clomid question

ttcbaby117

2016 forever baby crusade
Reaction score
hi everyone,

My dr wants to put me on clomid b/c my hubby and i have been trying for 6 months with no success. I am 34 so he says with my age that i should probably try it, eventhough i am ovulating. Also i have already had a vaginal myomectomy to re move 2 fibroids about 2 cm each and I do have ovarian cysts. My question is....what should I expect while I am on it. I would love to hear your experiences and success and failure stories.

Thanks!

I got a bfp 2 cycle of using it. I was ovulating too! You need a lot of tests before hand they normally dont just dish it out. XXX

I just finished my first cycle after trying for more than 2 years. I don't ovulate, so I can't really compare what will happen with you. We didn't have a bunch of tests done, though. Of course, I've been seeing my gyno for a long time through this ttc journey. Do you chart?

I have just been given clomid after ttc for 16months with only 11 cycles.. I had to have loads of tests done before being handed clomid.. These included loads of blood work, ultrasound scan, hsg, more blood work this took about 6 months and then i got 3 months of clomid and back in feb to see gyno

I finished last tablet yesterday and feel ok actually, which makes me wonder if thats a good or bad thing?
x

I didnt feel any side effects the second cycle at all, and I got bfp. The first cycle I was euphoric!

im currently on 2nd cycle of 50mg clomid days 2-6.....i appeared to be ovulating ok but my fs suggested clomid to try & give my only ovary a boost! Im really hoping i get my BFP & not a BFN xmas eve!! xx

I am currently on my first round of 50mg clomid CD2-6, just like you i already ovulate on my own. Had all the tests done possible and have very mild PCO, i mean very mild. I took my second tablet this moring and for a few hours after each tablet i have had head aches, other than that no symtpoms yet.
Hope it works for you,i know i have my hopes high that it will for me.
xxx

Hi, I'm on my second round of clomid 50mg 2-6, no side effects for me. I ovulate on my own just not very regularly! cycle lengths between 35 and 52 before clomid. On my first round I thought it was a miracle drug and I would def get my BFP - which sadly didn't happen, so this round I'm more realistic about it and not getting my hopes up too much because it's so much more disappointing when you have a BFN.

Really hope it works for you. xx

Sorry it wasnt successful on your first round Nicola. I think im the same, expecting it to be the answer and expecting my BFP straight away but i just know its not going to happen that easily. In fact i have no luck with TTC and not expecting it to happen at all. I was so positive before i started taking it and no i have just dont know where that hope has gone.

xxx

I have taken one round of 50mg Clomid after laparoscopy and ovarian drilling.
No side effects really, just that I did wake up in the middle of the night, which I never do. I found I was also hot in the night. Apart from that-nothing. Should be starting 2nd round about 23rd Dec, if i don't get BFP that is!!! xx

Good luck teeny weeny, let us know who you get on and if you get your :bfp: trying to stay positive myself. xx

Thanks honey, just to know i ovulated will bring a huge smile.... Thats what I'm aiming for at the moment, trying to take little steps and look for the positives.

xx

Hi there,

Im coming to the end of round 3 of clomid... 1st round I had visual disturbances, headaches, insomina, hot flushes and very tearful. However, this cycle I only had the hot flushes and insomnia.

Good luck hope that it works for you xx :dust:

thanks for all the feedback ladies. I live in the bahamas and my dr here (he is british) did not recommend any testing except for a scan. But i did consult with my dr in the US and she did recommend the bloodwork and HSG. I am scheduled for my trip over there in Feb where I can do the tests then. Thing is my dr here is willing to give it to me without all the testing. Do you think I should try it without all the testing?

Christel - Yes I have been charting for about 3 months now and in looking back I me and my hubby have not had sex the day before or the day of Ovulation. Seems we do it about 2 days early and it hasnt seemed to work. this month I did use a opk and it seems that we did it right before ovulation but I got my af today.....oh well....This ttc isnt as fun as I thought it was going to be.

Good luck to everyone...if you can please post me an update so I know if the clomid worked for you guys.

Thanks!!!!

I would recommend BDing everyday starting two days before you ovulate until two days after. From there every other day should cover it. I've read different things, but this is the advice I've read most as far as BDing is concerned. I hope this cycle brings you a BFP!!

I just been bedding from cd8 every other day until i find i ovulate, as i am using opks but no positive yet and its cd14 today gonna test ltr..
Still no EWCM tho so assume its not ovulating yet, so gonna keep going with the every other day nookie until a positive result on my opk..
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->