Clomid then LOWERED progesterone levels?

GirlTraveler

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new here. Former lurker, now posting. Didn't we all start that way? Lol. Sorry if I don't use all the abbreviations.
Basics: Husband and I are both 39, married last year, ttc over a year. Diagnosed as unexplained infertility 6 months ago (all the standard testing). Rushing everything because we're so old. :flower: I'm one of those "clockwork" women. 28 day cycles are never even a day off, always ovulate on CD 12, etc. Progesterone levels always well within normal ranges.

RE started me on 100mg Clomid for this cycle. I ovulated a full week late (CD 19), and had my first IUI that day. They had me come in for a progesterone blood test yesterday, and it was very low at 6.2. The nurse (who's been the RE's nurse for years) was incredulous. Said she'd never seen Clomid do that (i.e. cause ovulation to be so late and then see such low progesterone levels). Side note: My gosh the bloating was fierce! Couldn't button my pants all week!

So: Has anyone experienced or heard of anyone else experiencing a big drop in progesterone after being on Clomid? And what did your RE say/do about it?

Positive fertility thoughts to all of you, and thank you.

I'm not sure about the lower progesterone level, did you have one checked on an unmedicated cycle?

Cd19 ovulation is normal for clomid. My doctor told me that 18 to 23 is usually when clomid cycles ovulate. And my 3 of my 4 clomid cycles were all within that range (the 4th my follicles were too small so I was cancelled on cd18)

Thank you for the input! I had no idea that such a late O date on Clomid was normal. That makes me feel a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->