Clomid/FE Conceived Buddies :)

Nita2806

Mom to 2 girls :)
Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Clomid and Femara are such common prescribed drugs for infertility that deals with Ovulation.

I had 10 anovulatory cycles (2 was on Clomid) and fell pregnant on the 2nd cycle of Ovulating on Clomid. (Although I had horrible, horrible side effects)

Share your success stories on Clomid/Femara here if you want to, and stay in touch with other ladies who also conceived on it :)

I was diagnosed with lean PCOS at 21 and went on BCP for 10 years. Went off BCP and did a whole bunch of testing to see what hormone levels were off but found everything was within "Normal range". I ovulate irregularly. I can go 120 ish days between ovulations. Or sometimes it's just the normal 14 days.

After a year of frustrated trying... not know when or IF I will ovulate... we went on 50mg clomid. Had one helluva ovulation from both ovaries and fell pregnant immediately!

The weirdest thing about my cycle was, that I didnt have any EWCM at all, and DH and I didnt use any lube to boost his swimmers, I didnt really feel any ovulation pains (I little bit on 2 days) - I didnt even wanted to count myself in the TWW, I had just written the cycle off, until AF didnt show :) I only started getting some symptons now after I got my +test results :happydance:

Congratulations!

I was diagnosed with PCOS age 24 in 2010. I have no other symptoms apart from irregular ovulation/absent periods. My first baby was conceived after 15 months TTC, on my 6th cycle of Clomid (4th of 150mg). I didn't ovulate at all on 50mg and reallllllly late on 100mg.

TTC this baby was much quicker. I tried 5mg of Femara and ovulated but late and it was a BFN. Then I tried 7.5mg and bang! Pregnant with #2. I much preferred Femara to Clomid as there were pretty much no side effects.

When I got pregnant the first time, my midwife told me that now that I was pregnant, everything should go smoothly. She was right! I had a completely uncomplicated pregnancy. The same is true so far for this one too, I am 10 weeks and everything has been normal so far (saw the heartbeat on a scan at 7 weeks).

Yay thanks for making this thread even though I'm almost ready to graduate to the second trimester boards. Nita, you know my story. But we were TTC 1# for over a year. Based on my charts it looked like I was ovulating but I wasn't. I knew I had PCOS but I was told there would be no issues because I was lean. My GP put me on metformin and I conceived but miscarried at 5w2d. Then we got in with an RE and at the first appointment got prescribed 50mg of Clomid. That didn't working so I went up to 100mg and conceived on my second cycle of 100mg. Just one baby and I can't wait to find out if it's a little girl or boy!!

Diagnosed with PCOS when I was in my earlier 20's. I do not ovulate on my own at all. I was really worried that I would need something stronger than Clomid. January was our first month on it at 50 MG. I never got a positive ovulation test, never had ovulation pains/spotting....any symptoms. I got a negative test on CD 32 (February 9) so I counted myself out. On CD 35 (February 12) I got out of the shower crying, telling my husband I know he won't visit my grave when I'm dead.

What the hell?

CD 36 I tested before work and sure enough, light positive. Confirmed at dr same day. They couldn't see anything on ultrasound that day but are now able to see a yolk sac. Hopefully a baby this week!

I really, really counted myself out. I figured there was no way I was pregnant and had even started taking the Provera again. Thankfully, that is not harmful. I was really worried I was going to miscarry but my dr. told me babies LOVE progesterone so it wasn't bad at all. Phew!

Hi Ladies,

Love hearing all of these success stories. Fertility problems are HARD! Just got my BFP after a round of 100mg of clomid. Both times I've been pregnant I tried one month at 50mg with no O then upped it to 100mg and got a BFP. This time I didn't O until Day22ish so I thought for sure I was out but got my BFP at 12dpo and a lovely beta of 78 today at 13dpo :) DS is 19 months right now so I think the age gap will be decent!

