Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I can never seem to stay away for long 2much lol. Your TWW must be coming to an end soon ??

Glad you're back, how are you doing?

Thanks 2much. It just sucks. We thought we'd have a baby by Christmas. At this rate I probably won't be pregnant at Christmas. I just hope it happens soon. Thanks.

I hope it happens soon for you, too. I was hoping to announce at Christmas but of course I know how long this journey has been and can be...

2 much have you tested again?

Hey Sarah- thanks for checking in on me :) Yup, CD27, BFN. It's not over I guess. But not feeling great about it.

I'm CD 6 today. My doctor said to consider CD 10-20 as fertile. I'm taking Clomid on CD 3-7. When did you ladies take Clomid and when did you O?

I did Clomid CD3-7, scan at CD12 for follies, did the trigger that evening. I ovulated CD13-14 is my guess. OPKs showed + but of course because of trigger. Are you doing a trigger or going to O on your own?

I have caved and tested this morning and now feeling so upset because surprise surprise it's :bfn:

why oh why did I do it!!!

Nita- I think from what I've read the reason people take the clomid at different times depends on the egg quality for example, if you take it 2-6 or 3-7 it gives you more follicles, but not as high quality. if you take it days 5-9 it will give you less follicles, but higher quality.
So, you may have a slightly higher chance of getting pregnant if you take it days 2-6 or 3-7 but from what I've read you're also a higher chance of miscarriage since the egg may not be high quality. xx

So sorry for the BFN :hugs:

Thank you for sharing. When I went for my check up before I started Clomid my gynae told me I have 'nice eggs' lol so whatever that is supposed to mean. hope i respond to the 100mg Clomid this cycle. DH has his birthday in January and it would be awesome to him a BFP on his bday :blush: but not getting my hopes up too much.

were you taking 50mg before then?
what days have you been told to take it? I may try and mix it up a little if next cycle I don't get my bfp.

aww that's a sweet idea I hope that works for you :dust:

I need to keep positive as right now I'm feeling so upset :cry: I need to think it means I'll be slightly thinner on my wedding day and on the beach in April as we get married abroad xx

Sorry for the BNF, but wasn't it a bit early to test? You are not out until AF, right? :)

I had to change the day for Clomid this month for the simple reason I didn't bring them with me to Myanmar, haha:) So day 3-7 for me this cycle. Talked with my Dr, said it didn't matter if 2-6 or 3-7 ..

Aww.. That would make for a beautiful bday gift ;) My hubbys bday is in beg of December, but doubt I will be able to give it as a gift by then :(

Though WHEN I get my BNP I WANT to make it a fun surprise for him, but have been holding back on ideas for this because of the stress of it. But maybe it will be a nice thing to prepare anyway? Any suggestions? I have already seen a few ideas online but cannot make up my mind...

Oh.. And I got my FSH test back - all normal, 8.3 level. So phew!!:D

I have caved and tested this morning and now feeling so upset because surprise surprise it's :bfn:

Nita- I think from what I've read the reason people take the clomid at different times depends on the egg quality for example, if you take it 2-6 or 3-7 it gives you more follicles, but not as high quality. if you take it days 5-9 it will give you less follicles, but higher quality.
So, you may have a slightly higher chance of getting pregnant if you take it days 2-6 or 3-7 but from what I've read you're also a higher chance of miscarriage since the egg may not be high quality. xx

Thank you for sharing. When I went for my check up before I started Clomid my gynae told me I have 'nice eggs' lol so whatever that is supposed to mean. hope i respond to the 100mg Clomid this cycle. DH has his birthday in January and it would be awesome to him a BFP on his bday :blush: but not getting my hopes up too much.

what days have you been told to take it? I may try and mix it up a little if next cycle I don't get my bfp.

I need to keep positive as right now I'm feeling so upset :cry: I need to think it means I'll be slightly thinner on my wedding day and on the beach in April as we get married abroad xx

Sorry for the BNF, but wasn't it a bit early to test? You are not out until AF, right? :)

I had to change the day for Clomid this month for the simple reason I didn't bring them with me to Myanmar, haha:) So day 3-7 for me this cycle. Talked with my Dr, said it didn't matter if 2-6 or 3-7 ..

