Clothes - why sizes to get ?

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
How much of each size do I need and what size do I start with ?

With callum we were told he'd be 8lbs so only bought 0 - 3month clothing, he arrived and was only 5lb 13oz, 0 - 3 swamped him! He lasted in newborn for about 5 - 6 weeks, we bought about 15 sleepsuits but then got lots as gifts so some he didnt even wear. I tended to buy around 10 sleepsuits for the next sizes up but you'll know more when the babies here about how many you'll need. Plus you'll probably get a few gifts. I'm planning on buying around 10 sleepsuits/vests in newborn and in 0 - 3 to start with and can buy more when babies here xx

We have a few newborn pieces. But a lot more 0-3 months. With our son, he looked so big when he was born that even the MW and DRs told us that he wouldn't fit into newborn onezies. They even asked someone to look in their little stash of things to see if they had any spare 0-3 months clothing for the time being. Turns out newborn fitted him and was even a little big on him. So we have deffo got some newborn things this time but the majority of 'clothing' we have gotten in 0-3. Like the other poster said, you will get gifts etc and know more about sizes once baby is here.

Also newborns tend to be in sleep suits etc more when they are smaller and newborn. So when i say we got most 'clothing' in 0-3, i mean more of the dresses and top/trousers etc and got mainly sleep suits and one pieces in newborn.

I never buy newborn cus my baby's are all 7.5 to 8.12lb but having said that 0-3 still hang off them I usually buy 14 baby grows and vest/ bodysuits 3 cardigans out door wear for winter 18 muslin clothes(3 packs) one of which I tuck over pram mat incase of vomiting and some outfits I love:) but we unfortunately don't get gifts from friend etc(baby number 6)
I am having a girl so I done 4 dresses I love and tights plus some of my baby gro r pink the rest unisex just incase lol

For my LO I bought 0-3 months, he was 8lb and they swamped him!! Newborn fitted him well and I had loads of bigger sizes for him as he grew very quickly. I bought a lot of vests and sleep suits and we needed them all due to the frequent clothes changes

My 7lb 11oz girl was about 6 weeks old before she moved into 0-3 months - they swamped her at first. I'd recommend about 10 vests and 10 sleepsuits in both sizes as a starting point. Don't even bother with outfits, you won't really use them at that age and people will buy them for you anyway.

My daughter weighed 10lb 7oz when she was born and newborn vests and sleepsuits fitted her for at least a month. We did buy more 0-3 though. What we did before she got here was buy a tonne of sleepsuits and vests in newborn and 0-3 (when people buy you gifts, they normally buy outfits) as they tend to spend most of their time in sleepsuits to begin with. If you work on the idea that you go through at LEAST two sets of clothes a day, then 14 sleepsuits and 14 vests will last you a week, and you can then rewash. They're so cheap in most places though you'll end up with more, but I'd say 14 vests and 14 sleepsuits in each size is enough, plus any little outfits for visiting etc. Plus depending on the time of year the baby is born, you'll want a mixture of sleeveless, short sleeved and long sleeved vests xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->