• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I hope so too but I'm slowly losing hope. It feels like if it was going to happen it would have by now. I'm expecting to be told I haven't ovulated and next cycle I'll be going up to 100mg. I just hope I don't have to take provera again.

FX for you Rawan. Hopefully the more swimmers the better.

Sarah, That's just.not true. Even if you don't end up ovulating this cycle you're not out of options. It's still way too early to be loosing hope.

I'm not sure what my body is doing because of clomid. My temperatures seem really volatile so far and it makes it though to tell... BUT I feel like I just entered my fertile window and I had a huge spike that was taken only 45 minutes later than usual. i hope I didn't O already..

I know it's hard to keep hope alive, Sarah, but we are all going to get our bfps...hopefully on clomid!

Rawan - I've wondered if more is better too but DH's doc told him every other day which is a relief because any more than that and we both start feeling kinda depleted! So far we've been sticking to eod this cycle.

Weebles - my temps have been very different this cycle (higher than ever before pre-o) but have kinda stabilized the last few days...looks like they are slowly dipping. I've read clomid can dry up cm but I'm having more watery can than I've noticed before. Hope it's a good sign!

Sarah-please don't lose hope, I know it can be depressing cycle after cycle keep getting bfn, but I am sure with the doctor's help, they can figure out a plan that works for you!

Ask-glad to hear that you have more watery cm, hope that's a good sign for you! I didn't pay too much attention to my cm, but I still used preseed.

Weebles-i haven't been temping because I used to temp orally, but I found it wasn't very accurate for me so I stopped...hope you manage to bd during your fertile window!

Thanks ladies. I just meant losing hope for this cycle. I know that we will get there but I had hoped we'd be one of the lucky ones with a BFP on our first Clomid cycle. I just mean I'm losing hope that I'll ovulate this cycle. Plus my skin has broken out and I just feel terrible.

Weebles, that looks like a decent rise, if it stays up then I'd say you did O.

I'm going to get my blood test soon and results tomorrow and hopefully advice from the doctor.

Keep us posted, Sarah! I'm breaking out too. Ugh. My ultrasound is tomorrow afternoon...anxious to find out how I've responded.

That's exactly what I'm worried about Sarah. We BD but it was after I saw the temp so it might have been too late. I really hope it was just a wonky temp otherwise I won't have much hope for this cycle either.. It's the only time we dtd. I hope you hear something encouraging from your doc and I hope both are charts are just a little off looking from the clomid.

Ask, can't wait to here how your appt goes! Mines on Thursday and I'm anxious about it too. Anxious and excited. And a little worried now but still, I hope you have at least one big ol follicle!

Thanks Weebles! Same for you! Just did another opk before bed and it's almost positive. 12dpo and been testing since 9dpo...definitely darkest tonight. 2-3 days earlier than normal...hopefully the egg(s) doesn't release before my ultrasound! I hope it was a wonky temp for you! If not, you still may have just caught it in time!

Was just thinking about the ultrasound later today and realized that the gel they use may not be sperm friendly! I'm going to bring some preseed and ask them to use that instead.

Just bought some more pressed, definitely don't have enough left to bring for my ultrasound on Thursday. How did they react to you bringing and requesting it to be used?

I also bought some generic mucinex, pills that only have Guaifenesin as the active ingredient. It's supposed to help thin mucus.

Hi everyone!

This is my first cycle of on clomid. I was a tad disappointed with my ob/gyn as we waited 6 months for an appointment, and he basically just gave me an rx for clomid and said to come back in a few months if things don't work out... I ovulate on my own and I suppose it is supposed to help increase the number of eggs that get released. The reason we might not have been able to conceive prior to is because we were dealing with quite a bit of stress... which of course can cause your system to shut right down. I took clomid days 4-8. 100mg. We also use preseed. :)

The only major side effect I experienced was I was extremely dizzy the day before ovulation. The world was spinning! And this days after I had taken the last pill.

I just ovulated yesterday/today so we shall see! I am still feeling hopeful that everything works out. :happydance:

Welcome fluff! Yay for ovulation! Hope you get your bfp! What cd are you on?

