Cluster Feeding? Newborn question!

LoveMyBaby786

Reaction score
My little girl is currently 18 days old.
For the past few nights startong from around 10pm-ish she will feed constantly. She will drink for around 5-10minutes then get off the boob herself, wait around 5/10mins then start screaming until I put her back on the boob. This goes on for around 3/4 hours. Last night she didn't stop doing this until 2:15am.
I am exhausted as have a toddler to run around aswell. Just want to ask is this cluster feeding as never experienced anything like this with my first. If so is there anything I can do to make the cluster feedings a little earlier? Stupid question really as I only feed on demand anyway but I seriously need some sleep!
In the days she will feed anywhere between 2-3 hours and same at night times.
Thanks!

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do! Babies typically go through a growth spurt at 3 weeks so I'd say that's what is happening at the moment. Another few day or so and hopefully things will settle for you again.

Yes, as above, 3 week growth spurt ^
I don't have suggestions in terms of making it easier but for us it only lasted 3-4 days, so hopefully it is nearly over for you! Must be hard with a toddler, you're doing great mumma X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->