Clomid Buddies (moved to LTTTC board)

I couldn't help myself and took an FRER this morning (didn't have any cheapies). It's 10 days past my trigger shot and I'm 8dpo. Vf bfp on FRER. Easier to see in person. Hoping it stays positive and it's not leftover hcg...time will tell!

Attachments

• IMG_5772.jpg
    IMG_5772.jpg
    21.2 KB · Views: 8
Keeping everything crossed for you Ask4joy!

Good morning!
I wanted to order some less expensive htps on amazon. Is there a brand anyone prefers?

I couldn't help myself and took an FRER this morning (didn't have any cheapies). It's 10 days past my trigger shot and I'm 8dpo. Vf bfp on FRER. Easier to see in person. Hoping it stays positive and it's not leftover hsg...time will tell!

I can see a very faint line if I zoom in :happydance: hope it stays positive :hugs:

Definitely see that line Ask, I hope it stays for you! I have no idea when a person would start testing after a trigger!

Sarah I am sorry that you feel like you won't O this month, that is s frustrating!!!!

You could do a test cycle at 150mg clomid to see if that helps you to O and then do the IUI cycle after?? Or you could do IUI with injectibles, they are stronger and work well for women who don't always O on clomid... and they have a higher success rate (but also a higher rate of multiples).

I want to thank you guys for being my sounding board these last couple days. They have been tough ones!

I started temping late in my cycle just to confirm my O date (as I was tired of knowing it was somewhere within a 2 day window based on my OPKs).... except now, its 3 days past my positive OPK and I still don't have a temp shift. WTH! We'll BD again tonight just in case, but I'm wondering if maybe I didn't O because of all the stress, or maybe the chinese herbs screwed things up for me?? I definitely have signs of O including cramping, spotting and tons of ewcm.... I am STILL having ewcm, my cp still feels open. So hopefully O will happen soon. If not, I will definitely be starting femara next month

AGH for someone who has such regular cycles this is definitely frustrating! The one saving grace is that it will at least ease some of teh stress at the end of the TWW.... I won't be thinking my AF is late when actually I just O'd late (assuming I do O).

Thanks, ladies. Doc said wait 10 days after trigger to test. Got trigger December 2nd at 4:30pm, so today is 10dpt (days past trigger).

Belle - sometimes I don't see a clear shift for a couple days even though I know I O'd due to all other signs and symptoms. Good idea to bd again tonight!

Carolina - I use the wondfos opks and hpts.

Ask, I can see a faint line too. I've heard others being recommended to wait longer before testing if they aren't testing out their trigger. Regardless, I hope it gets darker for you.

Caroline, I can't help sorry, I buy FRERs or cheapies from a local site (I live in New Zealand).

Belle, I got a small rise this morning but I'm not convinced. Im not sure if the doctor would let me do 150mg unmonitored and the clinic closes over the Christmas break and we are going away. I know if they try Femara they'll start me on the lowest dose and I'll be in the same position. Injections are really expensive here and if I was to do 2 IUIs with injectactables, I might as well have done 1 round of IVF. DH thinks IVF is too extreme but I'm so sick of waiting around. Im going to ring up today to see if we can get in to see our doctor at a different clinic and just travel. I'm guessing there won't be any appointments left before we go away though.
Oh no, I hope it wasn't the Chinese herbs. Fingers crossed your temp will still rise. I think starting Femara is a good plan.

Sarah all you need is a rise that is higher than your previous 6 temps... Today's rise might indicate O... I'm hoping your next few temps will be higher yet. Will you be doing a CD 21 progesterone test to confirm O this cycle?

I couldn't help myself and took an FRER this morning (didn't have any cheapies). It's 10 days past my trigger shot and I'm 8dpo. Vf bfp on FRER. Easier to see in person. Hoping it stays positive and it's not leftover hcg...time will tell!

Wohoo congratulations :hugs:

OK ladies
So I've completed 2 cycles on 100mg Clomid.
My periods have always been quite heavy and painful and the first cycle of taking Clomid was exactly the same, this cycle however has been so light, Infact I've not bled in between going for a wee, there is just blood when I wipe and in the toilet.
It's really confusing me. I took a test at 14dpo and it was :bfn: I don't think I'm pregnant the bleeding was too much when I wiped.
I've had no pain nothing at all its been very strange
I'm worried that I had such a thin lining my period was so little? On my first cycle of clomid I was checked over and scanned and they were happy with my lining on that cycle.

I have had 30days exactly from day 1 of AF to the next day 1 of AF so it's definitely regulated me but something is strange.
Just took my 2nd day of Clomid now for my third cycle

Does anyone feel they can relate to this or have any advice?

Nita-That sounds dangerous! Stay safe during the holidays season!

Sarah-I know it's frustrating to feel that you are not ovulating. I think it's better to be monitored if you increase the dosage of clomid. Hope you will ovulate soon!

Belle-hope you will ovulate soon! I guess femara will be a good next option. Since I already used femara, I only have Follistim injection/IVF option left.

Ask-Fingers crossed for you!

