Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I think I have a stiff neck from clomid. The back of my neck and between my shoulder blades, like the upper half of my trapezius... I'm going to phone my doc, I can't find if this is an adverse reaction or just something "fun" to deal with.

No fun, Weebles. Hope it doesn't last!

I've noticed my pre-o temps are much higher than ever before...97.3-97.5 when they are usually below 97.2.

Weebles, hope your stiff neck goes away soon!
Sarah-Maybe I should ask the clinic about aspirin? When did your doctor to tell you to take aspirin, eg, from which day to which day to be effective? thank you!
What supplement are you all taking? I am taking prenatal vitamin and CoQ(the clinic told me that would be the most important supplement if I am going to take something extra).
I really want this bfp to stick! Baby dust to everyone on this clomid cycle!
Yup I think emotional and moody are pretty typical Clomid symptoms.

I think I have a thin lining. My ultrasound a few cycles showed it was 4.7mm at CD30. It should have been at least 8mm. The doctor didn't mention it. I've been taking aspirin and trying to keep active. I'm not sure there's much more we can do. But it does mean if you get a BFP it might not stick.

Weebles, I hope that passes for you! Have you got a wheat bag and your other half on call to be giving you a massage. It's only fair! :p

Joy, I've noticed the same thing. My temps usually hover about the 35.8-36.0 but mostly they've been around 36.1-36.20.

Rawan, my doctor prescribed the aspirin when I got the BFP. Because I have lupus and had problems with my platelets the OB/GYN at the hospital said it was best I took it to 'sweep up' any antibodies hanging around. I don't have anti-phosolipid syndrome but he thought it was just better to be safe than sorry. I am assuming you can take it all throughout the month if they told me to take it until 12 weeks pregnant.

I'm also taking coQ10, folic acid, pregnancy multivitamin and metformin. I've also been taking evening primrose oil the past few days. I couldn't find anything to say you couldn't take it with Clomid so I decided to try.

I've heard that ovulating on Clomid can be quite painful but I've had no pain.

CD18 today and have to do the progesterone blood test on CD22 (21 is Sunday). I wonder if I ovulate today or tomorrow if it'd show anything.

Ask, my pre-O temps are higher too! I wasn't sure what was going on, I'm glad you mentioned that.

Congrats Rawan!

Sarah.. Painful ovulation?? I have hear people talking about it but didn't realize it was a clomid thing, I thought it was just heir normal. Yikes!

My stiff neck is better today.. First two days We're the worst. I'd wake up and be fine, after the pill it would be awful but would go away later on in the day. Today, third pill I noticed it but it wasn't nearly as bad. I still think next cycle (if there even is one) I'll take them at night so I can just sleep through it. Dr said they haven't heard of it before but that it was certainly possible as people react differently. I was told as long as it doesn't get worse I can continue. I'll do pretty much anything for a baby.

Rawan - did you get a bfp?

I'm feeling pre-o cramping which is typical for me at cd9. Took my last pill yesterday morning. Otherwise feeling good!

Sarah-thanks for the info! I asked the clinic about aspirin today, and they told me today my lining is getting thicker, and they don't think aspirin will help that much in my case. I prob will stop EPO tomorrow because I read it should be taken until ovulation, the clinic will give me trigger shot, and they told me I should expect to ovulate in the next 36 hours after the shot. I bought raspberry tea today, because I read it might help will thickening the uterus lining? (I read it should be red leaf raspberry, but I couldn't find it in grocery stores). Have you heard about raspberry tea? Does your clinic monitor you and tell you how many mature follicle you have?

Btw, everyone, I don't have bfp yet, I meant if I get BFP this cycle, I really want it to stick.

Weebles-glad to hear that your stiff neck is getting better! Hope you won't experience more side effects!

Ask-glad to hear that you haven't experienced much side effect!

Exciting Joy, hope it's a nice ripe egg

Rawan, that sounds promising. I know it definitely has to be raspberry leaf not raspberry tea. I'm sure it'll taste nice though. No monitoring at the moment except for the CD21 blood test. We weren't offered a monitored cycle and he was confident we'd pregnant within the 3 months.

CD19 today and I'm feeling fed up. No pains or anything to suggest I'm going to O. My CM is creamy/watery and my temp hasn't risen. My OPK was slightly darker yesterday but nothing else really points to Oing. I've almost resigned to the fact I'm not going to O before my blood test on Monday, if at all this cycle. So F---ing over it!

Sarah-have you considered a trigger shot? Did your doctor offer that? Maybe that way you will know for sure ovulation is going to happen?

Exciting Joy, hope it's a nice ripe egg

Rawan, that sounds promising. I know it definitely has to be raspberry leaf not raspberry tea. I'm sure it'll taste nice though. No monitoring at the moment except for the CD21 blood test. We weren't offered a monitored cycle and he was confident we'd pregnant within the 3 months.

CD19 today and I'm feeling fed up. No pains or anything to suggest I'm going to O. My CM is creamy/watery and my temp hasn't risen. My OPK was slightly darker yesterday but nothing else really points to Oing. I've almost resigned to the fact I'm not going to O before my blood test on Monday, if at all this cycle. So F---ing over it!

Nope he didn't offer me a trigger shot. He was really hopeful that I'd ovulate around CD14 and I'd have a 28 day cycle and get a BFP in the next 3 months. I'll do the blood test on Monday and I'll ring up on Tuesday to see what the results are. I'll ask about a trigger shot and if there's anything they can do to 'save' this cycle.

