clomid friends needed!

lexus15

Praying for 1 more
Reaction score
Hi all,:flower:

Posted this in another forum on BnB but thought I would try here as well as you ladies might have been in the same predicament as me & can offer advice & pma to me & others.

Feeling low ladies, am cd 19 of a 28/29 cycle & don't think I've ov this month on clomid (1st month days 2-6). Cbfm giving me low readings & opks in late afternoon are negative!

Last month I wasnt on clomid & I never ovulated according to the cbfm.:nope:

What's going on with me? Do you think I should try & go to the docs tomorrow to see if I can get cd21 bloods done to see?

Am starting to get worried now as when I saw FS in April I had ov but I haven't since then!

Any advice anyone??:hugs: .xx

How many mg are you on? It's strange that you keep getting lows. Clomid should pump up your estrogen & cause more high days on CBFM leading up to your peak. It sounds like your estrogen levels aren't reacting to the clomid.

Did you do the clomid challenge test or ovarian reserve testing? It's a blood test on CD3, then clomid for 5 days, and blood again on CD10. The doctor checks to make sure estrogen increases for the second bloodwork.

Maybe they need to increase your dosage.

Hi lola

My FS never mentioned any clomid challenge test, its the first time I've heard of it! Took 50mg days 2-6 & this morning got another low on cbfm & negative on an opk.

Hope to speak to my GP later today to see if I can request a blood test (cd21) to see if I ov & to ask for a repeat of the clomid as they only gave me a months supply!..& there was me thinking that I ov every month!:wacko:.x

feel silly for asking but where do you get the chlomid from is it your gp or do you have to be refered to fertility clinic .and what is the criteria for getting it ect thanks .

Hi Mogsanddogs,

Clomid is something you get from your OB/GYN or FS doctor as you need to be carefully monitored whilst you are taking this drug. It helps women who do not ovulate on their own or like me ladies who are considered older when it comes to TTC and have unexplained infertility and need a little help. It not only stimulates the ovaries to ovulate but hyperstimulates them so that you have more than one egg released each month so there is a chance of multiple births. I definitely see this as a bonus, could have a family in one go.

The doc will check you to see if the drug is having the desired effect at different stages in your cycle as they may need to up the dose. It is very popular and has a good success rate, 40% of couples get pregnant within 3 cycles.

I am due to start Clomid next cycle if I am not pregnant this time which I don't think I am.

Good luck and I hope your doctors are helpful where you live.:hugs:

I'm on 100mg of Clomid. Last month on 50mg's I didn't ovulate either. My estroidial levels were all over the place and my follies shrunk. This cycle, we've found out I ovulate late. My follies aren't full mature, but good enough, so they gave me a trigger shot to release the follies and tomorrow we have an IUI. Then Bd the following days from there. I'm at CD 20 and I've heard of women ovulating as late as CD28.

Also, do you have PCOS?? Many fertility drugs and those with PCOS may not get accurate OPK readings. It should say on your box that women with PCOS and those on certain fertility medds may not get good readings. So you may just want to stop using them for awhile unless your Dr. tells you to in conjunction with your protocal.

I'm new at this too, but have several women who've gone through this. Often times for women the 50mg doseage may not work. So you'll need to up the doseage to 100 or 150mg, etc.

I'll be moving on to injectables (gonal-f) if this cycle doesn't work.

feel silly for asking but where do you get the chlomid from is it your gp or do you have to be refered to fertility clinic .and what is the criteria for getting it ect thanks .

Hi there, don't feel silly! Someone else answered most of your question but I thought I'd answer one of the reasons we are monitored on Clomid is to continually check the size of the follies (eggs). There are risks of hyperstimulating and it can be dangerous. So Clomid should never be taken without OB or RE monitoring.

Also, if you put yourself through the hormones, you'll want to know when the eggs are ready to release so your more likely to conceive. Otherwise without monitoring your cycle, it'd be a waste of time, money and sanity. :winkwink:

Hi Girls - just letting you know this latest round of clomid worked for me.:bfp: at 13DPO this morning. I also had IUI this month, so it was a double cheat :)

Good luck!!

there is a clomid club in the LTTTC forum - I post on there and it's really helpful! x

Hi Girls - just letting you know this latest round of clomid worked for me.:bfp: at 13DPO this morning. I also had IUI this month, so it was a double cheat :)

Good luck!!

FANTASTIC lola13!:thumbup::happydance: Happy & healthy 9 months.:hugs:x

I'm on 100mg of Clomid. Last month on 50mg's I didn't ovulate either. My estroidial levels were all over the place and my follies shrunk. This cycle, we've found out I ovulate late. My follies aren't full mature, but good enough, so they gave me a trigger shot to release the follies and tomorrow we have an IUI. Then Bd the following days from there. I'm at CD 20 and I've heard of women ovulating as late as CD28.

Also, do you have PCOS?? Many fertility drugs and those with PCOS may not get accurate OPK readings. It should say on your box that women with PCOS and those on certain fertility medds may not get good readings. So you may just want to stop using them for awhile unless your Dr. tells you to in conjunction with your protocal.

I'm new at this too, but have several women who've gone through this. Often times for women the 50mg doseage may not work. So you'll need to up the doseage to 100 or 150mg, etc.

I'll be moving on to injectables (gonal-f) if this cycle doesn't work.

Hi mommy's angles, no don't think I have pcos as I've never been tested for it, but who knows with these doctors! As for ov late my cycles are 28/29 days, I'd have no chance if I ov that late!:nope:

My GP sent me for cd21 bloods to see if I ov (today) & has asked me to contact my FS & find out if I should be monitored, should the dose be increased, how long should I take it for, etc.

Spoke to her secreatary who said she will contact her & get back to me or the GP, I wonder how long that will take now? My AF is due in a week I bet they won't have contacted him so i won't be able to take the clomid next month!:wacko::nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->