Clomid and Clear Blue digital hormone indicator opks

Bumblebeee

Mum to one & having fun!
Reaction score
Hi all, a bit of background, we have been LTTTC since May 2015, no particular reason why we've had no luck, I do have PCOS but I fell pregnant naturally with my daughter in 2012 (although she took 3.5 years ttc) and had a chemical pregnancy unfortunately in February which my doctor says proves sperm/tubes etc are fine. Anyway, I finished my first 5 days of clomid on tuesday and started testing the next morning just to be on the safe side and got the big empty circle displayed, the same for yesterday but today I've got the flashing smiley even though I wouldn't expect to see that for a few days yet. Is this normal please? The test itself looks very pale in comparison to the control line so I'm just wondering if I can trust this result.
Thank you :) I can't attach the picture as it says file too large but the test line is visible, just nowhere near as dark as the control line :shrug:

Flashing sniley indicates an increase in estrogen levels and not LH. I tried those opks not long after stopping bcp and it gave me flashing smiley for many days and then a false peak. I didn't O for like 2 months that cycle though. I think it can be a great thing but it didn't work for me then. I am much more regular now and think they would be more accurate now.

Thank you for your reply, I have had another flashing smiley this morning and when I have taken the test cartridge out, the line is much more visible than yesterday's and a clomid calculator says I should be expected to ovulate between 2nd July and 7th July so maybe it is due to happen, I just wasn't expecting it so soon. I will continue to use my little LH test sticks too, just to be double sure. Thanks again :)

I have the cb monitor but it does the same thing, I'm on the 'high fertility' thing but my lines won't get darker so no LH yet for me... it has been something like 6 days on 'high' fertility >.>
If your lines are getting darker hopefully it's happening though! X

I had a solid smiley face for the first time this morning and when I took the cartridge out, the line is darker but not as dark as the control line. It is baffling me! I don't know whether to believe it or not, although for the best part of £30 it should be trustworthy. I did an internet cheapy about an hour ago but that was no where near positive, the line is quite faint, althoughI've been on a school trip with my daughter all day and have been drinking a lot, maybe that's affected it. Ah who knows, too much effort trying to understand them :dohh::haha: I can't even use it for 2 days now as the solid smiley stays on for 48 hours, I will just test a few times with internet cheapies try and get some idea. Any luck with yours yet? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->