Clomid and Sleeping Issues

faith2015

Reaction score
So I am on my 4th round of clomid 50mg. The first 3 cycles were okay with the normal hot flashes and ovary discomfort.

I am on CD 16, took clomid CD5-CD7. I have been having LH surge's but not the highest yet, so I haven't O'd which is weird because my cycles are usually 28-30 days.

This round I am having all sorts of new symptoms,

-Hot flashes
-Blurry Vision (sometimes)
-Bright Flashing Lights (sometimes)
-bloating
-night terrors
-waking up every hour on the hour
-screaming in my sleep
-don't remember why i wake up
-leg twitches at night
-horrible muscle pain

And of course all of this leads to very sleepy, very bitchy, over edge. :growlmad::coffee::sleep:

I am not sure what my next step should be, so I am reaching out to see if this happens to other females or if I need to seek medical attention

The only sleep issues I had were hot flashes that would wake me up. I think I had some sleep problems with femara too (waking up every couple hours, but I read that can be a sign of low estrogen, which is the mechanism of femara).
Anyway, I was warned that vision problems are a side effect of clomid (rare though).
What dose are you on?
I'd probably go ask the pharmacist or call your doctor. Even if some of it may be normal, I think it's still important for them to know, in case you need to do more rounds.
GL, those sound like some crappy nights.

My doctor told me to call them right away if I had any vision problems at all. Please call your doctor just to make sure everything is alright.

So I am on my 4th round of clomid 50mg. The first 3 cycles were okay with the normal hot flashes and ovary discomfort.

I am on CD 16, took clomid CD5-CD7. I have been having LH surge's but not the highest yet, so I haven't O'd which is weird because my cycles are usually 28-30 days.

-Hot flashes
-bloating
-night terrors
-screaming in my sleep
-leg twitches at night
-horrible muscle pain

And of course all of this leads to very sleepy, very bitchy, over edge. :growlmad::coffee::sleep:

I am not sure what my next step should be, so I am reaching out to see if this happens to other females or if I need to seek medical attention

I would definitely talk with your doctor! I had some insomnia, headaches, irritability, and the blurry vision (very briefly, but it was very scary!)...and I thought I felt horrible on the stuff. You poor thing!

-Hot flashes
-bloating
-night terrors
-screaming in my sleep
-leg twitches at night
-horrible muscle pain

I would definitely talk with your doctor! I had some insomnia, headaches, irritability, and the blurry vision (very briefly, but it was very scary!)...and I thought I felt horrible on the stuff. You poor thing!

So I called earlier this week and talked to the nurse, she told me to bring the concerns up with the doc when I come back in next month. I was caught off guard and just said okay, but as a day went by I thought to myself this isn't right so I called back demanded to speak to my doc and she gave me a rush appointment for today. She is going to run test to see if I O'd, she believes I might have PCOS now because I tested + with OPK's more than 10 times this month without a + LH surge. She also told me she will more than likely up my dose on clomid :cry: I told her we have to discuss this first. I mean if that is the only option I will do it, but I want to hear about other stuff 1st. And then she told me she wants to give me information on the dye test and we are going to schedule it!! So :happydance: that's good news right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->