Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I'm still around, I just finished ovulating, that was the strongest ovulation ever. I actually had more than one positive ovulation test, we hit every day we should, and ovulation ended today around 5:00pm.

I feel so absolutely thankful that it worked first round, I was terrified it wasn't going to work.

Now that we know how I react to the medicine, my DH and I have a game plan for next month if it doesn't happen this time.

Two week wait has officially begun.

LoveCousar- my symptoms were chapped lips, dry everything, extreme thirst, and major bloating. Started a few hours after my first dose.

So it seems I will have to wait till tomorrow to hear from my doctor. They usually phone early in the mornings. :dohh: I guess 1 day wont make such a difference lol but I want to start Provera ASAP again :blush:

Actually got an sms just now from them saying I didnt O - but not what happens next? Last month they phoned me :dohh: wonder if I should phone them or wait a bit. Maybe I will give them till tomorow and if they dont phone I will phone them. :(

I'm on CD 9. Still no side effects from the Clomid. When did side effects kick in for y'all & what were they?

Nita - have you tried the highest mg yet for Clomid? I'm so sorry this is happening to you 💔
My side effects from 100mg Clomid were dizzy spells, hot flushes and i think a little emotional, I can get emotional anyway but i feel i have had times where i am slightly more tearful and touchy.

I'm still around, I just finished ovulating, that was the strongest ovulation ever. I actually had more than one positive ovulation test, we hit every day we should, and ovulation ended today around 5:00pm.

I feel so absolutely thankful that it worked first round, I was terrified it wasn't going to work.

Now that we know how I react to the medicine, my DH and I have a game plan for next month if it doesn't happen this time.

Two week wait has officially begun.

LoveCousar- my symptoms were chapped lips, dry everything, extreme thirst, and major bloating. Started a few hours after my first dose.

I feel you!
I weren't O'ing alone and just prayed the Clomid would do it's job but couldn't help but feel negative because nothing with babymaking has gone smoothly for me but then when i found out it was doing the jobi was over the moon.
I'm pleased you have had success also :hugs:

Me again - feels like I posted enough nonsense for the day so far :haha::blush:

I decided to give my GYN a call - when i told the receptionist I had 2 rounds of Clomid already and it didnt work she immediately said I should come for an appointment and a check up - so I am going back on Wednesday to discuss options. Feeling nervous about it - but going to ask her not to put me on Provera again and ask for something else. Maybe next I will do Femara.. :dohh:

I'm on CD 9. Still no side effects from the Clomid. When did side effects kick in for y'all & what were they?

Nita - have you tried the highest mg yet for Clomid? I'm so sorry this is happening to you 💔

I had horrible sinus infection from CD 5-6 and a second round of sinus infection a few days after ovulation, otherwise nothing much.. ovulated both times, I think, confirmed only by temp shift, not by bloodtests..

Me again - feels like I posted enough nonsense for the day so far :haha::blush:

I decided to give my GYN a call - when i told the receptionist I had 2 rounds of Clomid already and it didnt work she immediately said I should come for an appointment and a check up - so I am going back on Wednesday to discuss options. Feeling nervous about it - but going to ask her not to put me on Provera again and ask for something else. Maybe next I will do Femara.. :dohh:

I am happy they took it seriously enough to get you called in for an appointment though! Better go prepared, seems like we have to know a bit to get the best help..."Snow nom" sounded very tempting, we thought it was with shaved ice.. so we had one each.. oh my.. it was a full cup filled with whipped cream!! and a tiny amount of cereals and some sauce (caramel for me and chocolate for hubby).. oh my... not healthy, and frankly half a cup of whipped cream is MORE than enough, haha:):haha:

Going back to BKK tomorrow morning...

What is the latest you have ever O'ed on clomid? I am now on CD23 and getting depressed. :(

What is the latest you have ever O'ed on clomid? I am now on CD23 and getting depressed. :(

Are you being monitored? Or having the 21 day blood test done? As far as i understand you will Ovulate 5-10 days after your last Clomid.

Nita, I'm glad you rung. That was going to be my advice. I think you'll need provera to bring on AF and then can start Clomid/Femara/injectables etc. Definitely give Femara a go. Fingers crossed for you.

Rickyandlucy if you haven't ovulated by the 10th day since your last Clomid it hasn't worked and it's time to talk to your doctor. Some people may ovulate later but from what I've read the ovulation isn't from Clomid.

Nope, not being monitored. I suspect you guys are right, the clomid hasn't worked. :(

Anyone here with PCOS? How could that be confirmed? I have not been diagnosed, but something is definitely wrong. My cycles are wacko and this was my second round of clomid. First time it worked but no BFP. When do I give up on the clomid and go back to the dr?

My obgyn diagnosed my PCOS by
a) seeing numerous pockets around my ovary on scan
b) cd21 bloods proving I didn't O that cycle
c) history of irratic cycle length and very short periods

I have no other of the classic symptoms of pcos

I had a scan too and she didn't seem too concerned. She did point out some holes that she said were very normal, she described them "like swiss cheese". Is that what you had?

The only classic PCOS symptom I have (besides the irregular and anovulatory cycles) is acne.

