cluster feeding

KatyR

Reaction score
Do they grow out of it? My LO is two weeks and is cluster feeding, then has wind, then wont settle and then wants feeding again. He has been awake since 7pm, its now 12.30am and I'm shattered! LO showing no signs of sleep and keeps making his hungry face. He has fed of both boobs twice already! Please tell me they grow out of it???

Oh yes! They definitely grow out of it. Two weeks is still super young -- they don't know the difference between night and day yet. I think things got better after two weeks for me -- certainly by five weeks. But the cluster feeding comes and goes. My LO is four months and every so often goes through a growth spurt and cluster feeds for a day or two. Still definitely better than those first few weeks though!

My baby is cluster feeding too. I've been told to annoy her to keep her feeding properly the whole time she's on the boob.. Seems to make the feed faster otherwise she's happy feeding for hours

My LO has been doing the same thing. But sometimes she doesn't do the full feed and falls asleep within 5 mins and then wakes up hungry 10 mins later. I guess this is something we have to power through.

Eventually, we still cluster feed between 7pm and 10-11pm then go to bed. It's our normal routine now! Though we did have a bad night last night where he continued to feed hourly allllll night! Argh! Hello week 14-19 Wonder Weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->