Just got back from my cd13 ultrasound. Doc said I probably won't ovulate until Thursday or Friday of this week, which is late for me. I had 1 15mm follicle on my left ovary which she said I should ovulate and 1 9mm on my right which I might ovulate. I feel a little disappointed as last cycle with no clomid I had a 22mm follicle and a 15mm on cd13. She said not to give up on it. She said it can change everything and make you ovulate later and potentially correct problems in your cycle (such as luteal phase defect).

Weebles - she had no issue using the preseed and was just like, "oh ok, great". :)

Hi everyone! I am a surrogate and egg donor and now I am trying for my second "keeper" baby haha. I just recently got informed that I have PCOS. I am 25 years old and have never once been told I had PCOS. Anyways, they started me on clomid. The first cycle I ovulated but I didn't get pregnant. I am just now starting my 2nd cycle and am hoping this will be the time it works. Any tips on increasing pregnancy while on clomid? I am nervous and so ready for this to happen! Eeeek.

Welcome newbies.

The nurse rung and I haven't ovulated. Unfortunately my doctor is away until next Monday so I will have to wait until then to find out what the next step is. She said it was likely I'd go up to 100mg after a course of Provera, but of course she couldn't make that call. She also said that he might decide to do a monitored cycle, so we will see. The nurse also said there was a slight chance I still might ovulate this cycle but it won't be a good egg and it's pretty unlikely that'll result in a pregnancy..

Blah... No surprises there... :(

Welcome Shocklee16 and fluffpackmama!

Ask-I never thought about bringing preseed to my ultrasound appt, maybe I will think about it for the future. Hopefully your follicle will grow bigger by Thu/Fri. Did they offer trigger shot?

Weebles-I also used something like mucinex, the cough syrup that contains Guaifenesin.

Sarah-sorry to hear that you haven't ovulated. Hopefully for next cycle when they up the dosage you will ovulate!

I am still a bit worried about my uterus lining, since it's around 7mm, and I know ideally it should be 8-11mm, I asked the clinic and they told me I don't need anything, but I am wondering if I should request estrogen supplement to thicken the lining? What do you think? Thanks!
Baby dust to everyone!

Sorry you haven't ovulated Sarah, but I've read a lot of posts on Google from women on clomid that didn't ovulate until day 20-something and got a bfp.

I hope my eggs mature too! If not this will be my first cycle not ovulating! Doc seemed to think I'll ovulate at the end of the week.

It doesn't hurt to ask about a supplement, Rawan!

Do any of you use soft cups? I just tried one for the first time and still had a lot of leakage when I stood up...maybe I didn't put it in right? Also, how much preseed do you put in the cup or do you not do that?

Ask-I use soft cup, I practiced first when i had menstrual period. After I put it in, there seems to be no leakage, and when I remove it, after around 12 hrs, there are less fluid in there. And yes, I put in some preseed in the softcup before inserting, I put in around 5-7.5ml, not sure if that's enough, but that's what I do.

Thanks Ask and Rawan. The nurse did say that I could ovulate this cycle, but it's probably not going to be a great egg. She said it was possible I could still get pregnant if I did ovulate, but there wasn't really a great chance. We will keep BDing because I do usually get a temp rise around CD 25-27, but the blood tests and ultrasounds after CD 25-27 haven't confirmed ovulation in the past. It'll just be waiting for the doctor to get back to us next week.

Rawan, you can get estrogen cream, I'm not sure if you can buy it online or you need a script. I watched an episode of Doc Martin where a lady was using estrogen cream but her husband (and the man she was cheating on him with) started developing moobs from the estrogen cream. What's your estrogen like in your blood test? If it's not low, I'm not sure if that'll actually help though? My estrogen is low and my doctors haven't suggested supplementing it.

I use a reusable cup. The first cycle I used it I got a BFP. Since then nothing obviously. But I really like it for the leaking. I'm not sure if it helps but it probably doesn't hurt. If you have leaking it probably isn't in properly.

Welcome shock and fluff!

Sorry you didn't ovulate sarah.. I hope bumping it up to 100 mg next cycle does the trick for you.

Rawan, I'm not entirely sure about your lining.. But I find mine is very much effected by my weight. Or at least I believe it to be as AF is hardly noticiable when I'm at a lower weight. It made me nervous when we started ttc. 10lbs makes a huge difference for me and estrogen is fat soluble so it makes sense, I don't know if you're underweight or not, I'm just stabbing in the dark, but if you are it's something to think about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->