Cloth diaper strike??

too_scared

Finn's mommy <3
Reaction score
Is there any hope?? Silly kiddo is not letting me put him in cloth anymore. :cry: I don't know what is going on. I am using flats with a fleece liner and a cover. There are no marks or anything on him when I take them off so I don't think he is having any issues with pain from pinching or anything.

He just seems to be in a place where he wants to dictate everything. Maybe he doesn't want to lay down long enough to get cloth on. I don't know.

I hate it. He gets rashes from disposables. :(

sorry I don't have any experience with this exactly, but I do also have a little girl who likes to have it her way. Have you tried giving him choices? Are the diaper covers different? Maybe you could let him choose. I find that works well when my lo doesn't want to get dressed.

I've tried letting him choose but it's the inside layer he won't let me put on. I let him choose a fitted rather than a flat (fitteds sometimes do leave little marks on his hips from the snaps) but he still wouldn't let me put it on. :wacko:

Hopefully this strike will be over soon. I hate using disposables. :(

My LO sometimes doesn't want to let me put cloth diapers on her- but I just have to find a way and persevere because I don't buy any disposables. Maybe having them to fall back on is the problem? If there were no other options he would be forced to wear cloth, right?

I know they can be very difficult and strong and wiggly. To me the diaper is just non-negotiable. I've had some success with distraction. I have some small paper bags and I'll wrap up a toy or object in one for her to open up and things like that.

Finn literally cries when I put the cloth under his bum, before I can even get it done up. :( He can be perfectly happy playing with a toy but as soon as he notices the cloth he cries.

The last time he did he rubbed the lower part of his tummy so now I'm worried the flats are tight on his tummy or something. There are never any marks.

I will have to be more firm, I guess. I just hate the thought of the diaper hurting him.

If you think it is the diaper could you try a different fold, or a different type? Does he only struggle/cry when putting it on and then he's fine? My LO will act as though I'm torturing her sometimes, but as soon as the diaper is on, she's fine. I know they're at an age where they don't want to be controlled so diaper changes can be tough no matter what type of diaper you use. I mean if the disposables cause him to get rashes, that's no good either. And there may come a day when he decides not to allow them as well. I feel your pain and hope you find a solution!

Thank you.

He seems just fine once they're on. I do the origami fold. I always check to make sure the snappi isn't poking him.

I will make it a mission to get him in cloth tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->