Clotting with Implantation Bleeding?

kam2490

Reaction score
Hello,

I wanted to post on this forum because I've been doing research ever since I realized I may be pregnant about a week ago and this forum seems to have supportive women on it, more so than the others I've read.

I've been pregnant before so I know the difference between pregnancy symptoms and period symptoms, and I rarely get pms symptoms; usually I get acne on my chin which is how I know of my impending period is coming a few days before it does.

I first began noticing symptoms when my breasts became incredibly sore, even to lie down on, I'm a stomach sleeper. I, then, began waking up in the middle of the night to pee which normally I can just hold it through the night but when I woke up there was a sense of urgency. So, I started tracking my symptoms because I wanted to keep a journal if I am. I ended up feeling pretty bloated which is also uncommon with my periods. I began having localized cramping in my uterus about a week ago now, with my period it's always the day of my period and since I have irregular periods with a tipped uterus, when I cramp it's really bad and the bleeding is really heavy, when I have spotting it's heavy brown spotting a day or so early and then heavy bleeding with a lot of clotting.

With these symptoms, I noticed I had a heightened sense of smell, I was hungrier more often, but most food made me feel ill, then when I would eat it seemed rather bland and un-enjoyable. I noticed a metallic taste in my mouth about two weeks ago which I thought was really odd since that hasn't ever happened. I've also been unusually tired with no change in my stress level, if anything my stress has gone down, so I suppose some change. My body temperature has also been more elevated, I haven't been tracking my basal body temperature but I've just noticed I've been unusually hot when I'm normally cold, I'm petite and get cold easily. I've had to take my jacket off in 30 degree weather and was comfortable which isn't normal for me.

The first day of my last period was 2/11/2015, but to me that doesn't mean too much since I could go months without a period(I've been tested for pcos and I don't have it). I had a blood test Friday because I took an hpt and it was negative so I think it was too early, but now I'm waiting on the results from my doctor but their computers have been down. On Friday I noticed a very small amount of brown spotting, unusually light, I believe to estimate it had to be the size of my thumb, which is small haha. Saturday morning I had some light cramping, but then there was some red colored bleeding and some clots that came with it. It only happened when I would sit on the toilet and it would come out, it didn't fill a pad and the pad only had some brown spotting in it and with my period it gushes out constantly every time no matter what position I'm sitting standing or lying in. My periods are typically really heavy and are accompanied by a lot of clotting which I don't have a lot of. When I wipe I have like an eyeball sized amount of pinkish blood on the toilet paper. The bleeding is incredibly light at this point and almost non existent and the brown spotting in my pad is still very tiny. So I'm confused. I've had a couple of miscarriages when I was younger but I do want to be a mom, so I suppose any help or advice would be helpful if this has been an experience and you've had a healthy pregnancy from it.

Also, my breasts are still a tiny bit sore, not as sore as they were before but with my period once I started bleeding that would disappear completely. I'm not sure if I am pregnant and my body has adjusted to the hormones? I also read that if I was miscarrying I would have gotten a positive on an hpt when I took it. I also read that women that were carrying twins that thought they lost their babies(not knowing there were two) had heavy bright red bleeding with clots for almost 7 days.

I also had a couple of mood swing episodes that seems to have leveled out and I don't ever get that mad. Irritated sometimes but never angry

I just got off the phone with doctor's office and the blood test said negative but I would only be about 3 weeks a little over, my boobs even feel "plumper". I also read that blood tests can be wrong, I just don't want to be pregnant and think I'm not because I do want a baby but I need some advice, por favor! :)

If the blood test is negative, then I'd say you're not pregnant. A lab error could cause a test to be wrong, but that would be incredibly rare. Maybe it's just a wonky cycle. I'm very regular with very consistent symptoms, but I've had a few weird cycles, so it can happen.

