Cloth Nappy Question

In the summer she usually runs round with a t-shirt and nappy on so you can see them, and in the winter I just love the fact she has cutte nappies on
But if your covering them up?

Like I like the nappy I posted but I'd need a wrap? :(

I must admit I don't really get the covering up the nice nappy with a wrap thing. :wacko: We've got all our reusables ready to go and tried one on Charlotte today (a momentous moment) but it was still a bit on the big side. She looked sooooo cute tho!

The thing with disposables is that I'm horrified how many we use (ok we're using double) and the number of nappy sacks I'm chucking out each day and they way my bin is filling up with them :sick:

you can buy plain nappies and buy nice wraps to go over them :)

But if your covering them up?

Like I like the nappy I posted but I'd need a wrap? :(

See I like the fact she has cute nappies on. I like her to have cool socks and vests but they are always covered up too. Like I said it's like me wearing nice pants, no-one can see them but I like the fact I have nice pants on. No-one can see Seren's nappy usually but I like the fact she has a really cute nappy on. That's just me. I like changing her into cute nappies, and now she is at the age where I ask her to choose what nappy she wants to wear. I don't expect everyone to get it but then I don't get why they put cutesy pics of Winnie the Poo on disposables if they are going to be covered. Also my washing line looks so pretty too when they are all hung out.

Like others have said you can get plain ones. There is so much choice out there. I started out with plain ones but just got into the cute ones.

Helen it shocked me when I used dispos with Seren for the first week, how many we threw out. Plus I just didn't like the idea of having poo in my bin for a fortnight. The main thing for me though is that I just like Seren having cotton, bamboo etc next to her skin, and not the gel. But everyone has the choice to use what suits them.

Jo, when Jack is potty trained you can see your nappies on, you'd get money back that way.

Yeah i can get the money back Beanie, not bothered about that TBH am gutted i won't have funky nappies on my line any more LOL
Haven't told Ant yet but am gonna get him some funky training pants!! Jack not Ant lol

*goes off to have a look*

i agree with beanie i love Rhys having cute nappies on ... even if nobody sees them! i also like him to have cute vests on (and sometimes matching nappies and vests lol!!!!)

i use pocket nappies so the nice pattern/colour is in the outside, i buy most of mine from weenotions where you can 'create your own'

when we are at home Rhys tends not to have trousers on as he finds it easier to move around without them on. if people come and visit they always comment on his nappies and it makes me feel so proud :)

i definetly find pocket nappies the best to use as you just slip in the liner, put them on and away you go!

Yeah i can get the money back Beanie, not bothered about that TBH am gutted i won't have funky nappies on my line any more LOL
Haven't told Ant yet but am gonna get him some funky training pants!! Jack not Ant lol

*goes off to have a look*
I know, I was so :( about potty training but now I have seen how cool the training pants are I am all excited again lol. Though I do think Ant may be disappointed about missing out on them.

Like Imi I think it would work out cheaper in the long run for me to stick to Dispoables, especially at this age when they dont need changing half as much as a newborn. TBH I think it seems really complicated and I cant get my head round it, I would need someone to come and give me a lesson and show me all the different types, I might consider with no.2, but I just manage to keep ontop of my washing as it is!

Thats another thing ... like lauzs i just about keep on top of my washing!!

How the hell someone who works 5 days a week still gets through 5 bloody t-shirts as well as shirts and 2 pairs of jeans as well as random socks, pants and work trousers is beyond me!

Then there is maddie's, mine don't count as i haven't got many tents!

Just seems like a hell of alot of work to me, then it must add up on your electricity bill cause of all the washin you do??

xxx

Not really. Our electricity bill has actually been reduced this month too. Its just an extra load of washing, it takes a few mins to get them into the machine and switch it on. Then hanging them out/putting them in dryer then putting them away. Must take me 10 mins if that. We have loads of washing with my work clothes, OH's work clothes and Seren's millions of changes but its not like I am handwashing anyhting. I know I might be sounding patronising, apologies for that but really it is that simple. I have 2 nappy washes a week. When I have used dispos I used to have to wash more clothes as they would leak if Seren had a particularly runny poo.

It does look complicated at first but when someone shows you what to do its really simple. There are different types but you get a good cloth nappy advisor to take you through tem and you use the ones that suit you.

it would have been cheaper for me to stick to disposables probably but.... my concious is clear that im not contributing to all those nappy filled rubbish tips!!!

its not that much extra work at all... just rinsing each nappy and putting it in the washing machine. because a basically pre wash my nappies by hand before putting them in the washer it means i save on electric by putting my nappies in with our clothes. it means i dont really do any extra washes just for nappies. i too just keep on top of my washing but using cloth hasnt made it any more difficult for me.

ps i dont wait and do nappy washes like beanie.. i just pop them in as they come off rhys' bum lol as my washing machine is going constently anyway!

I dont see how it can ever be cheaper to buy disposables (especially as I had to buy them last week) And I have 2 bubs in cloth! You can very easily kit a baby out in cloth for under £200 do washing every 3rd day and that will last from birth till potty. I defy anyone to tell me that can do that cheaper with disposables. Plus you use no fabric softener and and half deturgent so one small box of washing tablets will last me 6 months and I dont use a dryer as mine dry within a couple of hours even on an indoor airer. My electricity bill comes to £35 a month and I have a water meter which costs £25 a month for both water and sewerage.

Oh and I forgot to say that you can then sell that on for about 3/4 of what you paid for it. So that means birht to potty training you can do on basically £50. and thats with modern cute nappies, not old terry squares too.

Anyone reckon they can do that with disposables? Plus its better on the environment, and I dont have an overflowing stinking wheelie bin. Okay yeah and Im sad but I find they look so cute in them!!!!

...has Cat paused for breath? :rofl:...

...and some councils give you money towards the purchase of cloth nappies. We get £80 towards our costs. :happydance:

i looked to see if denbighshire counsil does but they dont :(

...has Cat paused for breath? :rofl:...

...and some councils give you money towards the purchase of cloth nappies. We get £80 towards our costs. :happydance:

LOL sorry was never very good at punctuation!

Yeah I got £60 from the council for my two.

i just went on my counsil website and found theyll give me 75 quid woohooo im fillin out the application !!!!!!!!!!!

i just went on my counsil website and found theyll give me 75 quid woohooo im fillin out the application !!!!!!!!!!!

oh sounds like a good excuse to buy more to me!

my council only provides for people on income support :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->