Cloth nappies again

Helen

ICSI Twins + miracle BFP
Reaction score
I took Tom to the doctors this week because the rash he's had just won't clear up despite the cream the HV gave him. He's ok in disposables, but the moment I put him back into his washables up comes the rash.

Unfortunately we ended up with the mega b!t$h from hell doctor (I may have to do another thread to have a full rant about her). Having looked down her nose at poor Tom in the buff (poor lad, let's hope he doesn't remember that!) she prescribed some cream with steriods in. I almost didn't tell her that he normally wears cloth nappies, I could almost tell what her reaction would be. She said that she thought it was the wraps that are causing it as the rash isn't where the wet is but more around his tummy and on his legs and that if the cream doesn't work that I'll just have to stick to disposables.

I'm feeling pretty frustrated with that. :hissy: He's been on the same wraps for the last 7 months so I don't see how it could be them. It's quite an investment mentally as well financially to go with cloth so I don't want to just abandon them. Plus I just know that if Tom stops wearing them, I'll take Charlotte out of them too cos of the hassle factor. I've ordered some new bigger wraps for them now and hope that they help.

Any other thoughts?

It could just be that the wraps are too small on him now hun as simple as that
Are you a member of CNA? the girls on there might have more ideas and how to deal with them etc...
Jack is in pull ups now and has been for a while but can't remember him getting anything like that

soz hun no help was it LOL

Try bepanthen nappy care ointment? Its a bit pricey I think £6 for 100g but its suppose to be great stuff - how true no idea only bought ours 2 days ago. You use it all the time to prevent rash too ...

Just an idea not helpful to if I recommend it yet though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->