Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

Norelisa, thats exactly the one he got me :happydance: its almost like coldrink, luckily its very expensive so we could only afford to buy 1 :haha:

Sarah - i know exactly what you are going through :( its horrible when our bodies dont want to work like we want it to. :cry: i hope O will be sneaking up on you and happen soon. The worst thing for me to think about when i think i dont O is thd long cycles and provera, really hope its not the case for you this cycle.

Norelisa, I've forgotten too haha. If you ladies can, try and wait until they have a sale. I think I got 12 months for $30ish.

Nita, Thanks. I agree it sucks not know what your body is going to do. CD 17 (tomorrow) is 10 days since my last Clomid and from what I've read, if you don't ovulate in the 5-10 days following your last pill, it's not working. I hate the long cycles too, plus stupid Provera.

DH is feeling sad. We've got new neighbours and all the houses in our street are full (we are on an army base) and everyone in our street has a family except us.

So CM this morning was creamy and tonight EWCM. Starting to feel a little more positive!

Sarah,Clomid really plays with a persons cm. One cycle I had great ewcm,the next I barely had any. Clomid is known to dry it out. I'm glad yours is starting to change! Fx!

Aphy, that makes me feel lots better. I was expecting heaps like last cycle but just relieved to see some EWCM! I hope I O tomorrow or Tuesday.

Oh and for fertility friend,you can check out their twitter - seems like they sometimes does promo codes! (I'm not on Twitter myself)

Afm, I have a friend from uni visiting so we went down south for today and going back to Bangkok tomorrow. Beautiful sunset at kho larn outside of infamous pattaya ;)

We have more or less decided on no opk this time, but trying to bd every other day, so yesterday and tomorrow. Tonight is girls night, whoop!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161211-175438.jpg
    Screenshot_20161211-175438.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 1
  • _20161211_175729.jpg
    _20161211_175729.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 4
Ya Sarah, I decided to temp just the few days before and after O. I won't bother the rest of the time.

Temp dropped again this morning so I'm guessing today is O day. Last couple cycles my O has come 2 days after the positive OPK.

I don't have high hopes at all this cycle. DH smoked weed all through my fertile week. All the while telling me not to drink because I might "ruin his chances at getting pregnant this cycle". Hypocrite.

So AF due Christmas day. I expect it'll come

So no one else has experienced weird dreams? Just me? Okay then.

I test in 7 days.

Sarah-hope you ovulate soon!

Belle-I guess you could talk with your dh about weeds?

Nita-the drink sounds delicious! I agree that we still need to relax and enjoy our lives while ttc....I was told that first 10 days after conception, drinking shouldn't be an issue.

Norelisa-the sunset looks beautiful!

I was talking to a friend the other day regarding my ttc issues. My friend said imagine a woman who had accident and lost her uterus and can't have baby, is she going to feel it's the end of world?...I know my friends is trying to encourage me to remain positive, but I think it made me feel even worse. I really feel that unless you are going through the same issue, you won't really understand how it feels like to really want a biological kid, but don't have one yet. I am thinking to go to another fertility clinic because I feel the current doctor doesn't really care about me as a patient, she even said she thinks my first ivf cycle will fail, based on my labs(even though that might be a possibility, I feel they should encourage the patients). And I think if a 2nd doctor give me the same diagnosis, then it's more likely that it's true. Because the first clinic didn't even do my antral follicle count. The doctor diagnosed me based on my amh, fsh, and estrogen level. Sorry for the vent, and thank you for the support! Baby dust to everyone!

MsAC, I never remember my dreams. Sorry I can't help

Belle, that's good. I didn't think you'd be back to full time temping. I'm sorry about DH and the weed. It's so frustrating for you. And he doesn't have any incentive to quit with his SA.

Thanks Rawan. I've given up any hope of other people getting it. Most of the time people don't mean to hurt our feelings but it doesn't make it any easier. Definitely get a second opinion. Even if they agree, at least you can start to believe and plan for it.

AFM, the fertility nurse has been emailing back. The first thing she said was let's hope we get a BFP this cycle so we don't have to go down the this path. Of course so do I! But I need to be prepared just in case. We have to fill out lots of paperwork and consent forms. It sounds like the monitoring involved for IUI is pretty intense, blood tests every day and scans every other day. Hopefully I can do most of it in my home town and take a trigger so I can at least plan when I'll need to go for the IUI. I think I'm going to have to tell work...

Belle-I guess you could talk with your dh about weeds?

LOL I Could talk to DH about this until I'm blue in the face

In fact I have... talked... screamed... written out my thoughts for him. I've shown him research and articles. I've tried tangible rewards for quitting (letting him get a VERY expensive tattoo, getting a dog, moving to a bigger house, etc.) only to find that he has been lying to me about quitting since JUNE. Friday he promised he wouldn't smoke anymore, gave me the rest of his weed to get rid of. Saturday at a party he went and smoked up while I was in the friggen bathroom!!!!

I have had it with this man. There is no fricken excuse. We have unexplained effing infertility. It astounds me that he doesn't believe his addiction could be part of the problem. UGH I could just string a whole list of profanities about him right now ARGHGHGH

Sarah-Thanks! I think I won't talk to my friends again regarding my ttc issues, I know they have good intentions, but it doesn't help me. It seems that you have a lot of paperwork and things to do for the coming cycles, but hope you won't need it! Hope you can get your bfp before the iui!

