Number 3 on the way!
Reaction score
So far my Cloth Diaper Stash is:

5 newborn all in one diapers
5 newborn pockets with 8 inserts
22 One Size Fits All Pocket diapers with 27 inserts
1 pair training pants
1 wet bag.

With any luck the one size ones will fit him soon after birth, but I have read from other Moms that sometimes they don't fit until 3 months or so! I think I will wait until after Ian is born before I buy any more. That way I will know what works for us and what we like and such.

What do you think? Should I get more now??

I bought 17 newborn Fuzzibunz to use at the beginning. I hear a lot of leaking happens with one size because baby's legs are often too thin to take up enough room in the leg holes.

Ahh thanks northern that makes sense. I guess there IS a reason for different sizes hahaha I've been thinking like why even bother?!

A lot of people use sposies for the first couple of months, we did with my son then cloth starting about 4 months old because of it being hard to fit one size on a newborn. I have a newborn stash this time around, I think I have 24 diapers which should get me through 2 days. The only issue with your newborn stash kajastarlight is you only have enough for one day (on average). Newborns go through A LOT of diapers (10-12 a day) so you'll have to wash them every day. You are right that it's a good idea to wait and see how what you have fits. My son has very narrow hips and we had a really hard time with a lot of the onesize dipes that we got. Rental programs are a great idea to try out different brands and could help fill out your stash until you know what you want to buy. :thumbup:

Sounds like you barely have enough for one day, if you're lucky. From what I've heard, unless you have a really big baby, the one size won't fit for awhile, so if you want to exclusively cloth diaper, you'll want to at least double your newborn stash. If you don't want to pay too much for AIOs and pockets, prefolds are much more affordable - you could get a dozen or so prefolds and maybe 3 covers, and that should get you a second day. The prefolds make great burp cloths later, too, or can be folded and used as inserts in your one size pockets. I've heard Thirsties small covers are good because they fit most newborns but last a little longer than the really tiny newborn covers.

As others mentioned, you may want some more NB! We had disposables on hand too, so used those until the cord fell off and her legs got a little more chunky, lol.

I would also recommend getting at least 1-2 more wet bags. I have a lot, haha. I have three big ones and two travel size. Once they start solids and you have to shake and spray its nice to have one in the bedroom and bathroom. I have an extra for when one is in the wash too. Same with travel size, I have one to use while the other is washing!

Good luck :) it is so worth it!

Thanks ladies!!
I have nothing to go on but a hunch and the fact that I am so big.... but I really have a feeling that my LO is going to be a bigger baby and that is why I am kinda reluctant to get more newborn sizes.... but I could be just big and he is not!! LOL

I think I am going to wait for me shipment of newborn pockets to come in before I decide how many more and of what kind I want to get. I would be OK with it if we had to use some disposables in the begining.

I actually am planning on laundry every day while I am on maternity leave and while I decide what ones I like the most to order more, but sounds like wet bags are one of those things that it is good just have a new extras!

As long as you're ok with a few days of disposables, I think waiting to see what size he is makes sense.

I haven't bought mine yet, they are sitting in an online cart ready to go though. Im using fitteds, and I am getting the osocozy brand. They have organic and bamboo options. Im ordering 25 (I may up that to 30) and then im ordering 3 newborn covers and 5 next size up covers as that will then grow with them. Im getting the blueberry brand covers. Im also using an organic disposable for the meconium stage and for going out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->