Clomid & male factor infertility

pink32

Pregnant #4
Reaction score
Hi, i'm wondering if anybody has used clomid due to dh low sperm count? I ovulate on my own but my doc has said to use clomid to try and increase our chances....has anybody got any success stories to share? thanks

sorry dont have a success story but i too was put on clomid even though i was ovulating and dh has low count and motility. was on clomid for 3 months!!!

No success story here either, but doing the same thing. The stupid thing is that I ovulate on my own [but late] and I didn't ovulate during my last cycle on Clomid [which was my first]. They upped my dose this month.

thank you both for replying... i think we may even go straight to IVF...i just want to be preganant so badly and am so sick of waiting. (like everyone else too) but i figure if we havent' gotten pregnant naturally then maybe my dh's sperm isn't getting any better and it's just not going to happen naturally...it is sooooo frustrating. i'm quite scared - ivf- but we definately need to make sum decisions...i wish you both the very best of luck and pray we all get our +'s soon.[-o<[-o<[-o<

Hi Pink32 - I too was put on Clomid 50mg and did our first IUI cycle this month. DH has a VERYYYYY low count. It actually got lower on the day of IUI. Only 800,000 post wash. I have always ovulated on my own, they didn't check to see how many eggs would be released but I did feel extra stuff going on around ovulation. I'll be able to share a success story with you soon :)

Hi Ladies, thanks for replying.
Mamamirfy, you seem to be in the same boat as me....i believe that after they wash the sperm it does decrease, so they need to have a minimum of 5 million washed sperm (i think)...
The problem with us was that dh's first sperm analysis was 15 million then after 3 months it was 5 million...now, when he did the second sperm analysis he had a severe case of the flu and only told us after that this may alter the result. i hate it how doc's don't tell u these things...So our doc has basically given us clomid and said if this doesn't work ivf/icsi. I feel he is just after the $$$ - i guess that's there job...however it doesn't change the fact that i have no idea about clomid and think i should prob give it a go, rather than trying ivf where the drugs are even more intense. You mentioned that u felt a bit more going on around ovulation...do you mean ovulation was more painful than usual? and did u have any other side effects i.e hot flushes, headaches, etc? i'm a bit sceptical but i know i will have to start taking it in 2 days. The doc told me to take it from days 2 -6...
I truly wish the IUI went well for you and hope you can post ur success story soon. i'd love to hear how get on....Good luck..i pray we all get our successes soon xoxo[-o< when do you find out?

Hi Pink32 - Yes...weare in the same boat :) That's great that he had 15 million the first time - the second time being so low probably was from the flu. Just think, if his count is back up now because his flu is gone AND you start taking Clomid, you are giving his swimmers an extra target! That's how I look at it, I know it's not guaranteed to release multiple eggs but I figure if you already ovulate on your own (like we do) then we are just giving them a bit more than normal. Hope so anyways. I say you should try this fr a few cycles -that's what we will do. We can be Clomid buddies! Tomorrow I go for blood work to make sure I ovulated....I know I did, the stick said I did and I could feel extra cramping/achey feeling, and then one week from tomorrow (Monday, I know you're a day ahead) I go for blood work to test for pregnancy!!! I had a mild headache one one the days, but I was an emotional roller coaster. Only a few days though. Funny - my handle on other boards is Pink79 (year I was born) - pretty close. Take care sweets!!!

Hey Mamamirfy, love to be clomid buddies...i need a buddy - i'm going nuts. all this making a baby stuff is driving me up the wall:wacko:...well i do hope that his :spermy: are back up....i'm waiting for the witch to start. i've been spotting very lightly for the last 3 days on and off and she still has not showed....cant wait to hear your result - i hope you get a positive...you've certainly already given me more hope...i'm so pesimistic its not funny! Good Luck babe! should be starting the clomid tommorow or day after - Stay in touch:hugs:

mamamirfy, one thing my doc told me was that there was no need for them to monitor me on the clomid...some do and some don't..i guess i'll just take it and get some opk's and monitor myself

Hey Pink! Ahh, same as me I guess. I suppose because we ovulate on our own they don't need to see. I really wanted to see how many I released oh well. You know, I used to be sooooo pesimistic. I watched this movie called "The Secret" it was based on a book by a woman from Aus actually! It changed my way of thinking. Thinking negatively wasn't doing anything for me so I changed my ways. Maybe you won't even need to take the Clomid babe. The spotting sounds promising......just an idea :)

Hey Mamamirf!!

