Cloth Nappy Veterans; HEEEELLLLP!

T-Bex

Mother of one
Reaction score
Yup, this is probably the millionth thread you've responded to with a name like this, but OH and I are really wanting to get Bethan into reusables. It was always our intention, but money for the initial outlay is tight, and we might just be ableto afford them now.

What we wanted to know, was;

1) Which do you think are the most value for money brands?
2) Which do you LO's prefer?
3) Which are the easiest for novices to use?
4) Do you know of any companies that offer testers, so we know we won't be wasting our money?

Thanks!

the best thing you can do at the mo is enter the 'giveaways' competitions and try the nappies out or buy pre-loved off classifieds like cloth nappy tree or the cloth swap and sell thread.

each LO is different size, shape and we all have different preferences to the types on nappy or nappy fit that we like.

there are always offers on. I'm loving bumgenius flip nappies which are on bogof at the mo. these migh be a good place for you to start.

yeah i agree with littlestar- i think for starting out, ease of use and price...the Flips are prob a good place to start.

Catch the BOGOF while it lasts though!

Yeah same as above, I started with flips. They are great and they work out pretty cost effective too as you only need a few wraps and you don't need to change them at every change then you can just get more inserts which are only £3.75 or something each x

I agree too. It's a matter of trail and error, what works for us may not work for you for one reason or another (normally fitting, material and how heavy wetter your Lo is and personal preference). There are more popular brands as with anything bumgenius, blueberries, itti bittis etc etc but there is a wide range out there!

It's very rare you'll come across freebie testers, on occasion little lamb do them and nappy elite just had an offer on kiwis but i think they're out of stock now. At the moment for some unknown reason Bumgenius suddenly seem to be doing a few BOGOF offers, at the moment it's pink zinna V3 pockets this weekend only. Some companies (i think maybe one or two, i think one is the nappy lady) will let you buy the nappy and return it if you don't like it and you'll receive something like 60% of your money back. Check your local council to see if they run any incentives, some give away vouchers, normally enough to buy one maybe 2 nappies.

We started in cloth a month ago and have bought Flips as our everyday nappy. The whole set cost us £80 and we got £30 back from the council.

The Flips are dead easy to use and work brilliantly so I'd recommend them especially with the bogof on at the moment, that's the only way we were able to get them so cheap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->