Clomid - Ibuprofen causing ovulation problems?

MrsGLonghorn

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm on my second round of clomid this month after TTC for over two years. Everything was going along swimmingly, but then I got an infected tooth and I had to have an emergency root canal the day after my positive OPK. :dohh: Because of the throbbing tooth pain and inflammation, I ended up taking ibuprofen the day of the positive OPK and the day after.

Now, two mornings after the OPK, I still don't have a temp rise. My last clomid cycle, I had a nice textbook temp rise the day after my positive OPK. I've been googling (bad idea) and am now coming across various statements that ibuprofen while TTC can screw up ovulation and implantation.

Has anyone had ibuprofen delay their ovulation while taking clomid, even after a positive OPK? Or, alternatively, has anyone noticed that ibuprofen lowers their BBT, even if they've ovulated? Even better, has anyone had similar symptoms and ended up with a BFP?

I'm going to be so upset if that stupid tooth ruined my chances this cycle! :growlmad: Thank you so much to anyone who has input here! :flower:

Update:

I stopped all pain meds yesterday after I started worrying about their effects on ovulation, and this morning (the third morning after the positive opk) my BBT jumped up like it should. My mouth is killing me, but at least I know I ovulated and can start my progesterone pills tonight!

Still not sure if the NSAIDs delayed ovulation and I ovulated yesterday, or if they were just keeping my temps artificially low even after I'd ovulated. Hopefully it's the latter and I ovulated when I thought I did so that our chances are maximized based on the BDing schedule :winkwink:

Just thought I'd provide this update in case anyone is ever wondering/worried about the same issue and comes across this thread.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm in desperate need of some Tylenol! :haha:

Mrs - not sure how exactly Ibuprofen effects ovulation but my Clomid prescription paperss from my Dr office specifically say to NOT take any NSAIDs and take only Tylenol if needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->