Clomid Buddies (moved from TTC board)

Belle that's great that the interview went well and that you have options! That's definitely a tough decision to make. I left my job because it was really draining me and we knew I was going to leave anyway once we start a family. I'm working on starting my own online boutique and it's going pretty well so far! Definitely couldn't support myself on that as a single person but I can't not have a way to make money...just too weird for me lol. The fact that you could save a lot on IVF is definitely enticing. I'm sure you'll think it through and do what is best for you!

I havent gained weight on Clomid, just gained it in general. :cry:

I think im actually 2dpo, not 1.

Belle I'm really glad your interview went well, especially after your drama before it (I hope that resolves itself soon enough), credit to you for keeping your cool! I read through your lists of pros and cons. I think for me, I would probably go for the job with the higher pay and better benefits for now, purely for the financial help you would get with fertility treatments (and you did mention that you would hopefully be able to be fairly flexible in terms of going to your appointments). At the stage of life I'm in at the moment, I think that would outweigh the added stress that may come with the new role, and then if I fell pregnant, I would review my situation again after maternity leave. I appreciate that doesn't really help too much as it's not me! What does DH think about it?

Ask, at the moment we're not entirely sure. I'm currently going through tests to see if I'm eligible for egg share IVF. I had blood test 3 weeks ago to test for various things including chromosomal abnormalities, so we're hoping to get those results back in a couple of weeks. DH and I also had to have compulsory counselling (a requirement by the UK fertility treatment regulatory body), which we did this week. If the results come back all clear, it's very possible that we could begin this side of Christmas. Feels strange even thinking about it!

@Belle
Glad to hear your interview went well! :) I had to make a similar decisions jobwise (how many projects to take on starting autumn) and I decided I feel more comfortable with less stress, even if that means less money. It completely depends on what you feel comfortable doing - maybe try and picture what your life will be like in both situations for a few months and see how you feel about those scenarios?

@Ask
I don't think I gained any weight on clomid (but it was only 50mg), but when I took the progesterone for 10 days to break my 89-day-cycle, I definitely felt a lot more hungry and put on some weight. I think changes in hormones just tend to do that to a lot of women - adding insult to injury if you ask me!

AFM: Updates can be read in more detail in the journal I share with steph, but I think I might be leaving this group soon. I tested positive yesterday morning! :) I want to wait for the blood tests next week so I know for certain - should know by the end of next week. I hope it's ok if I stay here until then?
Just in case this is goodbye: You ladies have been such a support to me, I can't even say! I was really worried when I realised there was something wrong and so many girls get bad side effects on clomid. Being able to talk to other women who have been through it made me feel a lot more at ease. Thank you for being there and helping me through this and I wish you all buckets and buckets of baby dust!!!

Congrats Fluffy! I had a feeling this was it for you. Best wishes!

Congrats Fluffy!

Thanks Steph and Fluffy for your feedback! Steph its really funny that you pointed out that I could re-evaluate after a maternity leave because of course I could. I could re-evaluate after a year and if I hate it, there is room for lateral movement there. To be honest I hated my current job for the first year (like HATED it lol), and now I'm feeling reluctant to leave, so I think any job has some level of growing pains associated with it until you get into the swing of things.

It kind of struck me though that I never even considered that I could be taking a mat leave after a year at this new job (if I got it and took it). I actually don't believe I'll ever get pregnant. I feel like I'm just going through the motions with planning for IVF and once its done I'll just proceed with child free living. Its been 20 months and I've never been pregnant.

3 high temps so i think i Od on the day of + opk and trigger, not the next day.

------------
Belle- HUGS HUGS HUGS. Thats a hard reality to get to and accept.

Fluffy, i hope you dont leave.

Thank you Ask, Belle and Earth! :)

@Belle
:hugs: It might feel like going through the motions but the reality is, there is just no knowing what will work until it does! No matter how much you are prepared for something to work or not to work, you just won't know until you get there - and i have everything crossed that you will get there soon!

