Cluster feeding?

Smudge101

Reaction score
Does anyone else's LO do this?

Holly is 13 days old and for the last couple of nights has cried for a feed after an hour and half every evening but can go 2-3 hours between feeds during the day.

Yup! Most babies do, it's totally normal. Just keep feeding on demand and keep up the good work :)

Hiya, my DS is 3 weeks old and he cluster feeds and whinges between 6 and 9 pm every evening! right when mummy wants some peace! x

I BF for 6 weeks and the cluster feeding on an evening was dreadful! The time leading up to getting him to sleep was such a huge chore. I was in tears most evenings with the pain of BF too. I guess some FF babies still have a similar habit when young.

I'm now at 4.5 months (Fully FFing since 8 weeks) and can put him to bed in a 'normal' manner (!) at 7pm and it is an amazing relief. This has been for many many weeks now. It DOES stop. It just so happens that the tiring habits they have happen when you are at your most knackered (in those first few weeks) too!!!

My baby girl does the same thing. She can sleep all day and then be up all night with constant feeding. We are currently trying things to break this routine...we wake her up every two-ish hours during the day to feed her and she will stay awake for about an hour after that. She has been sleeping a lot more at night due to this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->