Clomid has messed things up. Can anyone advise please

EMYJC

Two boys and unexpected BFP!
Reaction score
Hi. I have been trying to conceive for almost a year. I do ovulate naturally but it is very irregular and on different times every month so my consultant decided to try me on clomid. I took it days 2-6 and am now day 26 and still don't appear to have ovulated. I have been getting ovulation pains every other day since about day 18 but no temp rises to confirm anything has happened. My OPKs have been looking positive or almost for the past week and a half too. I am feeling pretty down. Should I just keep dtd every other day at least and hope for the best? Could it really stop me ovulating?

Hi there.....although I don't have the answer I can relate to what your going through. I was put on clomid in December due to anovulatory cycles....currently cycle 4of clomid and I have all the aches of ovulation but no sign of it actually occurring.
I would keep dtd.....and try not to stress to much on it. If you are very concerned I would may go see you gp :)
sorry I can't help more xxx

Hi Lii24. I have the aches again too! OH is getting a bit fed up of all the action. Last cycle without clomid I ovulated CD18. Think I should have carried on naturally! Best of luck to you. Let me know how you get on.

Haha my oh can relate to yours lol they should have a group like this! Becomes a chore some days. I even tried telling myself I didn't want a baby to try and trick my body lol.......didn't work!!
I also took my clomid days 2-6 for first 3cycles, the this cycle I accidentally moved it to 3-7 because I forgot lol..... Maybe your gp could advise on taking it at a different time? Fingers crossed for you :)
Is this your first cycle? Xx

I haven't started clomid yet (waiting for AF) but I lurk on another board and they made a chart of all the people who tried clomid, which cycle days and if they got pregnant. Most of the pregnancies happen when taking clomid days 3-7, with 5-9 in second place. I didnt see many positive outcomes for the cycle days you are taking it. Maybe a switch to 3-7 could be just what you need.

OoOo......which board is that? I may have to have a peek ;-)
I am due AF on Friday......and I'm pretty sure she's going to show. Nothing's happened last four months so doubt it will now xx

Fingers crossed it doesn't. I am 2 days without dtd now so not even managing the SMEP I was aiming for as we are just that sick of dtd! I may do cd 3-7 next time. Are u any good at charts either of you? I'm sure I must've ovulated by now but still have a positive OPK today. :(

The forum is called Soul Cysters. It's for women with PCOS. They have a clomid section. That's where the data is.

Thanks. I'll take a look

Turns out a nasty old cyst was causing all the confusion. Gutted :(

Hey, thanks. Rather gutted tbh. No idea where I go from here. Just been told I've got to wait for a period and then I'll be scanned again to see if it's shrunk. If it causes acute pain or bleeding I need to go back :( x hope you're ok

Did they say whether it was clomid that has caused it? Or what type of cyst it is?
I have been having twinges in my ovaries for ages now normally in my left and now the witch is 6days late......I don't however think for one minute I'm pregnant I think I have messed my body up by taking the clomid at a different time to what my body has been used too :-/ god it's confusing stuff!!

Are they going to remove the cyst? Or just leave it?
Hope your okay Hun......keep your chin up :) at least it's been found now xx

Hoping you are pregnant. I swear everyone I talk to on here seems to announce a pregnancy straight after! I have started bleeding today. Clomid has completely messed this cycle up. I am not going to take it today as Fertility friend had no idea when I was ovulating, we dtd every other day and still havent caught and it is saying my ovulation was possibly cd27 and only gave me a 7 day luteal phase, these are the worst stats ever for me! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->