Yesterday my OPK wasn't positive but it was pretty dark. Today it was fainter than it has been before. I'm only testing once ever 24 hours so it's possible I missed a short surge. I haven't felt any ovulation pain or anything. I guess I'll wait and see what my temp does in the morning and just keep BDing

Hey ladies,

Well after so many years of trying and just having no luck, we seeked help

Our consultant has been amazing.

To cut a long story short after lots of tests, OH :spermy: is good, i however have PCOS and felt devastated to be told that :cry:
I read up a lot about it and just felt that id never get the baby we longed for.

Anyway, last week i was prescribed 100mg Clomiphene, to be taken on CD2-CD6. I have never wanted the :witch: to come so desperately! The :witch: is due around 11th October, but my cycles are irregular so who knows when she will actually show up

I'm just looking for support as its all so new to me.

:dust:

I don't have pcos but I felt the exact same way waiting for AF. It was a different feeling than I've been used to, looking forward to it. It's making the wait to O a bit more bearable too. One more day of clomid and then I count down to an u/s and trigger. I hope you don't have to wait too much longer.

Oh you found the thread I suggested :)

I already knew I had PCOS but I didn't think it was the cause of our infertility (based on my charts, I was ovulating). But I can understand how it would be a complete shock if you weren't expecting it. I hope you don't mind me saying, but by the look of your photo, it doesn't look like you suffer from weight related PCOS problems. I'm in the same boat. For those who are overweight, losing a little bit of weight can bring on ovulation, but if you're not overweight, losing weight isn't going to help.

I guess I'm kind of grateful they found PCOS to be the cause. It's something they can work with and generally have quite good success treating. For those who are diagnosed with unexplained infertility, these treatments don't generally have a lot of success. Where as ovulation induction for PCOS has good odds.

But I'm on CD 20 with still low temps. I'm guessing the doctor is going to decide it'll be 100mg next cycle. Blah :(

Happy Friday! Welcome babydust!

I caved and got a half caffeine pumpkin spice latte after work today. Hope it doesn't mess anything up! I'm too paranoid.

Sarah - maybe you can request to have a monitored cycle? My doctor monitors so you don't end up with high order multiples - if you have more than 2-3 mature follicles they tell you to skip the cycle!

I've been having intense hot flashes today. Not fun but makes me think the clomid is working.

If you're caving is getting one half caff that's soooo good! Mm, who can resist pumpkin spice? I'm still struggling giving up coffee.. It's tough!

Hope this is our month, the side effects are not among my favorite things!

Ask, I'm not sure if monitored cycles are their first point of call. I know they do them but they're expensive. Plus it would be a pain with work. But one ultrasound to know if a follicle is growing would be nice.

I've heard good things about femara too. If after 3 months we don't have any luck I'll be asking to try that I think.

I'm sorry you guys have been having bad side effects. Hopefully that means it's doing the job.

Haha one coffee is your vice!? One coffee a day is a good day for me!

Sarah - I understand. It is difficult to schedule the appointments with work. I got lucky this cycle and my next one is on Monday when school is closed. (Yay 3 day weekend!)

I gave up coffee last Spring and went through hell for a week or so but now I don't notice a difference...if anything I feel more awake without it because I don't start feeling like I'm crashing mid day. I still drink decaf every morning. Everything I've read says 1 cup a day is fine.

My dr is doing just one ultrasound mid cycle to monitor follicle development. I'm so relieved about this, it's much cheaper with my insurance than 21 day blood labs. Sarah, What cd do you normally ovulate? I've read some ladies saying it makes them O late so maybe that's what's going on. Or maybe the clomid is just messing with your bbt?

That's worked out well Joy. I'm a teacher too and it's a bit tricky to just get a few hours off for appointments, especially when you don't really want to go into detail about what it's for! That's a good effort with the coffee too. I probably could cut it out completely but I'm not sure if 1-2 a day is really that bad. I've read that under 6 a day is fine, so we are well under!

Weebles, that's interesting. Where I live, no on really has healthcare insurance. It's only really needed if you want to claim part back for dental and optical appointments or if you want to jump the public waiting list, which isn't usually that bad anyway. But insurance here doesn't cover fertility treatments. But blood tests are generally free so they go with that option first. I know a full monitored cycle costs about $300-$400, whereas unmonitored is free (aside from the cost of the appointment).

In terms of the CD I ovulate, I'm not sure that I ovulate at all. I've had 3 progesterone blood tests late in my cycle and all three have shown no ovulation. My ovaries are full with cysts and the FS said that indicates a dominant follicle isn't growing and killing off the little cysts. But on my chart, I do get a temp rise, last cycle was CD27 and before that was 22-25. My FS said that my temp chart wouldn't be accurate and his blood tests and ultrasounds are. So I don't know...

I have don't a bit of Googling and found a site that said if you don't O within 5-10 days of your last pill you haven't responded to it the way you should have and a higher dose is recommended.

Blood test tomorrow and hopefully I'll know what's going on on Tuesday.

Welcome babydust!

Ask-wow it's amazing that you cut out coffee, I have one cup per day, but I think I will stop it completely once I get my bfp.

Weebles- it's good that your insurance covers some of the costs, my insurance covers only prescription, but here blood test/ultrasound is free unless for specific things like AMH

Sarah-hope you will ovulate/ovulated this cycle! I guess the blood test will give you a better answer to what's going on.

I had the trigger shot yesterday morning, and was told to bd last night and tonight. Me and DH bd 4 times so far in 2 days, I was hoping that the greater the quantity of sperms waiting there, the higher the chance of pregnancy, also used preseed and soft cup. My uterus lining is around 0.7, I was worried that's on the low side, but the clinic told me that's still ok. What do you think? Do you know the measurement of your uterus lining? I feel some ovulation pain today, really hoping this cycle will be our cycle! Baby dust to everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->