Cloth Diapering-Starting Again, Questions?

txrangersfan

Reaction score
We CD our LO when he was a really little one but took a hiatus. Now that we're going back to CD he's at a new stage and I have some questions.

1) LO is on solids and now his stools are the peanut buttery consistency. What's the best way to rinse this out before tossing diaper into the pail?

2) We're using AIOs. Can you strip those the same as you strip prefolds?

3) How many diapers did you have in your rotation for a 7 month old? I know it all depends on how many your LO goes through and how often you wash, but just a general number. How often did you wash yours?

4) Did you use doublers during the day? How many? And how many doublers did you use at night?

Thanks all!

Welcome back to cloth diapering :)

I use inserts, not AIO, so I can answer a few questions for you.

I either just knock the poop right off into the toilet, wipe it with toilet paper, or set it in the toilet to soak for a bit and the poop will come right off. I wash every day, but I'm in need of more diapers (I only have 14 but in the market for another 6 or so). I asked how many people use, and the consensus seemed to be 24. I don't think I'd go longer than 2 days between washes.

I would think you can strip any diaper the same way, but the AIOs might take more rinsing to get the bubbles out.

Hope that helps some :)

Welcome back to cloth diapering :)

I use inserts, not AIO, so I can answer a few questions for you.

I either just knock the poop right off into the toilet, wipe it with toilet paper, or set it in the toilet to soak for a bit and the poop will come right off. I wash every day, but I'm in need of more diapers (I only have 14 but in the market for another 6 or so). I asked how many people use, and the consensus seemed to be 24. I don't think I'd go longer than 2 days between washes.

I would think you can strip any diaper the same way, but the AIOs might take more rinsing to get the bubbles out.

Hope that helps some :)

Thanks so much! When you rinse the dirty, do you throw them in the same pail as the wet ones?

I do, I will snap the diaper together so it doesn't leak all over the place.

1) LO is on solids and now his stools are the peanut buttery consistency. What's the best way to rinse this out before tossing diaper into the pail?

I usually just used some loo roll to wipe it into the toilet. It doesn't matter so much about the wet poo still stuck to the nappy, as long as you get rid of any 'real solids' :D

Depends how you'd strip prefolds! You can wash at 60 with a full dose of detergent then keep rinsing until there are no more bubbles and detergent smell; you can scrub them with washing up liquid and then rinse for 6 weeks to remove it :) You can use nappy detergent's own stripping methods e.g. Rockin Green and Eco Sprout both have their own methods on the packet I think.

3) How many diapers did you have in your rotation for a 7 month old? I know it all depends on how many your LO goes through and how often you wash, but just a general number. How often did you wash yours?

I had way more but I probably used up to 24 day nappies and 5 night nappies. I would to wash every 2-3 days.

4) Did you use doublers during the day? How many? And how many doublers did you use at night?

Depends what nappies. In a Blueberry Basix I used a two layer Little Lamb S2 bamboo booster, the same in a Flip Stay Dry. In a Tots Bots Stretch, no booster other than the one you get with the nappy. In a Bottom Bumper AIO, no boosting was necessary.

At night I used proper night nappies; boosting a day nappy wasn't enough for us... or rather it wasn't cost effective - it was cheaper to buy a good night nappy (e.g. Baby BeeHinds Night Nappy) than it was to buy enough boosters to make a day nappy last overnight, and night nappies are a better shape for overnight.

I usually just used some loo roll to wipe it into the toilet. It doesn't matter so much about the wet poo still stuck to the nappy, as long as you get rid of any 'real solids' :D

Depends how you'd strip prefolds! You can wash at 60 with a full dose of detergent then keep rinsing until there are no more bubbles and detergent smell; you can scrub them with washing up liquid and then rinse for 6 weeks to remove it :) You can use nappy detergent's own stripping methods e.g. Rockin Green and Eco Sprout both have their own methods on the packet I think.

I had way more but I probably used up to 24 day nappies and 5 night nappies. I would to wash every 2-3 days.

Depends what nappies. In a Blueberry Basix I used a two layer Little Lamb S2 bamboo booster, the same in a Flip Stay Dry. In a Tots Bots Stretch, no booster other than the one you get with the nappy. In a Bottom Bumper AIO, no boosting was necessary.

At night I used proper night nappies; boosting a day nappy wasn't enough for us... or rather it wasn't cost effective - it was cheaper to buy a good night nappy (e.g. Baby BeeHinds Night Nappy) than it was to buy enough boosters to make a day nappy last overnight, and night nappies are a better shape for overnight.

Thanks!

I take the poop off with toilet paper and actually scrub the shell with a cloth poop only brush.

I have 36 pocket diapers in rotation and I wash the used nappies every other day (so anywhere from 12-15 or so in the wash). We use Earth's Best disposables for overnight.

Fortunately, we don't yet have to use a doubler; we change our daughter every 1.5-2hours in the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Peanut2024
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->