If I had to guess, I'd say you're not either, you said that you can go months without getting your period, going that long in between, it only takes one cycle for your body to start changing how you react to hormones, I used to never get sore breasts before af but about a year ago, out of no where I did, the problem is af and early pregnancy symptoms are very much alike and the way your body reacts can change from a variety of different things, stress, diet, exercise...hope you get it figured out soon!

If I had to guess, I'd say you're not either, you said that you can go months without getting your period, going that long in between, it only takes one cycle for your body to start changing how you react to hormones, I used to never get sore breasts before af but about a year ago, out of no where I did, the problem is af and early pregnancy symptoms are very much alike and the way your body reacts can change from a variety of different things, stress, diet, exercise...hope you get it figured out soon!

The symptoms are consistent each time I get AF though, I haven't gone 9 months without a period in about 5 years, the most has been 3 but lately I've been about 30-40 days in between a period. The symptoms hardly change, I've had sore boobs before a period before and it definitely wasn't what this was, I'm just trying to figure it out since I can't get to see the doctor anytime before next week. The worse thing that happens on the first day of my periods is I get heavy cramps sometimes and heavy bleeding and terrible back pain but it's not all the time. However, I've never once had cramping a week and a half before a period and it didn't affect my back at all, there was like this mild pinching on the right side of my uterus. It felt really weird.

I also had what it felt like this loosening of my muscles in my lower back which was a new experience. I don't get aches in my muscles there but in my discs because I have degenerative disc disease but that goes into my nerves. I noticed when I was walking last week my hips started to hurt on both sides but then that stopped. I'm telling you, this isn't a period. I just want to figure out if I was pregnant because I've had miscarriages before and it's not fun but if I did have another then I need something done with my hormones.

I'm 26 almost 27, I was on birth control for 3 years starting when I 13, eventually I found that I had precancerous cells on my cervix and decided to stop taking them because I think there was a correlation, and a correlation to why this might be happening(and they tested me for HPV, I've never had that or any STD of any kind).

Hope you get it figured out but to be honest with you there have been times where (especially as I got closer to 30) my body started to do weird things, I'm not saying it's af, I'm just saying I wouldn't completely rule it out.

I had a very weird cycle before my bfp and during my bfp.

My story is pretty similar to yours in that I had precancerous cells removed and was on BC for many years too- almost a decade- due to endometriosis. When I went off it, it was really about 2 cycles that I believe were an-ovulatory before I had cycles that I think I was actually ovulating. Of those few cycles, I found my symptoms to be pretty consistent and my cycle days to be between 29-31. The cycle before my bp I found I had a lot of "pregnancy" symptoms I had never felt. I had breast tenderness, weight gain, nausea, I was highly emotional- I mean, I probably had gone too far symptom spotting, but when my period finally came late and was unusually light I was sure I was pregnant. I didn't test until my actual bfp cycle *because I was too nervous for the answer one way or the other and figured I would inevitably find out* but I obviously wasn't pregnant. My BFP cycle was symptomless. I literally had zero symptoms until about 7 weeks into pregnancy apart from a missed period. I also must have ovulated and implanted incredibly late because my first scan I was dated back 10 days.

All of this to say, that I've had cycle issues for years as well and even though I had thought my cycles were becoming more regular, I still was thrown for a huge loop by my body. I think if the test is negative, it's probably un likely you're pregnant. Our bodies like to play tricks on us, but don't worry; I had a not so grand prognosis on getting pregnant and I still did with absolutely zero interventions. Good luck, and do keep us posted!! :dust:

I'm sorry your in a horrible situation of being in limbo but I will have to agree with the other ladies that if the bloods are negative then is extremely unlikely you are pregnant. We spent a very long time ttc and what I will say is that if you focus on being pregnant your body can play very cruel tricks, even minic pregnancy symptoms. I've had it happen more than once in cycles where I haven't ovulated. My advice is to maybe consider charting and tempting as difficult as it can be as then you can truly have an idea of if your are ovulating and if there may be any issues surrounding ovulation. I really hope you get some answers soon and hopefully you get your BFP very soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->