Clogged milk ducts already?!

GingerPanda

1DD LTTCRPL + NTNP#2
Reaction score
When I was about 7 weeks pregnant, I noticed a white pocket just under the skin of my nipple. I assumed it was an unfortunately-placed zit and popped it. A little bit of liquid white stuff came out, followed by some blood. It scabbed up, and I thought nothing more of it. A week later, I got out of the shower and realized the thing had popped again and was bleeding. Very weird, I thought!

I put some Neosporin on it, and it healed up. Now it's back again, and I have one on my left nipple now too!

My breasts are sore (I'm on progesterone suppositories), but they're not red or especially hot like they would be of I had an infection. Nothing FEELS wrong, just these spots.

This will be my first baby, but my third pregnancy. At 9 going on 10 weeks, this is the farthest I have ever gotten.

Could these be clogged milk ducts this early? I've never lactated before. I looked up a picture, and it looks a lot like the same thing, only my nipples aren't red and angry-looking.

My doctor wasn't concerned when I told him about it. He didn't even want to have a look.

I may be wrong, but I thought milk ducts ran deep under the skin. I believe there's a layer of fat under the skin, beneath which your milk ducts lie. I don't believe they rise up to the surface of the skin. Also clogged ducts feel more like an aching in your breast deep inside. The skin may go red and you'll get a really hard knot in that part of your breast. I had blocked milk ducts a few months ago and my breast felt warm and achey in the side, the skin there went bright red and feeling it there was an obvious knot deep under the skin.

What does happen in pregnancy, is your glands on your nipples enlarge. Could it be that instead?

I guess it could, I have no idea. All I know is they're right on my nipple, not around it, they never heal, and white stuff and blood comes out.

That sounds like some sort of a skin infection to me.

No those are definitely not clogged milk ducts, you would most likely have near excruciating pain along with a hard lump on your breast and it would be hot to the touch, it would almost be impossible for you to have a clogged duct at this stage (unless maybe you were currently breastfeeding) because most women's milk doesn't even com in until 48 hrs+ after you've given birth...you should probably get it checked out to be on the safe side. Good luck to you

You should call your doctor and have them see you. It KIND OF sounds like an issue I've been dealing with for 2 years and have been hospitalized for twice and surgically drained. It's an abscess for me...not saying that's what yours is. I am diabetic do that pays a big part in it as well for me.
But if you do have an abscess and it doesn't drain completely and the opening closes it can become infected and you definitely don't want that while pregnant. Hope that helps a bit

Sounds like glands of montgomery. They become more pronounced in pregnancy and can become clogged and infected. I'm not a doctor or anything lol but it would be worth looking into- I don't think it's anything serious but it sure sounds uncomfortable for you.

My doctor just kept saying they were normal during pregnancy, wouldn't tell me what they were, and wouldn't look. He said as long as I wasn't in pain, that was the important thing.

It looks like they've finally healed and gone away, whatever they were. But I think I'm going to have a little scar on my left nipple. Which is fine. They're pierced (have been for years, never had a problem), so they'll have a little scaring after I take out the bars anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnneMariena
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->