Af arrived today and she is in full swing....pains and all.. Yay! well i guess i start my clomid tommorow....i'm so nervous - i must sound like such a whimp! hehe...

I'm so pesismistic - i hope some of your positive energy rubs off on me....

Just a question....how many eggs should we produce - on clomid - if we already ovulate on our own? sorry if stupid question but i honestly wouldnt have a clue...i know u can produce 2 but can u produce any more than that??? i hope not...haha

i saw on your other post u said u had pains on ur ovary? are u ok???

Hey Pink!

Ahhh.....the old witch showed up, did she? Well, you're looking it in a good light - now you get to start Clomid. A new adeventure. Don't be nervous, nothingt to be nervous about. It made me more emotional but that's about it. Actually, I was overly happy for most of it - a couple days I went a little "crazytown" but I warned DH it may happen so he was fully prepared.

I'm not sure about your question because they didn't monitor me. I have heard of people releasing up to 3 eggs but I'm not sure if that's as common. I have heard of plenty of people conceiving twins because of Clomid and IUI.

I did feel pains on my ovary while ovulating, I'm ok now. Just felt as though I was releasing enough eggs for a football team. Eek!

I really hope this works for you :) Don't worry about the Clomid - you'll be great.

xo

Hey Pink - sorry I just saw your post on the other thread. I got mixed up of which pain you meant lol. I have had a very dull ache on my lower left side. Like a mild cramp. It doesn't hurt, it's just sorta "there". Apparently it's common.

Hi, Pink! We are same boat. I ovulate on my own but dh has low sperm count (4.71MM post wash), so i am taking 50mg clomid and ovidrel trigger.

thanks for the update mamamirf! certainly makes me feel better about the whole thing, and glad u feel better...i thought for some reason u were monitored on the clomid(don't know why) i'm losing it......good luck to u too "mysillygirls" i hope you both get your bfps this month...well wish me luck and lots of :dust: to you both xoxxo mamamirf please let me know when ur testing...cant wait to hear ur result...:hugs: mysillygirls - is this ur first clomid cycle?

thanks for the update mamamirf! certainly makes me feel better about the whole thing, and glad u feel better...i thought for some reason u were monitored on the clomid(don't know why) i'm losing it......good luck to u too "mysillygirls" i hope you both get your bfps this month...well wish me luck and lots of :dust: to you both xoxxo mamamirf please let me know when ur testing...cant wait to hear ur result...:hugs: mysillygirls - is this ur first clomid cycle?

Pink, good luck to you too! Yes, this is my first Clomid/IUI cycle. I also ovulate regularly and generally have 1 large follicle and one smaller. On 50mg of Clomid, I had 2 large follicles and one smaller at the 10 day ultrasounds. I am really worried about dh's count, but, hopefully, we will have success ;)

Let's keep each other posted! This is uncharted territory for me too

I still don't know why they didn't monitor me. Maybe because I ovulate onmy own? They must monitor the gals that don't ovulate on their own to make sure they do when on Clomid. Hmmm. I even asked if they were going to check me and they said they don't. I go for my blood test on the Monday but that is also when AF is due. If I get AF I'll be calling the clinic to try and get out of getting blood done (I have been poked enough this month with needles) Just a few more days! did you start with the Clomid yet???

Mamamirfy, I ovulate on my own but they still monitored me on the clomid cycle and I had an ovidrel HCG trigger. Interesting...I wonder how they make the decision to do so..

I never got a trigger shot either. Ya, I'm curious how they decide. I was really interested to see how many were gonna go. I could have a whole football team in there and noone would know ;)

HI Girls,
Mamamirf - u :rofl:crack me up - a whole football team:rofl:...well u never know... imagine u get triplets?!
I go to my DH what if we get twins? he goes we have issues fertilizing one egg...which is true, but u just never know what may happen.

i started my clomid last nite, so far so good. i had some pains today, but i cant really put them down to the pill seeing i had AF pains all day yesterday...tonight is day 2 - i'm taking them at night - thanks for the tip mamamirf - quite clever at least you can sleep it off...

i also am not getting monitored or getting a trigger shot...i thought u only get a trigger shot through IVF? but i guess not....

please post when u guys are testing.....Good luck to u both:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->