CM? OPK?? Need some advice- the more TMI- the more helpful it will be

hendersoca

Reaction score
I have to admit, I'm still not totally into the idea of checking my cervical position or mucus everyday. However, today I just simply felt more "wet" as opposed to every other day, when I feel pretty dry. If I just chart this, could it give me an idea of when my fertile window is? When do you check your CM or position? I seem to have trouble determining the different kinds of CM, any advice? Also, I think I have found my cervix but I'm not totally sure, I am feeling it near the back vaginal wall, it almost feels like a bulb? Mine seems to sit pretty low most the time- I barely need to stick my fingers in there at all. I am also using and OPK, what time of day should I be taking this? Will it show a surge ON the day I ovulate? Before? After?

you should get the book taking charge of your fertility its a great resource it helped me

This is what I am doing. Not saying it right or wrong.

I am due to OV on Tuesday so I started doing OPK's at least 2 times a day. Sometimes I do the 3. @ 7am, 4pm, & 10pm Then at 6pm I check my cm and the position. Usually I can put my finger into and feel it up to my nuckle. Lately I really have to stick my finger in to find it so I am thinking my OV is near. Your CM should be like egg white. Now the egg white thing confuses me. BUT last night while using the bathroom at a Shoe Store I noticed when I wiped that there was some clear stuff on the paper. Being that I was at a nasty public bathroom I did not check any further. I tell you the thing that helped me the most to understand about my CM was checking out the web site my beautifulcervixs not sure if it is .com or org. It shows pictures of a entire cycle, that is if you dont mind looking at someone elses cervix.

I am new to all this high teck getting pregnant thing. My first two boys we just did the BD every night untill I got a Positive. LOL This time we are really trying for a girl so I thought I would give the OPK's a try.

This is how I do my CM (I just check my knickers or what comes out when I pee)

Dry - nothing
creamy - like a blob of creamy hand lotion
egg white - really fertile, mine is often clear and it stretches down into the toilet when I pee
watery/wet - also very fertile, I can feel it in my knickers as it makes them very damp, often slightly white coloured/tinged

hope that is of some use?

Good NIGHT! It stretches down into the tolet! I never had that happen. Maybe thats why I am not sure!

Knickers - thats so cute! I guess those are Panties over here! lol

It helps to check the position at the same time every day because it tends to move about a bit :lol:

I also heard you should make sure you're doing it in the same way each time, like the position would be different if you were sitting down to standing up.

As for OPKs they say you should do them in the afternoon or evening to get a more accurate result.

I got a +opk today. I tested about midday and the line was just about as dark as the control line. I wasn't sure so I tested again at 4pm and it was very much darker. Just goes to show the difference a couple of hours can make.

Good luck :)

This is how I do my CM (I just check my knickers or what comes out when I pee)

Dry - nothing
creamy - like a blob of creamy hand lotion
egg white - really fertile, mine is often clear and it stretches down into the toilet when I pee
watery/wet - also very fertile, I can feel it in my knickers as it makes them very damp, often slightly white coloured/tinged

hope that is of some use?

Whoa! If I had that much CM, I wouldn't be in trouble telling them apart! The only time anything stretches down into the toilet is after sex (sorry TMI).

lol :haha: I am on my first cycle off the pill and think I ovulated a few days ago, the hormones have gone crazy, I have to wear a panty liner I have so much CM - blush!! The eggwhite CM I had the other day stretched right down to the loo and didn't break!! waaay too much info lol very similar to when you pee after sex ;)

Thanks ladies! this was very helpful! It seems like the difference in my CM seem so subtle... All of your answers were wonderful I appreciate it!

Thanks ladies! this was very helpful! It seems like the difference in my CM seem so subtle... All of your answers were wonderful I appreciate it!

I was never a huge fan of checking my cm but the other day I figured, why the heck not? I'm peeing on sticks and charting temps and what not so I checked and the first time I thought it was creamy, wasn't sure if I was right or wrong since I just started...so I did it the next day...the same...and again and again...until I thought I didn't know what i was doing...UNTIL yesterday and I checked and it was just like they say...eggwhite and it stretched between both fingers :happydance: You will tell the difference when it happens.. I'm still not 100% sure about everything but that stretchy cm is what they say you want so I was happy.

My "aha moment" should be coming up within a day or two... I pretty stoked to finally figure it out... I felt the same way on checking it- why the hell not?? Peeing on stick, checking my underwear, charting my temp- its like a whole new lifestyle

haha I know....I was like "I wonder if everyone ttc does this or if I just crazy" then I found this website and...no we are all just a little crazy :) :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->