cloth nappies - don't get angry!!

I have only tried a few pockets, all in 2s and my Ittis

The ones that stand out to me as doing everything I want are the Itti Bittis, they have the 3 pads if needed and still look better than some others, so I can pretty much know they will be fine for when ever I need them without looking too bulky - I especially like the way they are low rise.
The are easy to wash, dry and put on, come in lots of colours and aren't a bad price at all compared to others.

The next baby will be in Ittis as soon as I can get them on it!

The nappies I find easiest all round (to put on, for wee and poo containment, fit-wise, to wash and dry) are Flips. They're the ones I consider best value for money too, as they are well made and you can buy extra inserts and reuse the covers if they're not dirty. Flips are also my absolute favourites and my OH's favourites - he says they're easy which is high praise indeed and I like them because they're so trim and they're birth-to-potty.

Leyla is 8 and a half months but she's quite big for her age I think, about 20lbs. How old is your LO? Most of our nappies are birth-to-potty ones so should fit him fine if you want to try some. I could lend you a Flip with a couple of inserts to try, or I have a BG V3 and a BG Organic (both pink I'm afraid!), and I have some Pop-ins too (neutral colours in bamboo and microfibre, with night boosters). They're all birth-to-potty. If you're considering cloth to save money, Econobums are like a more basic and cheaper version of Flips (made by the same people). Mine are at my mum's but she's coming to visit next week so I could get her to bring one for you to try.

To buy them second hand, you kind of have to stalk the for sale threads! Ones like BumGenius, Flips etc don't always seem that much cheaper to buy second hand but that's because they hold their value very well. Although they are more expensive to buy at first, you can resell them later on so you do get some money back, whereas with ones that aren't as desirable it can be difficult to shift them. You can quite often get a good deal on plain white versions of Bumgenius though, as most people prefer the colours.

1. which ones do you find easiest all round
Most nappies are "easy" once you get the hand of it. AIOs would be best for a clueless hubby/granny/babysitter.

2. which do you find best value for money
I bought most of my stash preloved so all of them! It really depends on what you're looking for: ease of use, prettiness, drying fast... I'd say Bumgenius are really good workhorses.

3. which are your absolute favourites?
I know I can always rely on my Imse Vimse AIO. They're not pretty but I always use them when I have to go out!

Wee notions for cuteness. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->