Aww.. That would make for a beautiful bday gift ;) My hubbys bday is in beg of December, but doubt I will be able to give it as a gift by then :(

Though WHEN I get my BNP I WANT to make it a fun surprise for him, but have been holding back on ideas for this because of the stress of it. But maybe it will be a nice thing to prepare anyway? Any suggestions? I have already seen a few ideas online but cannot make up my mind...

Norelisa, December is still a month away so you could very well have the BFP by then :hugs:

I have been thinking about ways to surprise DH if i ever get the BFP. My suggestion is to go out and buy a pair of shoes and outfit for the baby along with a mug that says 'worlds best dad' and put that in a box along with the test showing the BFP and give it to him. DH would absolutely adore that. :haha: if i think of any other ways i will share it.

Well officially CD 1 today.... on to cycle 15 :/ AF due Nov 27. This is my last cycle to complete 1 year of TTC #1. Good God I hope it doesn't take another year. I had an angry week all leading up to AF, but I just feel numb now and I'm thankful for that. I really truly believed I would already have a baby by now. Now I wonder if I will EVER have a baby. If all the ingredients are there to make it happen and it still doesn't happen why should it ever happen?

Well officially CD 1 today.... on to cycle 15 :/ AF due Nov 27. This is my last cycle to complete 1 year of TTC #1. Good God I hope it doesn't take another year. I had an angry week all leading up to AF, but I just feel numb now and I'm thankful for that. I really truly believed I would already have a baby by now. Now I wonder if I will EVER have a baby. If all the ingredients are there to make it happen and it still doesn't happen why should it ever happen?

So sorry about AF showing. 15 cycles is a lot for 1 year? do you have very short cycles?

yup you're right, it's quite early to test. I'm definitely not going to test now until AF is at least 2 days late.
I have decided to make a promise to myself, next cycle I am not going to obsess over SS and I may even keep off here just to have a more laid back and chilled cycle rather than so much obsessing because it's not doing me much good at all. xx

Nita I do have short cycles, but one of them was only 17 days long and was anovulatory so it essentially gave me an extra cycle this year. So I'm on my 14th cycle where I'll actually ovulate but 15th cycle counting all the cycles that I actually tried for this past year. Short cycles blow, it's like super speed infertility

Nita I do have short cycles, but one of them was only 17 days long and was anovulatory so it essentially gave me an extra cycle this year. So I'm on my 14th cycle where I'll actually ovulate but 15th cycle counting all the cycles that I actually tried for this past year. Short cycles blow, it's like super speed infertility

Oh wow, what a bummer, especially the super short cycle. I had some of those and they are horrible. I hope things change for you and you get your BFP. :hugs:

I know, I've had 'implantation dips' on cycles that have ended up as a BFN. I've had a triphasic chart on a BFN cycle. I don't even know if my charts are accurate because they haven't lined up with progesterone blood tests.

But! If this dip is an implantation one, you'll be able to test in the next 48 hours. I know it feels like AGES away!

I'm CD 6 today. My doctor said to consider CD 10-20 as fertile. I'm taking Clomid on CD 3-7. When did you ladies take Clomid and when did you O?

Hi Sarah - I took Clomid on CD8-12, trigger shot on CD 18 because I do not O on my own and had IUI on CD20. My OPKs said peak fertility (blinky smiley) between CD15-19 and I had High Fertility (solid smiley) on CD20. Hope this helps. I would also start with the OPKs to keep track.

Just an update... realised my test was 2 years out of date... does that affect the result.
I'm clutching at straws I know and I don't mean to sound thick but any help and advice would be fab thank you ladies xx

We decided to try to do the SA anyway this morning and get it over with. We tried at home before work. Woke up early. DH's appt. was at 7:30am and I have to leave the house at 6:45am. Tried for 30 mins and he couldn't do it. He just can't perform under pressure. I was so upset all day. I don't know how we will ever get the SA done. I'm feeling more and more like it's him that is causing it to take this long and feeling very angry. We already only BD eod bc it's hard for him to perform more often than that. This cycle I'm waiting until I get a +opk and then we will bd 2 days in a row. It seems like he doesn't "deposit" as much when we go eod for 10+ days...like the supply has been depleted by the time I O. I am feeling so upset today.

