Cloth Wipes

Mervs Mum

Doula & Mum of 3!
Reaction score
I've had a search through old threads and I've decided to have a go at reuable wipes. I have some fleece throws that I bought to use during my home birth and they are redundant now - well they never actually got used! I also bought some think terry face cloths and small hand towels to use and they are just hanging about now.

I noticed some of you had made double sided ones so there are obviously merits to both materials. Cheeky Wipes seem to be towel only....

I thought before spending a lot of time cutting and sewing, I'd try to work out what works but I wondered if you could tell me your thoughts? How do the two compare when you are using them?

Thanks! :flower:

i dunno about the diffrence but i use little fleece squares i cut up my self out of an old blanket i keep them in a tub with an air tight lid ya know the plastic ones with the clips at the sides? anyway i put water and tea tree oil in it with a few wipes and change the water every day or so, if he poos i just put the wipe in the nappy like you would with disposables and wash them together! makes more sence using cloth wipes with cloth bums really doesnt it then ur not carrying a pile of wipes to the bin!

I use all my fleece, i cut it up into wipes and also liners as they are SO good for that. Only thing as wipes is that they are really thin? Wipes are so cheap if you look on ebay for the two sided ones or Weenotions ones are good?? But i do use some just fleece ones :)

If that makes ANY sense at all :dohh:

I find fleece smears and often doesnt hold enough wetness to clean properly (esp when faced with explodapoop. I much prefer double sided, one side fleece the other towelling or similar. The fleece/cotton jersey ones I made are pretty good actually, wouldnt have normally used that combo but was just using what I had to hand to check out stitches, sizes etc. I would certainly go for two sided over just fleece unless you have zero sewing skills :rofl:

I have zero sewing skills! :rofl:

And sarah....erm yeah....I think I understand.....:lol:

:rofl: You would think i'd never been to school never mind uni :dohh:

I pretty much meant that i would use the fleece as liners and buy cheap double sided wipes....

i have no sewing skills eaither wish i did tho! i use something like this....

https://www.shoppingsalesqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/lock-and-lock-air-tight-food-container.jpg

i dont use a container at all - i keep my wipes dry and have a bottle (like a sports bottle) with solution in it and i wet as i go...i tried a container but it just didnt work for us :shrug:

smashing!

Sarah - why did you mention the Weenotions wipes............I'm all set to do this for nothing then you start planting seeds....:lol:

Ooh, get the weenotions wipes, they're great!! We have 2 types. One is fleece on one side and bamboo velour on the other and the second lot is bamboo velour on one side and bamboo terry on the other. To be honest, the side we never ever seem to use is the fleece side :shrug:

We also use one of the plastic containers but just to keep the wipes in. We have them dry and just have the solution in a separate container, I found it more leakproof for going out and about.

just to hijack :lol:

i got a free wipe in my mama pack and it looks titch! what size would you girlies say is a good size?

x

Im finding 10x15 a decent size though I have some 15x15 with rounded edges I made and 20x15 which are good poop wipes. I was going to make some bigger but not sure now as I think any bigger may well be too big.

audrey just has bamboo wipes, fleece would just smear her arse. i used to use a cliplock container to keep them in... but a few months she got a wipes warmer and now has a bum facial with a warm wipe everytime :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: Weenotions wipes are Fab!! I got plain white ones and then Sara bought me cupcake ones :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->