clomid

S

stargirl69

Do doctors only prescribe this after 12 months of ttc?

I came off the pill in January and ovulate very late in cycle - according to the net - likely to have a chemical pregnancy or miscarriage. I am not ttc yet, but anticipate having problems. I have tried ac and am also going to try other things in hope of bringing around earlier ovulation.

But if I go to the doctor will he tell me I have to wait a full 12 months of trying before prescribing anything?

This is just a general question. I'm not going to go to the doctors yet but am thinking that if I try for a few months and I'm still ovulating way late I might. But I don't want to if they'll just tell me to come back after ttc for 12 months.

Any ideas?

TIA

I think vitamin B6 helps lengthen your luteal phase. How long to you get between ovulation and AF?

i think if you can show your doctor your charts, they can see where you stand & it may get things moving a bit quicker for you :)
xx

I think vitamin B6 helps lengthen your luteal phase. How long to you get between ovulation and AF?

Last cycle I ovulated on cd24 and had a 11 day luteal phase but was turning pinkish the evening before so possibly 10 day luteal phase.

Going to try taking that this cycle and also a pre-conception multi-vitamin.

pre-conception multi-vitamin.
What vitamins would u advise? x

i was actually just doing a little research on Clomid and I was wondering how long you were ttc before it was prescribed?

I am only going on my 5 month off TTC, but I have my annual pap in October and just want to be prepared with questions if I dont have my bean yet :baby:

i was actually just doing a little research on Clomid and I was wondering how long you were ttc before it was prescribed?

Haha! This is just about the best question I've gotten to answer!

I was TTC for precisely ZERO months when it was prescribed! Awesome, huh?

I met my current OB/GYN in May of this year. I told her going in that we wanted to conceive in the near future. She told me to take 6 months to lose weight, and we'd talk about TTC if no :bfp: by then.

I went in July, and thought I might be pregnant... NTNP as usual. I'd had 3 faint positives and no AF. Bloods were negative. It remains unconfirmed, but I'm certain it was a chemical... and my doc agrees that it's likely.

When the negative blood test came back, she gave me a Clomid prescription. I was shocked! Who gets Clomid on their first proper month of TTC? It ended up being the strangest cycle EVER! So, I went to report back the other day, and.... despite having refilled my Clomid script... she decides, since no :bfp: on our first month, to refer me to a local fertility clinic. :shrug:

I'm very confused by all of this, as it breaks almost all protocol! Usually, you are supposed to try for 1 year naturally if the woman is younger than 35 years, and 6 months if 35 years or older. Then Clomid is the next step for 3 or 6 cycles (if no :bfp: first)... THEN fertility clinic!

I'm hoping she is just too busy to give me the proper attention... and she knows I want quick results. I stress and worry that she thinks I'm a lost cause and wrote me off! :(

If you really want to speed things up... though this isn't quite "right"... tell the doc you tried for year and VIOLA! Clomid! :) (I did not do this, btw... just happened that way!)

I was prescribed Clomid after 6 months TTC. I had known from the beginning that it would be difficult for me, and so after 3 months I asked for and got a T21 test. The test confirmed that my progesterone was low and I was probably not ovulating. I went back again 2 months later, had the same test doen again, and again progesterone was low. So the doctor prescribed clomid.

I think that if you see your doctor and calmly explain your concerns and ask for tests to check if you're ovulating, there's no reason why they won't do it. They're unlikely to prescribe clomid without first doing the tests, so get that done and go on from there.

luckies.
I've been ttc 14 mo and my doc hasn't seen me yet for fertility. I'm on a waiting list.

*military medical* what can I say. ugh!

I am starting in sept, after 6 mths since ectopic. I def ovulate its just to make me ov on the good side. Good luck. XX

I am starting in sept, after 6 mths since ectopic. I def ovulate its just to make me ov on the good side. Good luck. XX

Do they prescribe clomid to help you ovulate earlier? I ovulate every cycle and have lots of ewm etc and temp rise but ovulate very late. Would clomid help with this?

My cycles are really messed up I'm on CD18 and have not ovulated but my cycles are usuall only 25 days. So either I am having a longer than normal cycle and will ovulate late or I'm not going to ovulate at all. Only time will tell! To be honest as long as I ovulate and am in with a chance of getting pregnant I don't mind if it happens late. Your LP is a bit on the short side but 10 days should be fine, mine is the same. I have started to take B50 complex this cycle to see if it lengthens it a bit.

I know doctors say 12 months of TTC naturally but if you chart etc and recognise a problem they should help earlier. Obviously if you didn't ovulate at all there would be Jo point trying for 1 year. It's goodthat you do ovulate and have a temp rise etc even if it is late in your cycle. I seen a post on here about soy isoflavones which are supposed to be 'natures clomid' and have decided I might take them next cycle to see if I ovulate sooner.

Do they prescribe clomid to help you ovulate earlier? I ovulate every cycle and have lots of ewm etc and temp rise but ovulate very late. Would clomid help with this?

Clomid can help you to ovulate early. It's generally taken CD1-5, CD3-7, or CD5-9. More often than not, O is 5-9 days after the last pill is taken. So, most who take it will O by CD15, CD17, or CD18. The earlier you take the pills; the earlier you should O.

I have read a few cases where women didn't O until later in the cycle... one was as late as CD25 or CD28, but she did conceive that cycle. :shrug:

Your doc definitely might give you Clomid to move your O date up! :)

Good luck, girls! I'm on my 2nd dose of Clomid cycle #2 today!

If you really want to speed things up... though this isn't quite "right"... tell the doc you tried for year and VIOLA! Clomid! :) (I did not do this, btw... just happened that way!)

Thanks for sharing your experience!

And I may fudge a little bit if I am still not pregnant by October... maybe add a few months of TTC ( I dont feel that guilty about that.. being we were only using the withdraw method for 6 months prior to officially TTC and we were not always very good abotu it :winkwink:)

:dust:

See? That 6 months... that was trying! :) LOL

I'm hoping I can post a Clomid success story soon, so that you all will have an even better reason to believe in it! :) Oh, Clomid... bring me a :bfp:! It's for the inspiration of the group! COMPLETELY SELFLESS! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->