Clothes arghhh!

whatwillbex

Reaction score
Hi

I’m having such a nightmare with clothes. My maternity clothes now don’t fit properly but neither do normal clothes. It’s so depressing. I don’t want to go and buy clothes for them not to fit again in a few months, I’m determined to loose this weight!
I thought I did well in pregnancy and didn’t over eat like I did with my first but I’m such a funny shape now and having a csection my scar is still a bit tender so I don’t fancy wearing anything tight in that area.
I now have flying pants! (Big thighs) and my belly still has a raised bump and saggy. I used to be a size 8 but now struggling with size 16, in my head I still think I’m size 8 haha crazy! Anyone else in this weird limbo?

I was there. It stinks. I didn't mind the pregnancy weight gain so much as the utterly weird post preg/post c-sec shape. I can totally sympathize. And I didn't want to buy in-between clothes either. So I just wore my maternity jeans and shirts until they got too big. Then I squeezed into my old clothes, though it took longer for them to fit right. All in all, it took a few months to lose the weight. More to get my stomach down (but I also had ab separation to deal with).

It takes time, but you can totally get back into shape. Just follow a safe diet and consistent exercise plan. So while it's annoying, don't feel bad or discouraged or anything.

I'm right with u right now!! I'm still having to wear my maternity jeans and put a belt on to keep them up! I lost 31lb before I became pregnant and went out and bought myself loads of new clothes to fit my new size and then ended up pregnant a month later! I over ate all through my pregnancy and gained 52lb!! I only managed to lose 25lb and then it stopped coming off by itself so last week i started dieting and lost 4lb. Still a fair way to go before I can fit into my old clothes but I point blank refuse to buy any more that will hopefully only fit for a few months.

You're right it is depressing, I'm suffering with pnd and every time I struggle to find something to wear I get a heart sinking feeling. I am full on calorie counting I am determined to get this weight shifted. Shame it's just coming into the Xmas period!!

Yes! The in between clothes phase infuriates me! I had it after birth pregnancies and I am not looking forward to it for a third time. I refused to buy anything too and both t8mes manage to cobble together a couple of outfits from existing clothes that I literally wore over and over again until I could fit in my normal clothes again. People probably thought I was weird that I was either wearing one thing or the other at all times. :haha:

It’s so annoying. I keep having to return clothes as they are just not fitting. I know I should try them on in the shop but I can’t handle those crazy changing room mirrors from all angles haha I think that would finish my off!
I try bigger sizes but clothes just look weird. I’ve ended up in the classic baggy hoody. Just because it’s comfy and I’m hiding all. I can’t believe how different sizes come up in different shops. Weird I’m quite happy with what it says on my weighing scales I had put on a lot put not as much as I could have done. The problem I’m having is all the Christmas treats calling me, not a good time of year to be trying to loose weight! I’m weak and making up for not eating bre and pate...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->