Clueless, am I doing everything I should be?

MrsH1980

Mummy to Myka
Reaction score
Hi all,

Xander is 5 days old and he seems to feed and sleep great in the day but it all goes out of the window at night?

Day time he feeds off one boob (feed-nappy change-feed) every 2-3 hours but at nighttime his latch is all over the place, he never seems satisfied, cries/squeals etc and struggles to get to sleep.

Desperate for some advice; i am loving BFing but keen to get the nighttime feeding under control and make sure I'm doing everything right

Xxx

Babies that young don't know the difference between day and night. It takes a while to get into a rhythm. My son eats frequently (like every 30-45 mins!) before he will go to sleep at night. He's a big snacker. Just keep putting him to the breast and try different positions (which have you tried?) Some babies like eating side-lying in bed next to you and you can then keep them in bed with you or move them to the crib/bassinet.

I had that problem with my daughter, she seemed to latch fine during the day, then at night it was a whole different story. My friend recommended I try a nipple shield for at night, and it worked perfectly. I would try that... It didnt confused my daughter at all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->