@Earth
I'd love to stay and keep following your stories (I want to be there for your BFPs too!), but I thought this was supposed to be of a strictly-TTC-only group? Having been in this limbo for long enough myself, I wouldn't want to make it any harder for anyone than it already is. If everyone felt okay with it, I would of course stay and simply keep any pregnancy-related talk (if my blood draw next week confirms it, hoping and praying!) out of here - but I would hate nothing more than making things harder for anyone, so please just let me know how everyone feels! :) In case you'd rather keep this a strictly-TTC-ladies-only group, I can of course always be found in steph's journal still. Rooting for all of you, no matter what you say about me continuing to post here! :)

Fluffy you're right...we moved this thread over to the ltttc board because seeing pregnancy tickers and ultrasound photos of those who already got their bfps was triggering...for me at least. Whenever I see that stuff I think...where would my baby (babies) be in their development if I hadn't miscarried? And it stings. I'm hoping we can join you soon in the pregnancy boards!

Thanks Fluffy. There are certainly many women on this forum who are pregnant after going through infertility who are able to offer kind and sensitive support to those currently going through infertility. There are certainly many of them who support me on my journal and I am so very thankful for them.

The challenge is for women going through infertility, there is a very real chance that they might not be successful. I think it can be difficult for some women who are pregnant to be sensitive to that. We might not be as lucky as you. I've never been pregnant. But I am grieving my children who might never get to exist because there is something wrong with me and nobody can figure out what. The other night I had a horrible nightmare of this dead, deformed child who kept staring at me from the passenger side window of my car. I couldn't get away. I woke up screaming. There are so many difficult, intense and painful emotions associated with infertility. If you can be sensitive to that and avoid offering placating support (it will happen eventually, just keep trying, you never know, it will happen when you least expect it etc.) then by all means stay. We can use all the support we can get.

@Ask
:hugs: no worries, I understand completely. I don't mind just reading here, lurking and waiting my time to jump out and shout congratulations for you when it's time! :)

@Belle
You are very right, I found the uncertainty the worst part as well. You can't come to terms with things either way or patiently wait for a certain time - you just don't know what is going to happen (next or ever). I think as long as there is anyone here who feels more comfortable with keeping it currently-TTC-only, I want to respect that :) and I would hate to say something insensitive later on simply by being out of touch... I will "lurk" for now and maybe if there is a question I see pop up that I could offer some insight to, or if I want to reach out to any of you, I will do so via private message. :)

In any case, anyone can find me and steph in our shared journal! :hugs: Big hugs to all of you again, I continue to think of you and hope for you! I will always be really grateful to you for making this difficult time a little easier!

Fluffy - I don't mind if you pop in if you don't mind being a little extra sensitive! :) I know when I got my bfps all the pain of TTC disappeared and was easy to forget! Well, not after the third bfp...I was on pins and needles. Please don't think you are banned from this thread!

I do have this fear that I will be the last person on this board still trying LOL.

I do have this fear that I will be the last person on this board still trying LOL.

i will be the last. Im always the last. 10yrs of this and threads/people/groups come and go and im left there. Even THIS group- this is my last Clomid cycle and then nothing. Theres no plan B or C.

Welcome Bean. Despite the name of the thread, other than Earth I don't think there is anyone left here taking clomid or femara lol. (I could be wrong though!?). The good news is that we've seen lots of success for many ladies on this thread. Some of us have moved on to IUI/IVF or are waiting to start. Is this your first clomid cycle?

I'm sorry Earth, its a tough realization to know that you don't have a plan for further intervention. I totally respect your decision though, and if I were in your shoes I would be doing the same thing!

I'm keeping my FX but so far there doesn't seem to be any spotting today! Hopefully I've seen the last of it! I've only had 8 days this month where I wasn't spotting or on AF. I'm over it lol

Thanks Belle, good to know. I'll try to find a more Clomid-active thread. I'm not new to Clomid - I have two babies from many many rounds. I had a failed round back in March and held off until today.

Fair enough. You're welcome to stay, we've all taken these medications and can certainly relate to the SE and such.

You can stay! I took a break from Clomid and still stayed :)

If i can get more Clomid, i MAY do another cycle but i dont know at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->