Question for you lovelies that might know, does HCG levels indicate multiples at all? If so, I think I'm safe because 78 sounds normal for 13dpo right? There's always a little fear of multiples with Clomid

I want to join!!!! This was my first clomid cycle. I ovulate on my own but extremely early like day 9/10. Last year I had 3 miscarriages so I'm hopeful the boost from clomid was what I needed. This was our 7th cycle post my last loss.

Sweet pea, apparently they can indicate if you're carrying multiples but not necessarily very accurate. Some women have high levels and have singles and others have low with multiples. But generally higher levels can mean multiples. I think mine was 67 on 12 DPO and 320 on 15 DPO and have 1 baby. There are charts online where you can see if your levels are in the normal range for DPO and single/multiple births.

Levels were 78 13dpo and 222 15dpo so I'm feeling pretty confident that it's just one��

Sounds like just one sweet pea. But you never know! Are you booked for your first scan at some point? I had a scan at 7 weeks and just one baby. I kept having dreams there were twins or triplets and they just missed them but saw them at my 12 week scan. But nope, still just one baby :)

I'm officially in the second trimester now but it feels like my bump has gotten smaller! I'm also on daily blood thinning injections which my husband has been doing into my stomach. I seriously thought after all the trouble of conceiving that I'd have it relatively easy in pregnancy. I'm going to be having 3-4 weekly appointments with the high risk OB and scans every 3-4 weeks from 26 weeks. Lots of extra monitoring and tests. It makes me scared to think about having any more babies after this one.

I have done 3 rounds of clomid 50mg.

April 2014 - BFP and my son was born in Jan 2015
Sept 2016 - BFN
Jan 2017 - BFP. Currently 6w4d with a singleton.

All 3 times i had no side effects. I am an ultrasound tech so i tracked my own follicle growth and with my first bfp in 2014 I ovulated on day 14, and this current bfp ovulation was on day 16.

All 3 cycles I temped, used pre seed, and BD'd every day for 2-3 days prior to expected ovulation ( based on the follicle size during my off the books scan earlier in the day)

Awebb, it must have been awesome to know whats going on the whole time. I wondered every day if maybe thats O day, on my last cycle no EWCM and i had given up on OPKs, and charting was just not possible. I have no idea when I Od, but based on my prog levels on CD20 I knew I Od later.

Love reading all these success stories :hugs:

Sarah2211 I have one scheduled at 7 weeks also�� honestly I'm feeling so crampy and having sharp pains in my right side that I'm not feeling very optimistic. Worried they'll see the embryo in my tube or I'll start bleeding before the scan. Not fun! I certainly wish I was an ultrasound tech today

Sweet pea, that's exciting, hopefully you're not too far away from 7 weeks now. That's how I felt, crampy and sharp pains. All along the way I've tried to keep my hopes low but the baby is doing just what it should. I think if it was an ectopic you'd be feeling really sick. Even now I'm a little scared I could lose the baby but I don't want to get a Doppler because I'll freak myself out if I can't hear the baby. I'll be getting scans every 3-4 weeks soon so hopefully that'll put my mind at ease.

I'm so relieved you ladies had sharp and crampy pains! I've been having those! I didn't with my losses but I've been scared something is wrong!

I am glad I am not the only one, Ive had some cramping and sharp pains on both my left and right side. Luckily not the whole day, I feel it 2 - 3 times a day :o

So nice to hear I'm not the only one! Thankfully the sharp pains went away and then today I felt them on the other side so I think that's a good sign that it's not ectopic! Sarah I used a doppler for my first from about week 9-14 and I loved it! But it definitely can be tricky to find the heartbeat at first. Unfortunately, we are waiting a bit longer to tell everyone so I won't be able to borrow it from SIL this time. Can I ask why you're having scans so often? Are you high risk?

I want a Doppler this time!
Sarah I'm always high risk too. I have a blood antibody and a blood disorder that makes me anemic. I'll get scans every week until 10 weeks I think. Then every few until 3rd tri I usually have them once a week. It's nice to see baby so often and I know it's scary but relax because you're getting the best care ❤

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->