Clomid ~ 1st Cycle! Advice, please?

Gohan3117

TTC #1 After 2 MC's
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I've been away for quite some time. DH and I just moved back to my home of the Midwest, and we are going to start trying again in September. I want to do my research beforehand on everything, so I can make this as easy as possible. So, with that being said, let me introduce myself and our situation.

I am nearly 24, with PCOS and Hashimoto's Thyroiditis. DH is 32 with no indication of infertility. We have been trying on and off for our whole marriage; we've never used protection at all. We have miscarried twice, with no live births or full-term pregnancies. I've had an egg reserve test done, and it is fine. My Gyno finally prescribed me Clomid, and I take it CD 5-10. I haven't used it before, so I have a few questions about it.

1. What is the opportune time to start BDing with Clomid?
2. Starting what day should I take OPK's using Clomid?
3. When should I start POASing?
4. Are there any harsh side effects?
5. What vitamins do you recommend for both DH and I?
6. Is it better to take the Clomid in the morning or at night?
7. BDing every other day is still standard, right?
8. Will my BBT be different using Clomid?

I hope that's not too many questions.

Thanks in advance!

Hi hun

To answer your questions:

1. What is the opportune time to start BDing with Clomid? - Depends on how long your cycle is? If its a regular 28 or so day cycle then CD10 - CD CD15 is good but try BD every other day outside of those days because Clomid can make you O either early or later.
2. Starting what day should I take OPK's using Clomid? Start OPK from CD9 (or 4 days before you would typically O)
3. When should I start POASing? - Wait until your AF is due, don't torture yourself with squinters before that :)
4. Are there any harsh side effects? Ovulation pain can be quite uncomfortable and I suffer from mild acne, bloating and hot flushes
5. What vitamins do you recommend for both DH and I? I take Vit D3 and folic acid. My husband is on a multivitamin called Staminogro
6. Is it better to take the Clomid in the morning or at night? Doesn't matter. I take it in the morning but I have taken it at night before.
7. BDing every other day is still standard, right? Right
8. Will my BBT be different using Clomid? Not sure about this one, I don't temp

1. What is the opportune time to start BDing with Clomid? After my last pill we BD EOD. I got a positive OPK the day before O so we woul try to BD day before, day of, and day after.
2. Starting what day should I take OPK's using Clomid? I start 2 days after last pill because I heard Clomid can cause OPKs to turn positive.
3. When should I start POASing? Well, that depends on you! I did early testing last cycle and was crushed. This cycle I am waiting until 12dpo
4. Are there any harsh side effects? The first round I had no side effects, it seems to get worse the longer I take it. I get some moderate hot flashes at night and some daytime nausea and headaches for a few days after my last pill.
5. What vitamins do you recommend for both DH and I? oh boy..... I have PCOS and this is what I take: prenatal, folic acid, cal/mag/zinc combo, b complex, omega 3, COQ10, vitamin E, vitamin C, L arginine, royal jelly, red raspberry leaf. My partner takes Maca, Vit C, zinc, vit E, L arginie, COQ10, omega 3, b complex, selenium
6. Is it better to take the Clomid in the morning or at night? I have always taken it at night with two tylonol PM.
7. BDing every other day is still standard, right? Good practice. THat way your man doesn't get tired out and you are sure to hit your fertile window.
8. Will my BBT be different using Clomid? Dunno. I never ovulated before Clomid so my chart looked like a sad Rocky Mountain shit show. Since I started Clomid and I am ovulating I get a nice shift in temps. My post O temps are usually above 98 degrees F.

Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"