Clomid and blood tests

beauty

Reaction score
Hey ladies right well today is cd15 and i did a test last night cd14 and the opk was negitive!!

However i know some ladies dont get positive opks and still ovulate, my day 21 tests is due on xmas eve but im wondering if i should still give these or if i should wait until (if i get a positive on my opk) any help would be much appreciated!!

xxxx

hey hunny as for ur question i would defo go for the test still its defo worth doing and wont harm even if u do fall preg, also i never did understand how a woman could NOT get a pos opk, ok so i know its defo possible to have a quick surge and miss the pos opk but surely if caught at right time everyone who ov's would get one, see coz before u ovulate u release a surge of LH and its the LH surge that triggers ovulation and its the LH surge that makes the opk go pos....so do u think u may have missed the surge huns? or maybe it hasnt happened yet im not really sure how clomid works if honest my advise is being a opk addict is to test twice a day with opk not with FMU but say second urine and maybe early evening if no pos then id defo say do same again next day and so forth as u shouldnt really miss the surge testing this way xxxxx hope this helps xxx

Well clomid is suppose to make you ovulate from 5 to 10 days after you last pill.. Well today it is 9 days since my last pill so i dont think i have missed the LH surge yet!!

And to be honest with my long cylces doing opks isnt the easiest in the past hence why i havent ever seen a positive..

I just dont really wanna go for day21 blood tests if the doctor says "oh you havent ovulated" just for the fact i ovulated a little later the cd21 tests wont pick this up as it has to be 7 days past ovulation for results to show!!

xx

Hey hun!

I just finished my first round of clomid last cycle, and I know how it feels to not know what to expect and when!! (If that makes sense :haha:)

I have to say though, I didn't ovulate until cd20 whilst taking clomid cd2-6.

I also went for my blood test on cd21, which would have made me 1dpo, so not sure if this will show my ovulation or not????

But if you don't ovulate, then from the blood test results, they will be able to increase your dose of clomid - so I would deff go for the bloods just in case.
If you then have a follow up meeting and you did ovulate late, you can mention this at that stage.

I did not feel though like I normally feel after ovulation :shrug: If I was depending on symptoms and not my temps, I would deff think that I hadn't ovulated. Normally I get sore (.)(.)'s from 2dpo onwards, but this didn't start until something like 12dpo???? Not sure why that is, but it certainly caught me off guard, as I wasn't certyain that ff was correct in giving me my ovulation prediction.

I hope I haven't gone on for too long :haha::blush: and I hope that helps!!

I am now on round 2 of clomid, and on cd 6 - taking my last tablet today! I should hopefully ovulate between christmas and new year so fingers crossed and I hope that I will get plenty of bd'ing in too!! :thumbup:

Keep me posted on how things go for you!

xxxxxxxxxxx :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I replied on your post on ltttc, however progesterone is done 7dpo, cd21 is just an average for those ov on cd14 with a 28 cycle.

Clomid pushed my ov date back so I wouldnt worry too much if you havent had a positive yet. XX

Hey hun!

I just finished my first round of clomid last cycle, and I know how it feels to not know what to expect and when!! (If that makes sense :haha:)

I have to say though, I didn't ovulate until cd20 whilst taking clomid cd2-6.

I also went for my blood test on cd21, which would have made me 1dpo, so not sure if this will show my ovulation or not????

But if you don't ovulate, then from the blood test results, they will be able to increase your dose of clomid - so I would deff go for the bloods just in case.
If you then have a follow up meeting and you did ovulate late, you can mention this at that stage.

I did not feel though like I normally feel after ovulation :shrug: If I was depending on symptoms and not my temps, I would deff think that I hadn't ovulated. Normally I get sore (.)(.)'s from 2dpo onwards, but this didn't start until something like 12dpo???? Not sure why that is, but it certainly caught me off guard, as I wasn't certyain that ff was correct in giving me my ovulation prediction.

I hope I haven't gone on for too long :haha::blush: and I hope that helps!!

I am now on round 2 of clomid, and on cd 6 - taking my last tablet today! I should hopefully ovulate between christmas and new year so fingers crossed and I hope that I will get plenty of bd'ing in too!! :thumbup:

Keep me posted on how things go for you!

xxxxxxxxxxx :hugs: xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the advice huni really appreciated, no idea wot is happening inside my body, I mean i been doing the deed every other day from cd8 and was gonna go on till cd21 just to cover all areas..

I tested last night cd14 and negitive, and i am really running out of test sticks. I just hope i get a positive result.
I think im gonna defo go in for the cd21 test and like you said he might have to increase my dosage!!

Can I ask if you had normal EWCM which made you know for sure you were in your fertile period?
I keep checking for this, i had no other symtons on clomid wot so ever, just a few emotional days when taking the pills but apart from that nothing!!

xxxx

Are you able to delay your bloods until the Monday after Christmas - those 4 days might make all the difference to your results - and I'm not sure how different your progesterone levels will be over the course of 4 extra days (which probably won't even be 4 days if you've not OV'd yet).

I've read on here that lots of ladies get slightly delayed ovulation when using Clomid - so I don't think you need to worry.

Hey ladies right well today is cd15 and i did a test last night cd14 and the opk was negitive!!

However i know some ladies dont get positive opks and still ovulate, my day 21 tests is due on xmas eve but im wondering if i should still give these or if i should wait until (if i get a positive on my opk) any help would be much appreciated!!

xxxx

How long are your cycles hun??

Hey Beauty.

I got my positive OPK yesterday on CD11. So clomid actually brought my ovu;lation forward by 2 days. I tested at 2pm and it was very very positive, i tested again at 4pm and 7pm and both were negative so its so so easy to miss your surge. I would suggest testing twice a day. I would go for the bloods hun cause i have read of people on clomid getting there bfp the mnth they never got a positive OPK.
Keep us posted.
xxx

Hey beauty,

I did check for ewcm, as people said that Clomid can dry things up. TMI, but I did feel very wet during the week I ovulated and I did get a small amount of ewcm also.

Hope that helps. How are things today for you?

xxxx

How long are your cycles hun??

Well my cycles are crazy, they range from cd33 to cd65, last cycle was the best being cd33, so i just thought the clomid would help me ovulate early but cd17 yesterday and a negitive opk.. I knew the pills wouldnt work, im startin to feel like its just never gonna happen!
x

Hey beauty,

I did check for ewcm, as people said that Clomid can dry things up. TMI, but I did feel very wet during the week I ovulated and I did get a small amount of ewcm also.

Hope that helps. How are things today for you?

Im feeling rather down today if im honest and its due to not seeing a smiley face on my opk.. i really dont think the 50mg has even got my ovaries into any action..

How are you huni?
xx

Hey hun,

how are things going with the clomid?? Did you ovulate / go for blood test etc.

I think I may ovulate any time now, but not to certain - just hopeing the clomid wil work!!

Let me know how everything goes.

xxxxxx:hugs:

Hey hun just read a bit of the thread...did you get the positive OPK? I hate that wait for the smiley face...it will come its just a case of when im sure?! If only we had a window into our bodies!!! Chin up huni and keep the BDing up, you want the spermies waiting for when ov makes its appearance xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->