Clomid when already ovulating

Justhoping, I agree with you. I think any medicated IUI/IVF works in the same way even worse because they make you produce not 2-3 eggs like chlomid but 15-20 so basically one IVF attempt may use up your annual egg reserve...

Ladies, I just wanted to correct myself, I have spoken to my FS since posting this and apparently IVF does not use up your egg reserve because every cycle our ovaries produce several follicles – all potential eggs but later only one of them is allowed to develop and others vanish, but IVF meds work in a way that they allow these other follicles to develop as well so you should not be worse off after IVF.

my FS did not put me on clomid cos I have ovarian cysts.

Well I have low reserve and it is actually from clomid......

Like i said most doctors deny it and make up so ho ha story....

but it does exsist.....and it stinks..

This is from my own 4 ob's and my RE. Im guessing once the problem is there , there is no denying it...

but they do many tests to actually find that out....

I did 6 rounds, I used 50 mg, 100 mg and 150...

The other lady knows of it as well...I dont think we made it up....

im not saying you made anything up either...im just saying it is out there....

its just not talked about because its such a used medication and god forbid anything like that go around to people....they would stop purchasing the drug....

Justhoping, thanks! I really do not know the right answer it's probably both, I am still trying to get my head around IVF and cant make this decision. I've always been scared of the meds they are using because of how they may affect our bodies but my FS' explanation did make sense to me. I am sure there is so much more that we do not know about these meds though. it's a huge risk and clomid/IVF etc should not be taken lightly that's for sure

I don't understand how clomid would depleat your egg reserve quicker, honestly. I'm not saying it's not true - I don't understand how that would be possible for everyone. I have PCOS and I am on clomid and I only create one follical every month. I have ultrasounds done every cycle to pinpoint when I should take my trigger shot - so I don't think clomid does that for everyone. I wasn't having any follicles grow that were viable at all before, and now I have 1 a month ... so I don't see how it could be hurting anything. So maybe that isn't the case for everyone.

Clomid is the best thing that's ever happened to me. I am not pregnant yet, but I am finally ovulating. So, I don't know what it could do for someone who is already ovulating - but I would do it. Maybe not for 6 cycles, but 3 for sure!

Justhoping, thanks! I really do not know the right answer it's probably both, I am still trying to get my head around IVF and cant make this decision. I've always been scared of the meds they are using because of how they may affect our bodies but my FS' explanation did make sense to me. I am sure there is so much more that we do not know about these meds though. it's a huge risk and clomid/IVF etc should not be taken lightly that's for sure

no it shouldnt be, that doesnt mean dont take it..
it does help people..
not all but some...and to me that is great...

just wanted everyone to know the risks, someone asked the risks....so i told them one i definetly know of.....
even if most doctors do not let you know about this one sometimes till its to late...and it may not happen to everyone but it does happen more then most are even aware about...

I know this is an old thread, but like others on here i wanted to resurrect it. I've been ttc for almost 2 years now and have just been prescribed clomid 50mg d2-6 for three months. i'm 29 DH is 47 so we want to get things going, we weren't expecting to take this long. DH has children from a previous marriage and i have had all the tests, i showed that i ovulated, the scan showed an enlarged overy which may or may not be PSOC as they couldn't see any other indications. All hormones came back perfect and it showed i olvulate. though my cycle can be anything from 26-38 days. i have been using OPK and getting positives around day 11-13 but no luck as yet. DH test came back as super man sperm (sorry if tmi) We are really hoping the clomid works, and at this stage anything is worth trying. im just worried it wont. just wanted a little reassurance.

I know this is an old thread, but since it's been resurrected...

I just stumbled across this thread, but I wanted to throw this out there: if you are prescribed clomid but already ovulate on your own, PLEASE take a pregnancy test EVERY SINGLE CYCLE before you start clomid. I was told there was no way I'd ever get pregnant on my own with a 6-8 day LP, and even had progesterone tests (which the timing must have been off on, since my cycles are irregular) which showed I hadn't ovulated. So I was told to take a round of clomid, and discovered after the fact that I was already pregnant when I took it. My implantation bleeding was so similar to a period that we never suspected. Since clomid is a category X drug, it made the beginning of my pregnancy very stressful. As far as we know, everything is fine and it didn't hurt the baby, but I wanted to share my story in the hopes that it prevents someone else from having to go through that stress.

Good luck, all! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->