cloth nappies - don't get angry!!

I'm still pretty new to this. I intended to use cloth with DS but didn't 'get on' with it, in all honesty I didn't do enough research. I have in the past week made the switch for a few reasons, 1. so I could get into the habbit of doing it 2. so I could find out what worked well for my situation and 3. so I could build a bit more of a stash for when LO arrives (there are other reasons but I won't bore you with them) TBH I have gone a little OTT buying for new baby but I have a good selection for her and have bought some for when she is newborn so I get a good fit. DS is in large or BTP so have also had to buy some mediums. Sorry if thats a ramble DH keeps interrupting me

Hahahaha sorry I just saw the tags at the bottom here and it says 'Find more threads on: angry, cloth, nappies'...

angry nappies!!!! :rofl:

Hi there, :flower:

I'm new too, so can't answer any of your questions.

I thought angry nappies was funny too. :rofl:

x

Don't worry hon, we're generally a friendly lot in here! :flower:

I'm not going to bother answering your first lot of questions as the others have done a great job! I'd definitely recommend BumGenius Flips as a birth to potty nappy. They work by having a cover that you can reuse and inserts which you remove when wet and then pop another one in. So because of that they tend to be very economical.

Don't worry at all about wasting money on nappies that don't suit you. I've been experimenting with new nappies over the last couple of weeks and I've known within a few days if they worked for us. Every time one hasn't worked, I've sold it on for the same price I bought it for (preloved) so I haven't lost any money. For that reason I'd go for small sized nappies when LO is newborn which you can then sell on and get your money back :D

thanks again everyone

also i have seen pics of people and their babies look tiny with massive nappies all bright spots and patterns and i fnd it actually looks a bit weird... are them big ones the ones you were saying are a bit big when they are newborn but they grow into them??
so do they end up more flat and less giant bums?! lol

thanks again xx

cloth nappies are slightly more bulky than a dry disposable, but unlike disposables they dont get big and disgusting and squishy when wet, my cloth nappies are slimmer than a full of pee disposable.
Have a look at the cloth thread on this forum. Some smaller babies have big bums but as they get older its less so.

Edwards do look kinda huge on him, but they're cute :lol:

Blueberrys are quite bulky. Itti bittis are smaller, flips are really slim :)

I think of cloth nappies as being like normal women! We see models and super skinny ladies in the media so we think proper women are like that even though most of us aren't. Disposables make it seem like tiny chemical-filled plastic is the way to go, when cloth nappies are much better IMO. Cloth is usually slightly bigger than disposables but you get used to it and it doesn't seem to affect your LO in any negative way.

i only ask because i've just sorted out all his 12-18 month clothes and if i start using bigger nappies and his clothes dont fit properly i'll go crazy :p

rachel i see your in south west london whereabouts are you if you dont mind me asking? xx

Theo wore 0-3 month clothes til he was 12 weeks old, he is 50th for weight 99.6th for length and obviously cloth bummed. So it doesnt affect clothes that much!

I'm in Merton, just down the road from Surrey :)

Leyla is big for her age but she wears clothes that are right for the size of baby she is i.e. she's now the size of an 11 month old so she's in 9-12 month clothes and her bum fits in them just fine. We use Flips mostly, which I've found to be the trimmest nappy on her, but her other nappies are fine too. The thing about cloth is that it's fluffy and squishy, so although they do sometimes look big, you can squish them a bit and they normally fit in clothes.

lol ok great thanks!!! sorry i was just asking because i thought you lived close to me merton is very close (i think) to where i'm moving in a months time near morden! lol xxx

Yep that's close to us. I'm half way between Raynes Park and Morden stations. OH's family live rather too close for comfort in Morden!!!

I live in Tooting which is close to Morden, and my family are in Morden too :p

oh Jetters i'm in tooting every day at the mo as my dads in st georges :( can't believe there are so many localish people here! lol xxx

Jetters and winegums, if you want to compare nappies we could meet up at some point for coffee and nappy chat. I can bring a stash of different kinds of nappies for you to look at winegums. Jetters doesn't get to try any cos she has millions more than me, though I will let her change Leyla's nappy if she wants :rofl:

Hope your dad is ok winegums :hugs:

ohhh that would be amazing! it it possible i'm getting addicted already and i'm still confused as to what i'm doing lol! been playing on the wee notions site for ages today :cloud9:

Be careful of the Weenotions site, it's a dangerous place!

I mostly use Flips but I do have quite a few other types you can have a look at too. If you want to borrow some to try out, you're welcome to. Most of mine are girly but I don't suppose your LO would notice!

I managed to avoid the pull of WeeNotions until recently... thankfully... however, now I have succumbed!! Winegums I think it's only me and Rach round here though *grand sigh*

Shall we do a coffee in Morden? Winegum when do you move? Rachel you are sooooooo generous offering me up Leyla's botty :rofl: I bet your stash is way bigger than mine!! I only have about 50 :p

I managed to avoid the pull of WeeNotions until recently... thankfully... however, now I have succumbed!! Winegums I think it's only me and Rach round here though *grand sigh*

Shall we do a coffee in Morden? Winegum when do you move? Rachel you are sooooooo generous offering me up Leyla's botty :rofl: I bet your stash is way bigger than mine!! I only have about 50 :p

Morden sounds good to me!

Hmmm I only have about 30 nappies here (and 9 of those are Flips, though that isn't including extra inserts for them). I have about 20 at my mum's and some packed away for if we have another, but our day-to-day stash is quite small at the moment :(

ONLY 50 lol!!

i have none! how old is leyla rachel?

i don't know what to do as i want to get a couple cheap ones secondhand to try out but everywhere i've looked don't seem to have people adding them very often? so they are all taken? if tht makes sense :)

can i ask a couple more questions?

1. which ones do you find easiest all round
2. which do you find best value for money
3. which are your absolute favourites?

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member