We decided to try to do the SA anyway this morning and get it over with. We tried at home before work. Woke up early. DH's appt. was at 7:30am and I have to leave the house at 6:45am. Tried for 30 mins and he couldn't do it. He just can't perform under pressure. I was so upset all day. I don't know how we will ever get the SA done. I'm feeling more and more like it's him that is causing it to take this long and feeling very angry. We already only BD eod bc it's hard for him to perform more often than that. This cycle I'm waiting until I get a +opk and then we will bd 2 days in a row. It seems like he doesn't "deposit" as much when we go eod for 10+ days...like the supply has been depleted by the time I O. I am feeling so upset today.

Oh, I'm sorry. I totally feel your pain. I get the lack of performance when he knows it is "time." The SA was a struggle for us too. I really had to turn things up, lol. We did ours at...5:30am so he could drop it off before work. It was difficult to say the least. I don't know what advice I can offer, but I just feel for you. Hugs.

So I've been mia from this thread for a long time (since page 2 maybe? Lol), and had a question for you guys:

I'm on my second cycle of clomid. My Dr upped my dosage to 100 MG this month days 3-7. I haven't had a positive opk yet, but my goodness the cramping is getting bad tonight! And it mixes with a bloating feeling and feels worse when I need to pass gas or use the bathroom. Has anyone else felt this? I've never had cramping before o like this before. I believe I'm on cd14

Babydust - I would definitely re test with a test that have not expired, i have heard that expired tests can be inaccurate.

ASk - I am sorry that DH cant perform to get the SA done :nope: if I look at my DH and see how he struggles to perform and how frustrated i get - I can totally understand your frustration.

I am on my last day of Provera (taking my last pill before bed in a few hours) and its also DH last day of alcohol so he is going to be grumpy again :haha::haha: I am also seeing some light spotting hope this mean AF will show earlier than the 5 days it took last month.

Also wanted to ask - what time of day do you ladies take your Clomid?

2 much, awww I'm sorry about the BFN. I really hope it's just too early. Sorry but I've forgotten if you're temping or know when you ovulated? If so, how many DPO are you today?

Belle, I'm sorry :( bloody AF. Doesn't she know she's not wanted?! I think if I was in your shoes I would be so wanting to start femara. I would just want to do whatever I could. You're being very considered and reasonable. It would be so easy to throw all reason and common sense out the window. This is my 9th cycle in 12 months.

Baby dust, that's showing a lot of restraint not testing until you're 2 days late haha. Based on your charts it should be pretty obvious whether AF is on its way of not. If your temps drop, you'll know AF is on its way. Let's just hope it stays nice and high. I wouldn't trust a HPT 2 years past its expiry.

TTCfirst, thank you for answering. Haha I think my question might have gotten lost in all of the other posts. I'm taking Clomid CD3-7 so hopefully it should be earlier in my cycle. I'm not being monitored and not getting a trigger injection. Good luck, I hope you get your sticky BFP soon.

Ask, I'm sorry that you had trouble with your DH's SA. Maybe it was that early morning? Is there anything he can take or do? I know Maca Root is meant to be good for libido. I seem to have the opposite problem with my DH, he'd go twice, three times a day if I was up for it!

Mod, welcome back. You're doing the same dose and days of Clomid as me. I'm only on CD7 today though. I can't help you, I've never had that before. Hopefully you're about to O!

Nita, I really hope AF isn't far away! Haha poor DH! I just ask my DH to not drink too much. His SA is fine but we are spending so much on fertility treatment, let's not compromise it. Spotting is a good sign! I always take my Clomid with dinner, about 7pm.

AFM, my last Clomid tablets done and dusted! I'm feeling pretty lucky about the lack of side effects. I'll start temping from tomorrow morning and OPKs on Monday probably. I just hope I ovulate!

Mod, I always get bloated and gassy around O time on Clomid, its one of the classic side effects. I hope it fades soon!

