Clomid Virgin....Team Destined 4 Success!

Well finally came on properly so was able to start the clomid. Taken 2nd tablet today. Feel awful as having a bad period anyway. Headache also.... How is anybody else getting on with clomid. XX

Hi Beanwood,

i dont know much about the the pill...i have a great buddy and she told me to take the pills at night to avoid as much side effects as possible - so i've been pretty good on it. I take my last pill tonight before bed....

i havent had any side effects - thank goodness - just the occassional mild headache and a bit crampy on and off throughout my cycle...

i don't know what to expect around ovulation?

Right now I 'm on cycle day 11. I took my clomid cycle days 5-9. I just about had no noticeable symptoms. But the last couple days as I am hopefully nearing ovulation, I am just so crampy, on both sides (like the kind you get with pms but more constant). I am also very irritable:growlmad:. Seems crazy that I didn't really feel anything during the clomid and now I am feeling everything. I can totally feel my ovaries doing something. :wacko:

Fingers Crossed For Us All:dust:

hi hopefulchick,

i haven't had major issues with the clomid so far either- a few cramps here and there but nothing major so far...but now i'm absolutely dredding ovulation - not looking forward to the major cramps... how long have you been cramping for?

hi hopefulchick,

i haven't had major issues with the clomid so far either- a few cramps here and there but nothing major so far...but now i'm absolutely dredding ovulation - not looking forward to the major cramps... how long have you been cramping for?

Like you I had a few little twinges while taking the clomid. My last pill of clomid was Friday and sure enough I have been cramping since then.:growlmad: The good side is that my opk's are getting darker!!!:happydance: I am just so excited about that because I have NEVER gotten a positive one before! I think I can handle just about any kind of cramp if its going to help me O!! I have been testing twice a day. I guess because I have never gotten a second line before, so now that I have, I am getting kinda addicted to testing.:test: LOL! Do you have ovulation issues also?

Hi Beanwood,

i dont know much about the the pill...i have a great buddy and she told me to take the pills at night to avoid as much side effects as possible - so i've been pretty good on it. I take my last pill tonight before bed....

i havent had any side effects - thank goodness - just the occassional mild headache and a bit crampy on and off throughout my cycle...

i don't know what to expect around ovulation?

Thanks for the advice about the time to take clomid. I am taking it in the morning this time. If I have to have another round though will try that instead.

I didn't think about symptoms after taking clomid but when you think about it makes sense really. X

Hey guys,
Beanwood hope your head is better now!! I had my first ever migraine whilst taking clomid :(
Im on cd12 today and looks like ov is gonna happen!! I have EWCM!! Woo!! My opk is neg butquite dark and temp dipped a lot today so fxed!! xx

Hey guys,
Beanwood hope your head is better now!! I had my first ever migraine whilst taking clomid :(
Im on cd12 today and looks like ov is gonna happen!! I have EWCM!! Woo!! My opk is neg butquite dark and temp dipped a lot today so fxed!! xx

Fx for you dreamofabean!!! :happydance:Looks like we are on the same cycle day!! I am on CD12 also! This is my first cycle doing BBT. I also had a temp dip this morning but wasn't sure what to make of it, I guess that is a good thing??:shrug:
FX for all of us:flower:

hi hopefulchick,

Like you I had a few little twinges while taking the clomid. My last pill of clomid was Friday and sure enough I have been cramping since then.:growlmad: The good side is that my opk's are getting darker!!!:happydance: I am just so excited about that because I have NEVER gotten a positive one before! I think I can handle just about any kind of cramp if its going to help me O!! I have been testing twice a day. I guess because I have never gotten a second line before, so now that I have, I am getting kinda addicted to testing.:test: LOL! Do you have ovulation issues also?

Hey chick, no i don't have ovulation issues...my husband has a low sperm count of 15mill and my FS said we should try Clomid to enhance my ovulation (prob produce 2 or 3 eggs) and give the :spermy: a better target...i guess 2 is better than 1....

i finished my last pill last night so now i just need to ensure we :sex: every
2nd day -don't want to miss any opportunities. I also bought pre-seed just incase the clomid dries my cm - i heard it can do that?!

i hope the clomid definately helps you out this cycle - i'm assuming you are using the clomid to ovulate?

good luck babe, and keep us posted xoxo

Thanks Dreamofabean. Yeah my headache has finally gone. Was starting to worry. Only 2more days of clomid and then we can start. Good luck to you all who are hopingto ovulate now. X

Hey chick, no i don't have ovulation issues...my husband has a low sperm count of 15mill and my FS said we should try Clomid to enhance my ovulation (prob produce 2 or 3 eggs) and give the :spermy: a better target...i guess 2 is better than 1....

i finished my last pill last night so now i just need to ensure we :sex: every
2nd day -don't want to miss any opportunities. I also bought pre-seed just incase the clomid dries my cm - i heard it can do that?!

i hope the clomid definately helps you out this cycle - i'm assuming you are using the clomid to ovulate?

good luck babe, and keep us posted xoxo[/QUOTE]

