, I googled and it seems its most likely babies joints clicking. But I never had this with DD and she had a suspect hip joint - which turned out to be fine.

So, if it is that then its also more likely to be a girl......................

Soon5kids & jtj1054 do you know what you are having??

Yes I've had this a few times, usually when baby kicks my pelvic area. It's so weird!

The first time I heard it I was sure it was MY pelvis, but the subsequent times its definitely from the actual top of the bump - which is where babies bum is as is got its feet down by its head

I actually mentioned this to the MW that work with my doctor and she had never heard of it. A bit frustrating. I actually told her "Please take a look Google and all of the chat boards there ..." LOL. She suggested that whatever it is is of no harm to the baby and her guess would be the baby pushing against the round ligaments then letting up which produces a popping sound. Much like a snapping rubber band. :shrug:

Mine kinda sounds like a rubber band snapping. I have only heard it maybe 3 or 4 times.

I get the sound. To me it's like a marbles hitting each other click. I'm having a girl. I brought up the sound to my O.B., she didn't say anything but "...a clicking sound huh?" smiled and continued what she was doing. I don't think it's anything to worry about.

OK, I googled and it seems its most likely babies joints clicking. But I never had this with DD and she had a suspect hip joint - which turned out to be fine.

I am having a boy and the same thing happened my last pregnancy and he was a boy.

I am having a boy and the same thing happened my last pregnancy and he was a boy.

Ohh well I will find out in 2 weeks I guess. He he.

We're having a boy! :/ odd haha

its happened to me in both pregnancies! very odd, my midwife had never heard of it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->