Clomid & male factor infertility

Hey ladies! Well, on the plus side, Mamamirfy, at least your cycle will be less expensive than mine. LOL! Maybe because I am over 35 they monitor? (37)

It sounds though like my FS monitors all patients doing IUI. They trigger it so they can monitor exactly when to schedule the IUI. My trigger was Ovidrel. They had me trigger at exactly 9:30p the evening of the 10 day us when they saw the mature follies. They do the iui almost exactly 36 hours after the trigger shot because I guess that most women ovulate between 36-41 hours after the trigger. I think they do it this way as it is more predictable than LH surge. This put our IUI on Sunday so we had to drive to their clinic in the city last sunday. I am hoping next cycle (if I am not preggo this one), the timing will work out on a weekday so we can go to the clinic by my house.

Mama, a whole football team lOL!

Hi Pinkster!

Yes, I imagine the regular AF cramps could get mixed up with whatever the Clomid is doing. I didn't start taking until day 3 so my AF cramps were pretty much gone.

Some people on here mentioned a trigger shot - I think its only if you don't ovulate on your own. But who knows, I seem to be wrong a bunch. Maybe Aus doctors and Canadian doctors work the same way. No monitoring, no triggers. I'm sure it has more to do with ovulation though.

I'm testing on Monday - Woohooo! But that's Tuesday for you :)

I didn't see Mysillygirls post until after! - My IUI cycle was $300, Clomid was $40, and OPK was $50 so nearly $400. The Nurse also added a whole shot of negativity for FREE! Lucky me. At my clinic they had me do my OPK first thing every morning. Usually on OPK's they have you check mid dayish - so when I saw a positive it would have actually turned positive the afternoon before (if doing it properly) and they have you come in that afternoon. So it works out to about 24 hours later I suppose. That's their system - they are supposed to be amongst the best in the country. We shall we see.....I hope you can get it done close to home too next cycle. I said to my MIL the other day. This baby will def feel wanted when they finally get here. We went through an awful lot just to get them. Can't wait for that day!!

Mama, I am guessing my cycle is costing a few thousand $$ per cycle. i had to have an hsg though. fortunately, my insurance covers up to $10k

I had an HSG last year, then they discovered I had a blocked tube so I had to have a salpingography 2 months later to clear it. I didn't have to pay for any of that though. Gotta love the Canadian medical system :) I couldn't imagine paying thousands for IUI. Or do you think it costs way more because of the monitoring and the trigger and everything. How much is IVF where you live?

Mama, IVF is ridiculous in the US. It usually averages around $15000 per cycle.Check out this article from Newsweek!

https://www.newsweek.com/2010/07/20/should-ivf-be-affordable-for-all.html

Wow - $15,000 or $20,000 is outrageous! IVF here ends up costing close to $10,000 which surprizes me because usually we are pretty good about anything to do with the medical system. I heard in some spots in the UK you can get a free go at it! If you're over a certain age. Here's hoping neither of us need this!!!!

Hey Girls,

how are u both?- i didnt get an opportunity to log in this weekend...

Wow - ivf is so expensive in the US - Canada seems to be more like the Aussie prices....IVF/ICSI done in Aus is $7000. but from Sept. all the drugs will be close to nothing and funded by the government - therefore it should decrease the total cost to about $5k - therefore out-of-pocket expense to do a cycle will be approx $2500 which is alot better than what u guys have to fork out....

i'm on the last day of my clomid - 1 more pill tonight and i'm done....

i've had cramps throughout my entire cycle - which is very unusual for me....i never have AF cramps (only the 1st day)...

is there anything i need to expect around ovulation? (prob more pain knowing my luck)....

i'm not doing IUI this cycle - just the clomid and :sex:....

cant wait to hear ur results!

hey guys,

do either of u know if Clomid lengthens your leutal phase or cylces? just wondering if it interfers with the cycle in anyway?

Hey hey! I am jealous, maybe I should travel to Canada for IVF. Seriously, even without the government assistance, it would be cheaper. I could use my flex spend for it. That's the other thing, if I can wait until the first of the year for IVF, dh and I could allocate our flex spends to it.

Pink, Chris77 just asked this question about Clomid to her FS. He responded back that it can lengthen your cycle, but that may be due to later O. He said if you had an HCG trigger shot, your cycle should not be lengthened. At least that is how I understand it.

I also cramped all through my clomid days...maybe that's a good sign for you as I had 3 mature follies. :)

Oh, I thought ovulation was a little crampy but not terrible. Pinching pains so not what I am used to. I have also felt crampy the second part of this cycle. I am at 8dpiu today.

I had extra cramping at O but nothing unmanagable at all. I got my AF today :( I just called the clinic to see if I still had to go in for my blood pregnancy test even though I'm not pregnant. God, I hope not. Good luck to both of you!!!!

Oh, Mama, I am sorry to hear this. Will you do IUI next cycle also? Here's to a new start!

I'm not sure. The Nurse said there's no point :( I'm at a loss of what to do.

oh mamamirf i'm so so sorry to hear that......has your Doc advised of what your next option would be?

have you considered / discussed ivf or are you wanting to hold off on that for a while? i wouldnt go off what the nurses say - i'd speak to your FS and see what he/she says....don't give up babe xo
:hugs:

Mama, I know it must be a difficult decision. We are right on the cusp of whether it is worth it to try another IUI cycle or not. With dh's 4.71 post wash...not the minimum 5MM

Thanks to both of you re: the Clomid Cramps update - i was beginning to stress out seeing i dont usually cramp throughout my cycle only a bit at ovulation....

sillygirl- Wow - 3 follies! It makes me feel better....when are you testing?

silly - i just saw your post - have u already tested this cycle?

Thanks girls, I think we are going to go ahead with another shot at IUI/Clomid. Since we met my hubby always said he would love to have a May baby. We are born 5 days apart in early May, anyway...I did the due date calculator for this cycle ad the baby would be due on my birthday. I'm going to give it everything we have this cycle, healthy healthy, vitamins, preseed, SMEP,Clomid, IUI and acupuncture. I'm also not telling anyone about what we are doing. Going to tell them w eare taking a break so I don't get asked daily if I'm pregnant. I'm really upset over it but I have to think positive and turn this around. DH's sperm count was only 800,000 post wash but maybe it was an off day? I meet the FS tomorrow to see what he suggests. Thanks for all the kind words xo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ashhmichelle
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->