I kind of wish I could get a new doc, but I am in an extremely rural area so I don't have much choice. She is nice but sometimes I don't feel like she listens. I remember once going to her and saying I wanted to get off BC bc I didn't feel like myself on it, and she basically said she didn't understand why I would want to go off. I went off anyways. Been temping ever since. Over the summer she seemed to take me seriously when I told her I hadn't o'ed in 3 months. That's when she did an ultrasound and started clomid.

But I don't know what's next now. :/

Sarah, my tummy is 100% again. I suppose my Gyn will do a monitored cycle if I ask her, but it will be difficult in December with the holidays, as I think she also closes het practice for 2 or 3 weeks. So its definately something to look at in january. I have to admit I have not cried about this yet and I am trying my best to stay strong. The thought that it might never happen for us are crossing my mind now more than ever.

I can't imagine a RE office closing for a few weeks- mine doesn't even close on Saturdays. :dohh: Hope you get some answers with a monitored cycle!

I feel for you all that are dealing with doctors that seem not to care, seriously it happens far too often.

I almost dropped my OBGYN of 9+ years due to one of her nurses.

I look very young, I get it all the time most people guess I'm 16-18, a fresh 18 at the most.

I hate it, because people treat young teens terribly. Especially this particular nurse.

I went in for blood, and she berated me for wanting a blood test when I was 40 days late for my AF (the 3rd time this year.) but all my poas tests were negative and I had symptoms.

Then a nurse called me to tell me, happily, that my blood work was negative and then tried to hang up on me.

When I went to my OBs office again, the nurse that berated me, was very short with me, asking if I was sexually active. I looked her square in the eyes and said "yes." She was shocked because my mom was in the room, then asked what contraception I used.

Mind blown when I said, "none, not anymore."

The was a weird pause, and I continued with, "we're in the middle of trying."

I never seen someone turn red so fast, she whipped her head and my paperwork, looked at my birthday, and booked it out of there.

Needless to say, I told my doctor about the nurse over the phone, and she said and I quote "was it blah blah blah, I could slap her in her face." It was, the one on the phone, the one that berated me, and the one asking about my sexual status.

My doctor explained she was having major problems with her, and would be talking with her, again.

It took my doctor 20 minutes to reassure me that she was listening to me, and not to be frustrated because she was going to help me figure out what was wrong with me.

She proscribed me Clomid on the spot, and I left more excited than I had in 9 months.

Find a doctor that will listen, and if they don't, tell them you'll find someone else. And don't allow yourself to be abused by heartless nurses, or ones that have obvious prejudices.

Thank you for your reply!! And I get that sometimes too, though fortunately never at the doctor's. It's small town stuff here; they know me. Makes it weirder, lol.

Baby dust to us both!!

Ricky and Lucy, are you at least getting a CD 21 blood test? I was diagnosed with PCOS because my blood tests showed slightly high free androgens, slightly high LH, slightly high prolactin, low estrogen and low progesterone (indicating now ovulation). My ultrasound showed more than 12 cysts on each ovary and my right ovary was large. I also have mild acne and a little bit of extra hair growth.

We live in a small town too. My doctor only comes here 1 day a month and he's very popular.

MsAC, how old are you actually? My doctor said I was young and I'm 27... I find it annoying that if we didn't need any help conceiving we wouldn't be considered too young to be a mum. But just because we need help, the doctor can dictate how serious he treats me. Blah

Rickyandlucy - if the Clomid did not work for you I suggest that you see the doctor again. And if you suspect that something is wrong tell your doctor to do the necessary tests. When I decided to go see the doctor I was also unsure whether I should or not, and I wanted to wait till we TTC for a year at least. Now I am glad I went back after 6 months of TTC because I had no idea I had anovulatory cycles. If your gut says something is wrong, better find out sooner rather than later.:hugs:

Msac - totally agree, you need to find a doctor that listen. When I saw my doctor and told her about my wacko cycles after stopping BCP she immediately gave me Clomid, because she knew we didnt want to wait.:blush:

2much - most doctors here close over the holidays, so they refer you to doctors that are working during this time, and honestly I dont want to see another doctor :shrug: I will just ask her tomorrow though.

Sarah - There are other options than Provera to induce AF, or so I have read. So will just ask my doctor about that.

I have to be honest I am very nervous and also glad I could get an appointment. Hope I can leave my doctors office with good news tomorrow. :thumbup:

I don't look young but had to change my neurologist (got epilepsy, but not very strong: I've only had 3 fits my whole life). But the idiot neurologist told me (2 years ago when I was 30) that he refused to proscribe anything but depakote (the worst!!) just because it was "easy" for him.. My husband and I asked to change but he refused. We said we wanted to start a family, so he said "you'll probably be" cured" of epilepsy by age 35, so we should just wait 5 years before trying! To this he added "there are too many children already, no need to make more". I soon changed neurologist and hospital..

Anyway, back on the plane, going back to Bangkok now. Hate flying :/ glups..

I'm 24, and even if I was 18 or 16 I should be treated like a person.

I'm having problems, adding to them is only going to end poorly.

Sigh...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->