Yes hopefully Clomid will get you lots of eggs! I am not familiar with sperm counts but 15 million sounds like plenty:thumbup:FX for you.
I am definitely using clomid to ovulate. I got two positive opks yesterday. I have never gotten a positive from anything so I felt on top of the world :cloud9:but I guess that is only half the battle, right? I bought some preseed yesterday because I have noticed a slight difference in my CM. Unfortunately, my hubby works as a conductor for the railroad and is only home every other day. So couldn't BD yesterday:nope: but we did on Friday and Sunday and we will today. I hope that is going to be sufficient enough. Anyone else having trouble scheduling BD?
FX :flower:

OOoh its great youre getting positive hun!! Mine arent + yet but have ewcm so hopefully will be soon! We've been BDing every other day and will switch to every day once i get a +! x

Yes hopefully Clomid will get you lots of eggs! I am not familiar with sperm counts but 15 million sounds like plenty:thumbup:FX for you.
I am definitely using clomid to ovulate. I got two positive opks yesterday. I have never gotten a positive from anything so I felt on top of the world :cloud9:but I guess that is only half the battle, right? I bought some preseed yesterday because I have noticed a slight difference in my CM. Unfortunately, my hubby works as a conductor for the railroad and is only home every other day. So couldn't BD yesterday:nope: but we did on Friday and Sunday and we will today. I hope that is going to be sufficient enough. Anyone else having trouble scheduling BD?
FX :flower:[/QUOTE]

Hi Yeah to trouble scheduling BD. Have a 2 kids that won't go to bed.
Finally fell asleep at 9.00 so managed to start bd tonight. Early on in cycle I know (only took last tablet today). Thought practise won't hurt though. How are you girls getting on? X

i too am a clomid virgin. So much so that i am going to sound reallt thick now but how is it prescribed? I have never been given the option or talked about that being an option by my GP if that's where you get it from??

I hate to sound silly but i have to ask these questions as my GP not that helpful. I have also just posted another thread in more detail about our situation but can you request clomid or metformin? which is the best? and is there any reasons you may not be prescribed it i.e weight, lenghth of ttc, periods heavy etc??

i too am a clomid virgin. So much so that i am going to sound reallt thick now but how is it prescribed? I have never been given the option or talked about that being an option by my GP if that's where you get it from??

I hate to sound silly but i have to ask these questions as my GP not that helpful. I have also just posted another thread in more detail about our situation but can you request clomid or metformin? which is the best? and is there any reasons you may not be prescribed it i.e weight, lenghth of ttc, periods heavy etc??

Hi Just read your other post also. I also get discharge dark brown slowly turning to red for about 5 days. I have had no explanation from doc as to possible causes of this though. Annoying though cause you feel like you are on period for about 10 days) Unlike you I do not have anything that i have been diagnosed with, other than not ovulating. We have been trying for a 3rd for 20 months now and this is my first month using clomid. The consultant mentioned it to me as a possibility but before they would give it to me they checked a couple of other things first. I had to have a hsg and my hsuband had a sperm analysis. That process took about 2 months. When these came back ok (Well my husbands sa was a bit low) they offered me the clomid. Given your history though I would just go ahead an ask about it.

Not sure if this will help you at all but thats how i ended up with clomid.
Good luck to you. X

Hey BEANWOOD,

Thank you very much for your reply. Yes that was very helpful indeed and yes i do get the dark brown turning to red discharge a few days before, it is horrible and yes you do feel like you on for abt 10 days well in actual fact i suppose you are as you or i won't lol ttc while this is happening and you still have to wear a towel or tampon to soak it up!! Hate it lol.

Also in answer to one of your posts above we too have problems timing ttc exactly around ov and it gives me a headache! My partner works night at least 2-3 nights a week and i work till 6 daily so for those 2-3 days we are like passing ships. My friends say maybe that's why we not achieved pregnancy but i don't believe that coz sure all the other times we ttc should count for something, right??
Think i will go back my Dr after we get my partners results and see what happens x x Good luck with everything x

Beanwood- It wouldn't hurt to start early. I took my last pill on Friday and had a positive opk on Monday. I got a positive quicker than I expected! Especially if your having "scheduling" issues like me. :wacko:

Butterfly- I read your earlier post. Would you consider going to another GYN to seek help? Especially if you have been diagnosed with PCOS and your doc does not seem concerned. I am sure they can help you with something. I had to seek help from a different GYN because I felt my old one was not too concerned. He wanted to put me on birth control and come back in a year? Was he serious??:dohh: That was the exact opposite of what I wanted. I like an aggressive doctor, know what I mean?:thumbup:

Dreamofabean- How's the OPK's coming along for you? FX:thumbup:

As For Me- My hubby is not taking to well to timed intercourse:nope: I am really trying not to stress about it. Hope it happens this cycle so I don't have to worry about it. He's really feeling the pressure :dohh:

:dust:

Hi Hopefulchick Timed intercourse is hard on both of you I think. I feel like I am putting pressure on my husband. Shouldn't be like that but after a length of time it is unavoidable. (It think may not be the case for everybody - sorry if it isn't)

Let me know how you are getting on.

Good luck X

Dreamofabean - how are you getting along. X

Yes, I feel the same way :nope: I want to have him involved and aware of the process but that seems to be working against us because I know he feels the pressure and the last thing I want to do is pressure him:dohh:

Thanks for listening to me babble:hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->