Clomid CD21 Bloods

Discussion in 'Long Term Trying To Conceive' started by Stardancer, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Stardancer

Stardancer Well-Known Member

Hi Girls, I'm on CD 16 and no positive OPK yet.. but a very close line - so I'm think it'll be positive tomorrow... maybe OV on CD18... I'm booked in for bloods on CD21 (weds) will I have to change this if I OV then? if so, when to?

2. rachelle1975

rachelle1975 And then there were 3!!

Hey stardancer

if bloods are the same even if you aren't on clomid then if AF hasn't come 7 days after you have your bloods, they advise you to go again?

Fingers crossed that big solid lines shows up sooner rather than later!

Maybe ring your GP and they might be able to advise you better :hugs:

3. Stardancer

Hubby thinks the lines are the same now... so I'm gonna test again later this afty. I'm not usually one for agonising over lines LOL but it's soooo close. It doesn't even matter that much... if it's not positive today it will be tomorrow... why do we torture ourselves like this?!

Thanks for the advice.. I'm not sure really.. I just know they base CD21 bloods on ovulating on CD14... or at least I think they do. Maybe someone who's been on clomid will know...

*waits*

4. rachelle1975

yeah that is how it works.

Although not on clomid i have had the bloods done to check ovulation and they try and have you take them 7 days after ovulation to detect the hormonal rise which should show that it happened.

If say you ovulate on CD18 then the tests on 21 would show a rise but it might be worth moving the appt back to the Friday - i'm sure if you speak to your doctor they would change it for you hun?? Then you will have your OPK and the blood test to prove that the clomid worked!

Good luck x

5. Stardancer

Yeah, makes sense. Thanks hun!

6. rachelle1975

No worries - the very best of luck! x