clips of amazing, zen like births......do you think they have taken an epi?

butterfly23

Reaction score
So here is the link: https://www.facetofind.com/video?w=MTE0MzMwNTgxMDc0.

At first i was so thrilled to see the clips as they gave me something to aspire to. However, now I am wondering if the ladies are a bit TOO relaxed, and perhaps they have taken an epi or something similar.

Is there a way to tell.....can you tell?

I can't see any epi paraphernalia in the clips but I only watch a min or 2.

No reason why you would need an epi to not be screaming...plus the big scientology ad at the bottom made me think that if they re scientologists the women arent allowed to make noise or somesuch thing.

WOW!
I want a birth like that (minus the clinical surroundings, the squashed husband and the religious bit!)
That is nothing like the births I remember, baby being dragged out and rubbed down with a harsh towel.

It's funny how we women doubt each other like this. just shows how few of us get to see a normal, calm, natural birth with a woman that feels confident, safe and supported. I am honored and deeply privileged to now see them as part of my job and while I couldn't watch the clip above as it wouldn't load, I can assure you women give birth, calmly and happily without a secret epi and any screaming, on a regular basis. I have seen it for myself.

This is my fav ever home natural water birth. I never tire of watching it and it reminds me very much of the last birth I attended. A first time mum who was very nervous and wobbled a lot towards the end of her pregnancy but birthed beautifully just as this woman does. what a wonderful gift to bring your baby 'Earthside' into such a wonderful, calm, environment. I only wish all my own babies had been so lucky.

https://www.everyday-miracle.co.uk/?p=187

I think these are what normal birth should be about! Nothing to be skeptical about from me... excpet some of the doggy 70's facial hair!
I think lots of these were taken at that clinic in France, which has some of the best normal birth rates in the world, and promotes women to go into spontanious labour until 43 or 44 wks - the name of which has totally left me!>? I can't remember which book I read it in, but I'm going to find out.....
XxX

Are you thinking of Pithiviers where Michel Odent did much of his work?

I'm going to meet Michel this summer at a study day :cloud9: I might get him to autograph my birth pool....:coolio:

Ooooh! I think it is! Thank you
Totally jealous you are going to meet him!!>! Let us know all about it will you? Their philosophy is just wonderful for women and their babies.
I still can't find out where is was that I first read about it?? It was something I was looking into when I was pregnant with Bronwyn… That is going to pickle my head for a while, but never mind! ;-)
XxX

The smile on that blonde lady towards the end is just priceless, and the way she is so so overjoyed and grabs her baby and gives it the biggest hug.. love that bit. :cloud9:

That's a beautiful video. . .despite the uh, obvious 70's attire, lol :)

I loved it - and I agree. Why do we women doubt ourselves? Why do we think that what we see in that video isn't possible? Those women are happy, comfortable, even ecstatic. . .I doubt there are any epidurals involved.

Thanks for posting that :)

Gosh - and the woman with the twins - one head down the second breech. . .in the U.S. she would have had to deliver with an epi in the OR, and they would have cut her open to get the second baby out. But look at that - two beautiful babies, healthy, happy, no c-section. . .

I don't think they had medications as they have no IV lines at all, and they aren't hooked up to monitors at all. It is totally possible to have a birth without fear, screaming, chaos, etc. You can give birth calmly. I had a homebirth with ds2 and there was no screaming. It wasn't like this though as I was standing when he was born.

I don't think there was any drugs involved either. The mind and a womans body are wonderful things. When I had Amelie I had no idea what hypnobirthing was but looking back, I pretty much did hypnobirthing on my own. I had a pretty much silent labour and I completely zoned out and concentrated on my contractions building and before I knew it the wave was over. Next baby I think will be even less painful.

I don't think there was any drugs involved either. The mind and a womans body are wonderful things. When I had Amelie I had no idea what hypnobirthing was but looking back, I pretty much did hypnobirthing on my own. I had a pretty much silent labour and I completely zoned out and concentrated on my contractions building and before I knew it the wave was over. Next baby I think will be even less painful.

That sounds perfect :cloud9: Really inspiring. I hope I can experience something similar.

That is totally what happened to me too! Hadn't heard of hypnobirthing either, but now I've read about it - I can see that is what I was doing naturally anyway.
My body was in the room, and my mind was.. well I'm not sure where, but somewhere deep inside me. I was totally in myself and had let go to the experience.

I did use some gas and air, but I wasn't out of it.. and don't think I had those feeling because of the gas. I used gas a air having some stitches done, and certainly DIDN'T have the same effect!
XxX

Wow, it's impressive. I've been an OB nurse for 11 years, and honestly, I don't think I've ever seen anything quite so. . . collected. Loved, loved, loved watching the twin births. Honestly, never get tired of seeing vag twin births.

And you can birth to twins in the US if they are vertex/breech, unfortunately you just have to find the right dr!

Even though those moms wanted a hands off approach, I was really feeling like they would benefit from a soothing warm compress on their bottoms, hahaha. Can't help it, that's the nurse in me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->