Babydust-I only had one cycle of clomid. After the cycle, my period was very light, and the doctor told me it was due to thin lining, but after that cycle, my period went back to normal.

Belle, I tested out higher temps for the next few days. If I have two more higher temps then it'll say I O'd yesterday, I don't think that's right. My chart is almost identical to my 50mg cycle. I'm having the odd twinge in my left ovary still. My CM is all over the place. I really think my body is trying to ovulate but it hasn't. Yes I'll have a CD 21 blood test which I'll do on Thursday evening (which is CD 20 but I want the results before the weekend). I can't even do a monitored cycle next cycle because we will be away and not near any big cities plus everything shuts down over the Christmas break. And if DH is away, what's the point? I really feel like giving up. It's all just hopeless, a waste of time and a waste of money. We could potentially spend up to $4,500 to do injectables and IUI to have it cancelled for over or under stimulation. Plus all the time off work for monitoring.

When does DH get back Sarah? It certainly is frustrating. I can understand why you are wanting to pursue IVF to just get things going.

He's still here Belle. But he's on 72 hour notice. So he could be gone soon. We don't know when he'll leave and we don't know when he would be back. We are thinking up to 4-5 months. Especially when IVF could be cheaper in the long run.

That would be so stressful. I admire you for being able to live like that! I would need to know what to expect, I can't imagine having my life all up in the air like that! Well, I keep hoping you'll get some good luck heading your way soon!

Sarah - this is my argument, hope it helps you. We are both still young and we do have some time to try some less expensive treatments. But every month of trying Clomid / Femara for example costs more money, going over to trigger and IUI and IVF will cost more money and take more time. And there is no gaurentee it will work, look where we are after 3 months of Clomid, neither of us are pregnant and I have spend half the money on drugs that it would have cost me to get the trigger already. My point is rather pay a bit more and go for the treatment with the best chance of working. We need to keep in mind the opportunity costs as well. :hugs:

Thanks Belle. Sometimes I wonder how I do it too. I just try and have my own friends and own routines. I've come to expect nothing is certain and we just have to make the most of the time we have together. He has also said 5-10 more years and then that's it. So I can see the end of the tunnel, even if it's far far away.

Nita, I agree with you. So far it hasn't cost me much, about $300-$400. But to us, time is the biggest thing. You can't borrow time or get a loan for it. Yes I am young but we want 3-4 children and with DH's career, there's potential for a whole 12 months to be gone just like that. I'm wondering if paying the money for OVF (if my doctor agrees) would be worth it. I've already said to DH if we aren't pregnant by June we will be doing IVF. I'lll quit my job (and relief teach) but I need to be trying something. I can't manage being one of those people who've been TTC for 3+ years. Nothing's a guarantee but I need to have at least tried it.

Nita, have you felt pain/aching in your ovaries on any of your failed Clomid cycles? On 50mg I felt nothing, last cycle I felt heaps and this cycle I've had dull aching. I feel like there are follicles there but they're just not popping. I don't think I can have an ultrasound now and a trigger, my doctor wouldn't do that half way through a cycle on a gut feeling.

Thanks Belle. Sometimes I wonder how I do it too. I just try and have my own friends and own routines. I've come to expect nothing is certain and we just have to make the most of the time we have together. He has also said 5-10 more years and then that's it. So I can see the end of the tunnel, even if it's far far away.

Nita, I agree with you. So far it hasn't cost me much, about $300-$400. But to us, time is the biggest thing. You can't borrow time or get a loan for it. Yes I am young but we want 3-4 children and with DH's career, there's potential for a whole 12 months to be gone just like that. I'm wondering if paying the money for OVF (if my doctor agrees) would be worth it. I've already said to DH if we aren't pregnant by June we will be doing IVF. I'lll quit my job (and relief teach) but I need to be trying something. I can't manage being one of those people who've been TTC for 3+ years. Nothing's a guarantee but I need to have at least tried it.

Nita, have you felt pain/aching in your ovaries on any of your failed Clomid cycles? On 50mg I felt nothing, last cycle I felt heaps and this cycle I've had dull aching. I feel like there are follicles there but they're just not popping. I don't think I can have an ultrasound now and a trigger, my doctor wouldn't do that half way through a cycle on a gut feeling.

On my failed 50mg cycle I had no pain in my ovaries and no EWCM. On my 100mg failed cycle I had ovary pains, dull pain, but there was something and I had 2 days of EWCM. It was almost like my body was gearing up to O but then ended up not Oing.

I found this study online.. https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S1110569013000198

Nita, that's how I'm feeling this cycle. Although I did have a little bit of EWCM yesterday but now it's flip flopping between watery and creamy. Mostly creamy. I have a dull ache, which I didn't have my first cycle.

That's interesting but the side effects for drilling, plus the invasiveness of it would put me off. I'd also be really worried about taking metformin and doing drilling without a firm PCOS diagnosis. I've also read that drilling can lead to injury to the ovary leading to permanent infertility and early menopause. I'd be trying IVF before doing ovarian drilling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->