Clomid round 3 anyone else?

Noele-- When I did my trigger mine were all 20 and under this last time. I had actually wondered if my GYN hadn't waited to long each time to give me my shot and that's why I didn't get pregnant any of the times with the clomid, trigger, and IUI. You normally release the eggs about 24-36 hours after the shot. I'd say bd tonight and then every other day after that.

Cntrygrl- Do you know.. does the trigger shot make you release all the eggs on your ovaries or does it depend? I had a 27 and a 18 so I was hoping between those two I might have a good chance. I read a study I found yesterday that had 1500 women who took both Clomid or Femara (the study was to find out with average size of follies resulted in the most pregnancies) the results of the studies were that the most common sizes of follies that resulted in pregnancy was between 24.5 & 28mm. Reading that made me feel a little better because most of what I read on these sites all the women say anything over 25mm is too big and that it is a cyst. But who knows I'm sure it is just different for everyone. Ok just hoping if there is truth to my 27mm being too big that I will still have a chance with the 18mm.

Noele-- You release all mature eggs. So even your 11 & 14 could've gotten a boost from the trigger shot to grow. They would release also. That's why they were worried even about the ones that I had that were at 9mm. There still could have been a follicle in them.

Thanks Cntrygrl! I get so confused with all this stuff. Lol Holy cow I can't believe you are almost 12 weeks along already! That is crazy :) I saw it in your signature.

That has gone quick cntrygrl, when is the next scan?

Noele, sounds like you have a really good chance this cycle with your follicles, I have everything crossed for you, next bfp coming up! Hoping we all have a bfp for 2014

Cntrygrl- Do you know.. does the trigger shot make you release all the eggs on your ovaries or does it depend? I had a 27 and a 18 so I was hoping between those two I might have a good chance. I read a study I found yesterday that had 1500 women who took both Clomid or Femara (the study was to find out with average size of follies resulted in the most pregnancies) the results of the studies were that the most common sizes of follies that resulted in pregnancy was between 24.5 & 28mm. Reading that made me feel a little better because most of what I read on these sites all the women say anything over 25mm is too big and that it is a cyst. But who knows I'm sure it is just different for everyone. Ok just hoping if there is truth to my 27mm being too big that I will still have a chance with the 18mm.

If it makes you feel better. I've always had 5-6 eggs in every treatment I've done, and my follicles were between 14-20 being my biggest. The trigger shot forces you to ovulate and release any that are mature. My doctor considers anything 18 or over as mature.

Hi Noele0002, and all Ladies!

I too am new to this forum! I have been TTC since my ectopic pregnancy last year in April. I am also on my third month of clomid/fertomid, although i had a month break last month. Currently going through 2WW, and 5 DPO. This waiting game is driving me nuts!!! Just needed a place to talk to ladies that understand what I'm going through?

x x x

I should probably change my ticker since they moved my due date to October 14th. I'm 12 weeks today. My next scan isn't until the gender scan. I opted out of the Nuchal test and the blood work testing since things can come back with false positives and it would just cause me more worry. It has been great having my own fetal doppler at home. I get to check on baby when ever I want.

Welcome how,good luck with this cycle, your in the right place as we understand what you are dealing with

Cntrygrl, you have the same due date as my sister! She had a scan last week and has been put back 2 weeks so must have ovulated late so thats why she was getting negatives for 2 weeks, she had a 3d scan booked for 16 weeks so has postponed that as was planning on findingbout the sex
So now theres 2 reasons to look forward to the 14th October!

Thank you for the warm welcome Star, and CONGRATS to your sister!
A big congratulations to Cntrygrl as well! I am hoping that the rest of us get a BFP soon *fingers crossed*...

Howarthhopes- Welcome :) Good luck this cycle! Yes the waiting game drives us all nuts lol I think I am 1dpo this cycle and I am already super impatient...

Cntrygrl- That would be so reassuring to have one of those dopplers. Ps. Your duedate is my god sons birthday :) So I guess that day truely is a special day!!

Star- Your appointment is less than a week away :) I am getting super excited for you!!

Ok ladies.... I HAVE just one more question about the trigger shot lol! Shouldn't I have had a positive opk yet? I am 48 hours past the trigger shot and I still have a negative opk? Also, my temp barely rose today... The nurse who gave me the shot told my I might get some cramps when I release the 27mm follie but I haven't had any cramps. No positive opk. And no significant temp rise yet. I don't know if I should count yesterday as ovulation day or today?

Noele-- I would call the dr. they should be able to test if the trigger shot took or not. You may need another or a higher dose.

I am pretty sure we did 10,000 unit/Ovidrel? Not entirely positive. Isn't 10,000 units the highest? That's the highest I've ever seen anyone talk about anyways. I might call. I will keep you updated on what I find out.

On another note? Since I've been reading a lot of the hCG trigger shot I've cane across many articles that suggests the hCG shot can work for men too to improve their sperm count, quality, motility, morphology and etc... Have you heard this before? I definitely want to look more into this! My dh SAs have been ok but definitely not super great.

Hi Noele,

Thank you for your warm welcome! Just some advice on your DH SA's. I went for IUI in February, and they tested my DH, and although everything seemed fine, the doctors said that it could be better. I'm not sure about the HCG shots, but when my FS put me on Clmid/Fertomid, he also recommend that my DH also take them to increase his sperm count, quality, motility and morphology. He has been taking 25mg for 25 days. It apparently does no harm, but can help where help is needed. It also doesn't cost a lot. Just a suggestion?

x x x

Howarthhopes- Thanks! I am thinking if this cycle doesn't work than I want to ask our doc about anything dh can take to help. I will bring it up :)

Noele-- Take a cheap dollar store pregnancy test. If you don't get a positive it means the shot didn't work and left your system or that it wasn't administered properly. I would then call the dr. to ask about getting another.

With the trigger shot you should get false positives for at least 5-6 days

Cntrygrl- I have been testing the trigger out since the day after I had the shot. So yes I have been getting positive hpts so I know the shot is in my system and worked. I was concerned because I wasn't getting positive opks or a temp rise so I didn't know how to confirm ovulation let alone what day I ovulated. But this morning I had a good temp rise and a very positive opk so I'm thinking I ovulated yesterday which would put me closer to the 48 hour mark after the shot. I am feeling much better about it now. I think it was just something new and I didn't quite understand when I was supposed to ovulate or how to figure out when I ovulated.

How is everyone doing??

I am (I think) 1dpo today/ CD 16 so obviously nothing really going on yet. This is going to be a long 2 weeks. I'm going to do my best not to symptom spot but sometimes it's so hard not to.

Completely hard not to symptom spot. Don't worry I was still having all my pre-AF symptoms after finding out I was pregnant. The cramping and backache.

Thanks Cntrygrl!! I appreciate all of your insight and advice more than you know :) It's definitely reassuring to hear you still had pre-AF symptoms and still got your bfp that way I won't feel completely out if I start getting my usual pms.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->