Belle-I was going to say to show your dh regarding research studies...but you already tried. I know it's frustrating that when there's unexplained infertility, so you want to maximize the chance and avoid anything that might harm it. I hope that eventually your dh will understand and stop the weeds, at least during your fertile window.

CD16 & still no signs of Ovulation Detected. DH gave me $200 to go to Walmart to Christmas shop for decorations since I love decorating for the holidays. He's trying to help me keep my mind off of it but every other second, it's a bunch of "what ifs" floating in my head 😞

Belle, I'm feeling so frustrated for you. You've done all you can to show him, persuade him and convince him that he's ruining your chances and I think like you say, he is addicted. I'm sure he uses it as his 'escape' from infertility but really he's hurting your chances by doing that. Ugh, maybe your doctor can knock some sense into him?

Rawan, yes I think that might be wise. It's hard to know what people's reactions are going to be. I'm at the stage where we can't keep it a secret much longer. People are asking questions and want to know we haven't had a baby yet. They are obviously going to know if I do end up pregnant and my DH is out of the country! I'm just sick of keeping it all inside.

Love, I'm the same. CD 17 and no sign of ovulation. I had an almost positive OPK on Saturday and a little bit of EWCM but I'm not confident I'm going to ovulate. My body has tricked me like this many times before. Also my chart is looking pretty similar to my 50mg/non ovulation cycle.

So I've been reading up about IUI and a lot of women have said that their doctor's have told them not to bother with it and go straight to IVF. Basically that it's not worth the time and money and is often more demanding on the women than IUI because of the number of blood tests and scans. So I'm not sure what to think. Realistically my DH will freeze some sperm on the 19th and we won't be able to do IUI on my next cycle because we will be away. Our appointment is early February so I'll be half way through the next cycle then too. I also really need to stay in my job until at least the end of May. So I'm thinking of saying IVF in June and if DH goes away between now and then I'll try with IUI if it works out with being home for all the monitoring etc or just timed BDing if he's home. This is just so dumb. Why can't I be pregnant already.

Belle - how frustrating that DH won't listen. :nope:

Rawan - that's exactly why I don't want to tell my family that we are ttc, I know they won't do it on purpose and they will just try and help but they just wont understand.

Sarah & Love - Sorry neither of you are having O signs :cry:

AFM - day 6 of Provera already, picking up on weight on Provera again (like both previous times) Also had some spotting last night, which I suppose is good, don't want to wait 8 days again after provera for AF. And I know AF will be heavy again due to my thick lining.

We also had intruders at our new house (perks of living in South Africa) So we had to spend a lot of time yesterday getting electric fencing and lights installed. Seems as though they were interested in the solar panels :dohh: so I am really exhausted today. Atleast I had a good amount of exercise

Nita, thank you. Sorry about the crap time you're having on Provera. It's not fun :(. That's really scary about the intruder. South Africa sounds really dangerous!

I'm really feeling like I won't ovulate. Which is just making me feel really bummed. We obviously can't do IUI if I don't ovulate. I'm just feeling ready to give up.

Nita, thank you. Sorry about the crap time you're having on Provera. It's not fun :(. That's really scary about the intruder. South Africa sounds really dangerous!

I'm really feeling like I won't ovulate. Which is just making me feel really bummed. We obviously can't do IUI if I don't ovulate. I'm just feeling ready to give up.

South Africa turns into a major danger zone over the festive season. I dont even carry my purse with me anymore, just my credit card in my jean's pocket. We have armed robberies everyday in my area, mostly at the malls and some at private residencies. :nope:

I know what you are going through :hugs: I don't even have hope for my next cycle of Clomid (even my doctor said she is sure I won't O - if 100mg doesnt work its highly unlikely 150mg will) Thinking of you..and you aren't going through it alone :shrug: it just sucks that your DH won't be home as much as you need him too.

Wow, how do you even live like that? We can go out with windows open and doors unlocked here. We do live in a safe part of the country and there are the odd break ins but they target closed up houses just as much. Will you think about moving? I guess not with your new house.

I definitely understand what you're going through. Except I can hold out a tiny bit of hope after last cycle. What do you think you'll do next (aside from the drilling). My husband's here at the moment thankfully, but who knows how long for... them

It's a lifestyle to adapt to I guess. We have bugler bars on all our windows (windows are always closed at night so you can hear when the window breaks if someone tries to break in) Safety doors, cars everything always stay locked. Our gates have 2 sets of pins on the bottom so it cant be lifted from the rail as well as heavy duty locks. We also have an alarm and electric fencing. Yet they still manage to get in. :shrug: We bought the new house at a huge bargain, so we will stay there until we have kids. I want to immigrate as soon as we have kids. DH have his EU passport so it will be easy for him as well as for the kids. IF we can get DH to successfully immigrate it should be easier for me.

Well I suppose I will go see my doctor in January again, I will be requesting some blood tests and if it shows that I do have PCOS I have decided to go ahead with the Ovarian drilling for 2 simple reasons: 1. My medical aid covers most of it (where as if I do trigger shot, IUI or IVF it will be my own cost) and 2. I will have a chance to conceive naturally after the operation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->