Cloth nappy debate

Faerie

Proud Mummy
Reaction score
Ok, so it's on the Daily Mail, but still..
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...-throwaway-remark-earned-ticking-mothers.html

Kinda funny really...shows ignorance on the matter and lack of research into that particular 2005 report.

Nappies are washed at a high temp, tumble dried and ironed?? Who on earth would iron their nappies? Surely that would wreck the hell out of them?

I love the comment at the bottom from somone saying "Well I can't afford eco nappies" Yeah so you spend loads more on disposables? Makes complete sense :S

Nappies are washed at a high temp, tumble dried and ironed?? Who on earth would iron their nappies? Surely that would wreck the hell out of them?

I love the comment at the bottom from somone saying "Well I can't afford eco nappies" Yeah so you spend loads more on disposables? Makes complete sense :S

What??? You mean you don't iron your nappies?? How can you leave the house with a crinkled bum?

:iron:

I really don't understand how it would even be possible to iron one!

People are shortsighted re the cost, especially in the UK you can get so many preloveds, it's a bit more difficult here.

lol @ the ironing! I can see why people would do it with prefolds as it makes them easier to fold but tbh i rarely bother thats way too much hassle for my lazybum :rofl:

OH my gosh does one still use those awful smelly washable nappies? Lines full of white stuff like the sails on the victory at trafalgar . what a waste of energy washing those horrid things we use up to 6 pampers a day and my gosh it does make life easy .We then compress them into bricks for ease of disposal. bought in bulk they are soooooooooo wonderful, sterile, handy snug fit baby loves them and so do we . For the snooty ego conscious carbon counter who peddles everywhere in green wellies with baby in a basket on the front of the tandem next to the save the whale sticker, it must be horrendous knowing that there are still people who love new methods brought about by tecnological advances and couldnt care less about the big green con and are quite happy to donate 120 spent nappies a month deep in the knowledge that our 2000 pounds a year council tax is being well spent. on disposing of our rubbish even if they only call twice a month to collect it.

:growlmad:

LIKE WE ARE ALL JUST A BUNCH OF PRETENTIOUS FAR LEFT HIPPIES!!!!!!

EDIT: Forgot to add that this was also written by a MAN!!!!!!!

OH my gosh does one still use those awful smelly washable nappies? Lines full of white stuff like the sails on the victory at trafalgar . what a waste of energy washing those horrid things we use up to 6 pampers a day and my gosh it does make life easy .We then compress them into bricks for ease of disposal. bought in bulk they are soooooooooo wonderful, sterile, handy snug fit baby loves them and so do we . For the snooty ego conscious carbon counter who peddles everywhere in green wellies with baby in a basket on the front of the tandem next to the save the whale sticker, it must be horrendous knowing that there are still people who love new methods brought about by tecnological advances and couldnt care less about the big green con and are quite happy to donate 120 spent nappies a month deep in the knowledge that our 2000 pounds a year council tax is being well spent. on disposing of our rubbish even if they only call twice a month to collect it.

Please can I hunt him down and slap him?

Please can I hunt him down and slap him?

can i bring one of Daisy's sloppy pooey nappies to wipe on his face too ?? :growlmad:

Just look at all the ignorant statements in that one paragraph. :rolleyes: Do you really care what someone so obviously uninformed and prejudiced thinks about you? Flippin tosser isn't worth it. :hugs:

OMG what an asshole! I love my cloth diapers, and they are so much gentler on Jasmines bum. Plus I save lots of money!

I am going to beg to differ here.

I bought 20 tots bots nappies, 11 wraps and liners etc etc..

I started on them only last week cos even the first size was too big from birth.

I thought I would be the same.. Save loads of money, save the planet etc etc.. but when it actually boils down to it I wasnt saving anything cos it still cost at the start, more hassel, tumble dryer and washing machine, then more hassel, then I worked out I could nappy Mylos bum for less than a pound a day using the ASDA own brand eco friendly disposables. These are far better performance wise than the cloth nappies. The minute he has a wee the terry towelling stayed wet, smellie and damp til I took the wrap off. He was weeing every half hour!! :shock: and he was getting nappy rash.
At least with the disposables they have a lock away core that keeps the babys bum dry and rash free in my opinion they just better for me and Mylo. I did try though.
But now I am stuck with them. So selling them on.
When I weighed it all up.. buying liners and the sheer hassel.. I thought it really wasnt worth it and ditched the cloth bum nappies idea. Nappy changing times are so much more hassel free and happier now.

Sorry gals, feel free to linch me.. but thats just my experience with them.
But... OH MY some of these reports do my head in. And they say ''oh yeah disposables cost nearly £1,000 a year blah blah'' yeah if you buy the top brands they do!!! I sterr clear of huggies and pampers.. Like I said ASDA are the best for me.. even perform better that the top brands in my experience. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->