Clomid when already ovulating

I O regularly but I have only one working tube because the other is blocked. If i don't get my BFP this cycle I will start clomid the first week of May. Nervous.

I O regularly but I have only one working tube because the other is blocked. If i don't get my BFP this cycle I will start clomid the first week of May. Nervous.

I'm starting soon for the first time also!

Spockette - have you done Clomid before? Good luck with your tests, I just went through a bunch of that.

Hi hon,

Sorry, just saw your post :dohh:

I have never done Clomid before so it will be interesting to see if I'm prescribed this before anything more invasive. I know it's not ideal but I am willing to try anything.
I have my HSG on Wednesday and I am petrified. I'm shaking from now. I think it's the fear of the unknown and the results :shrug: I really hate all this.

Good luck with the Clomid and really hope it does the trick :winkwink:

Xxx

This is my second cycle of clomid and it hasn't gone well at all for me. I ovulate normally but I do so late in my cycle with a short luteal phase. My first cycle on clomid was fine and dandy. I felt great. But it didn't make me ovulate any earlier and as far as I can tell had no effect at all. This cycle was rough. On CD11 I had this ungodly sharp stabbing pain that almost sent me to the ER. Eventually it went away. I thought because of the pain that I would ovulate early this month but instead at CD28 I still haven't ovulated so as far as I can tell clomid had the reverse effect on me. Oh and I added extreme moodiness and hot flashes to my clomid symptoms. Needless to say I won't be taking it next month. I hope you have a better experience than myself.

Hey im suffering secondary infertility, All tests clear and nothing wrong but have been prescribed clomid anyways to start next cycle. I usually have regular cycles and O naturally every month! xx

Good luck Youngmama! I did 2 cycles of it and I'm done. The first cycle was wonderful and the second was terrible. I still haven't gotten my period and I'm not sure if I ever ovulated. I'm on cd38 which is 4 days longer than my LONGEST cycle. AF is no where is sight. I blame clomid because I had extremely regular cycles before this. Now my body is freaking out. But many women have positive experiences on clomid.

I have heard that clomid can cause ovarian cysts. I have these cysts from time to time so may be that's why my FS did not even offer clomid to us as an option

Maybe you're right!

As for me, it looks like I must have ovulated eventually because today I got the faintest of faintest lines on my FRER. I'm cautiously excited. I still hate clomid and I'm not sure if I can attribute this to it.

I have very regular cycles (28-30days) and my dr. prescribed Clomid to me. This was the first cycle 50mg CD 5-9. I had an HSG in Feb. and it showed that one tube "is likely" blocked, but the other is 100% clear. So, Doc decided to try Clomid to stimulate my ovaries in hopes that both sides (or at least the good side) would produce eggs. I went in for my CD14 ultrasound and found that both sides had responded, but the blocked side responded "better". :/

Ovulation was a little late this month (CD 16 or so), but all of the signs were there, so I know I did ovulate (as I do every month). I'm keeping my fingers crossed in hopes that both ovaries let the eggs go or MAYBE the right side isn't totally blocked...

But, assuming it didn't happen, I'm supposed to call Doc on CD 1 and he'll re prescribe for the next cycle.

i was on it nearly 20 years ago for several rounds..

there is one down side to it that nobody talks about..

depleating your eggs early..... as it tends to give you more egg follicals then normally would have.....and you are born with all you will ever have.....so forcing them out sooner then they would come out.....

I have a depleated researve because of that and that is one of my problems now....

I just thought I would mention that as it isnt talked or mentioned about much and alot of doctors even deny it :(

Justhoping, I agree with you. I think any medicated IUI/IVF works in the same way even worse because they make you produce not 2-3 eggs like chlomid but 15-20 so basically one IVF attempt may use up your annual egg reserve...

im starting clomid 50mg as soon as my period gets here .. due to unexplained infertility ..

people think oh its awsome theres nothing wrong with either of you .. true but its just hard now cause its like they dont know what it is ? the dr told us my husband is a sperm facility and im an egg bank .. all test are perfect . im scared that clomid wont work , im scared that it might screw me up in some way ? im really nervous

im starting clomid 50mg as soon as my period gets here .. due to unexplained infertility ..

people think oh its awsome theres nothing wrong with either of you .. true but its just hard now cause its like they dont know what it is ? the dr told us my husband is a sperm facility and im an egg bank .. all test are perfect . im scared that clomid wont work , im scared that it might screw me up in some way ? im really nervous

I could of written this myself. Unexplained fertility, all perf with me and hubby. I just started clomid last night and am scared it might make things worse for me instead of better, like it might throw my cycles off track completely.

Good luck to you.

xx

That's what I'm worried about as well :/
What if it makes things worse and messes everything up
How are you feeling so far ?
I'll most likely be starting sometime this week I can feel the freaking af
Cramps
I hope it works for both you and I
Good luck hunn

That's what I'm worried about as well :/
What if it makes things worse and messes everything up
How are you feeling so far ?
I'll most likely be starting sometime this week I can feel the freaking af
Cramps
I hope it works for both you and I
Good luck hunn

I took it at night as i've heard its best to take it then to avoid any side effects. I had a very restless night but im not sure if that was linked at all. Im feeling okay, no different really. So far so good :D.

I hope it works for us too. :happydance:

when I took it I really didnt have any effects, eccept bad pinching when I was supposed to O....I guess it was my Overies trying to get the engine started..:)

Justhoping, I agree with you. I think any medicated IUI/IVF works in the same way even worse because they make you produce not 2-3 eggs like chlomid but 15-20 so basically one IVF attempt may use up your annual egg reserve...

Ladies, I just wanted to correct myself, I have spoken to my FS since posting this and apparently IVF does not use up your egg reserve because every cycle our ovaries produce several follicles – all potential eggs but later only one of them is allowed to develop and others vanish, but IVF meds work in a way that they allow these other follicles to develop as well so you should not be worse off after IVF.

my FS did not put me on clomid cos I have ovarian cysts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->