Nita, most cycles I take my Clomid in the evenings when I get home from work since that is the only consistent time I know I will be able to take it. In the mornings I am too rushed to get ready for work so afraid I would forget or skip days unintentionally.

I caved and took a ic at 9dpo this morning and got the expected bfn. Not surprising since its a 20miu so I know I was being unrealistic. I was hoping that the throbbing pains I had at 6dpo was implantation related but it probably wasnt. Had a temp dip yesterday and its back up high today but I get this often in my cycles so not reading too much into it this time. Going to try hold out on testing again until AF due (if I can restrain myself!)

Sarah - my agreement with DH is he can have the alcohol he wants while im on provera, but when that stops no alcohol for the rest of the time. luckily non alcoholic drinks doesn't taste too bad (his words) :haha: we are also spending a lot on fertility drugs so i feel we need to do all we can to up our chances.

I dont know if I have shared this before but the Gynae suggested the following to up our chances (maybe this helps):
- Both man/women need to cut on alcohol, smoking and eat healthy
- Man - should not wear tight underpants and should not cycle

Glad to see im not the only one taking Clomid in the evening - but I take it in the evening so I can have the side effect while sleeping (hopefully) last cycle I didnt get any side effects apart from some headaches (could also have been other factors and not Clomid) during the day.

Baby dust, that's showing a lot of restraint not testing until you're 2 days late haha. Based on your charts it should be pretty obvious whether AF is on its way of not. If your temps drop, you'll know AF is on its way. Let's just hope it stays nice and high. I wouldn't trust a HPT 2 years past its expiry.
How soon before af would my temp go down? It went up this morning quite a bit. I am just trying to hold back because it really upsets me seeing bfn... at least taking a test that late I'll know a lot more for sure rather than thinking is it a false bfn x

Babydust - I would definitely re test with a test that have not expired, i have heard that expired tests can be inaccurate.

I did think they have an expiry for a reason buy then thought well it hasn't been opened so maybe it's OK... I'm clutching to the fact I tested 'too early' and the test was out of date. I hate this waiting Game so much x

Ask - I'm so sorry for your husbands problems it must be so frustrating for you both. Maybe ask about so performance gel see if that helps... keep O a secret from him too so he doesn't feel the pressure.

Aphy- sorry about the BFN... it's too soon though so yes definitely hold off now and if :witch: doesn't show her ugly face then test. :dust:

Belle- urghh she's a horrible :witch: here's to a positive next cycle. Try and keep positive x

2much- sorry you got a :bfn: seems a few of us caved. When is your af due? I'm hoping you say you be tested too early and you're still in with a high chance...but saying that, you're not out until AF so I'm keeping everything crossed for you x

So I've been mia from this thread for a long time (since page 2 maybe? Lol), and had a question for you guys:

I'm on my second cycle of clomid. My Dr upped my dosage to 100 MG this month days 3-7. I haven't had a positive opk yet, but my goodness the cramping is getting bad tonight! And it mixes with a bloating feeling and feels worse when I need to pass gas or use the bathroom. Has anyone else felt this? I've never had cramping before o like this before. I believe I'm on cd14

Yup those were totally normal symptoms for me! Just did my first Clomid cycle.

Also wanted to ask - what time of day do you ladies take your Clomid?

When the pharmacist handed me the prescription she suggested taking it at night to help reduce any symptoms I could notice. I think it helped? I didn't have hot flashes, except maybe the night sweats twice.

2 much, awww I'm sorry about the BFN. I really hope it's just too early. Sorry but I've forgotten if you're temping or know when you ovulated? If so, how many DPO are you today?

Sarah- I did a Clomid round, scan a CD12 showed 3 mature follies, and Ovidrel trigger CD12 evening. So I am pretty darn sure I O'd! :)

I'm CD28, probably 15dpo. I didn't test this morning...AF-like cramps so I figure I'm just going to wait. Feeling a bit defeated this morning.

2much- sorry you got a :bfn: seems a few of us caved. When is your af due? I'm hoping you say you be tested too early and you're still in with a high chance...but saying that, you're not out until AF so I'm keeping everything crossed for you x

AF is due today, CD28. Blah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->