Clothes to make the last 6 weeks bareable...

lucylu79

Reaction score
But I don't want to look frumpy, jut feel more comfortable so what are/will you be wearing?

Basically I have just come back from a local show and I knew this morning I was going to be uncomfortable, babs is just lying differently and my tummy is rock solid.

I have worn my only pair of 'over the bump' jeans along with a vest and cardi and I looked ok. Trouble is the jeans have taken their toll on me today and you know when you get that really 'tight' feeling across the belly button, like the baby is about to come shooting out of it!

I've got 2 pair's of cropped leggings which are the only ones that fit my short legs - i'm only 4"11 so i've found maternity clothes hard to buy in the first case!

I think the next 6 weeks i'd love to live in leggings but I just don't have anything long enough to cover my bum and these leggings are a little see through, plus I just wouldn't have my bottom on show like that.

Any suggestions where to look for some not so expensive long tops/vests/tunics to get me through the next 6 weeks comfortably??

Cheers all

I am feeling the same as you! For the next 6 weeks I plan to live in leggings and maternity dresses I got from new look. They always seem to have a sale on in the maternity section so they are normally around £7 and are really comfy

I got long vest tops in Primark for about £2.50, they are called cami dresses and have spaghetti straps. They aren't maternity but I got 2 sizes bigger and they do the job. I've been wearing them over leggings every day for weeks!

My maternity clothes don't fit me anymore , I'm huge! (Twins) So I'm living in pjs and maxi dresses ! I'm
Not going to buy anything else x

I've been living in dresses as anything across my bump seems to give me terrible braxton hicks. In fact about half my dresses aren't actually maternity, just 2 sizes up from my usual and stretchy material, in a mix of maxi dresses and knee lengths x

I'm only 1/2 an inch taller than you ;) I've been living in maxi skirts and maxi dresses, they're comfy, flattering and cute. You can dress them up or down, I've heard someone say maxi skirts are like yoga pants but better ;) I'd have to agree since I can't stand anything that feels restrictive while I'm pregnant

New Look, H&M and Next (online) their maternity t shirts are long and cover bump and bottoms so you can wear leggings. I'm in the last two weeks and leggings are the most comfy! I also have some yoga pants with a uber soft waist band! :)

Capri leggings and knee length maternity dresses are basically all I can wear anymore. Maternity tank + XL pajamas work for bed.

I am wearing a pair of new look maternity skinny jeans, they have never been great tbh but I normally live in skinny jeans and was trying to hide pregnancy at the start! I also have two pairs of new look maternity leggings. Normal leggings still fit but maternity hide my belly button!
Top wise I have only bought one for full price, it was a work blouse from h&m and it's great. I got a dress from h&m in the sale too, and some casual tops. I also it a few from new look.

Other than that I am wearing normal clothes in a loose style. At this stage I don't see the point in buying anything I am going to wear for maximum 2 months!

Sainsburys do brilliant long length vests with good stretch otherwise try the primark maternity range. It doesn't have to last long so doesn't need to be great quality.

I lived in Jersey dresses the last few weeks and leggings if the dress was too short after going over the bump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->